Grimm Forum
Will There ever be Vampires in Grimm? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Will There ever be Vampires in Grimm? (/Thread-Will-There-ever-be-Vampires-in-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2

Will There ever be Vampires in Grimm? - GrimminFlorida1 - 04-22-2014

Forgive me if I am mistaken, but there hasn't been a vampire creature in Grimm yet. I think this could be a powerful villian character.

RE: Will There ever be Vampires in Grimm? - Hyndara - 04-22-2014

Seriously, I hope not. That's my personal opinion, sorry, I don't like vampires.

RE: Will There ever be Vampires in Grimm? - grimmfreak - 04-22-2014

No, please no... Vampires are played out... Everybody does vampires...

RE: Will There ever be Vampires in Grimm? - the-epic-prince - 04-22-2014

Do the Murciaglo's count from "Happily Ever Aftermath?"

If there's a good twist to the vampires then maybe I would enjoy them, but if they are mopey, sparkly, teenage heart -throbs I will go Grimm myself and decapitate someone!

RE: Will There ever be Vampires in Grimm? - Lou - 04-22-2014

I'm pretty sure that the Murciaglos count as vampires. With all the other vampires running around in popular current fiction and even on TV, I think we won't be getting anything more like Dracula or Twilight.

RE: Will There ever be Vampires in Grimm? - GrimminFlorida1 - 04-24-2014

I think the writers of Grimm realize this and probably would do their best to not make them like current vampires in todays movies.

RE: Will There ever be Vampires in Grimm? - pale boy - 04-25-2014

I could see it working, actually. Grimm tends toward the darker parts of folklore and myth, so the chances that we'd end up with Edward and Bella clones prancing around are slim to none. Since they already had a bat-type Wesen on the show, I'd lean more toward the chupacabra as a potential source for inspiration. But if it's to go the more typical vampire route, I'd like to see a mosquito-inspired creature (remember the fly dude who blinded Nick? He was extremely disturbing). Of course, a mosquito based Wesen would need to be female since the males don't drink blood. Or maybe a Nosferatu-looking vampire form that is similar to Hexenbiest in terms of being a "humanoid" Wesen instead of an animal one would be cool.

It would be interesting to see a flip of the current vampire mythos, I think. The tragic brooding vampire guy actually turns out to be a vicious serial killer, not a misunderstood hunk. Sympathetic vs. murderous vampires stories come and go, and it's about time we had the creepy ones back. (Although some fiction is fortunate enough to strike a balance, like both versions of Being Human were.)

RE: Will There ever be Vampires in Grimm? - Lou - 04-25-2014

Maybe, what if Dracula was a wesson? We have already had some non-fairy tales wesson. Like Big Foot, Aliens....
So what would the descendants of Dracula be like? I suppose they could turn into bats. Oh wait, we already had a bat like wesson. you know, the ones with the supersonic voices.

RE: Will There ever be Vampires in Grimm? - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 04-25-2014

(04-25-2014, 12:28 AM)pale boy Wrote: I could see it working, actually. Grimm tends toward the darker parts of folklore and myth, so the chances that we'd end up with Edward and Bella clones prancing around are slim to none. Since they already had a bat-type Wesen on the show, I'd lean more toward the chupacabra as a potential source for inspiration. But if it's to go the more typical vampire route, I'd like to see a mosquito-inspired creature (remember the fly dude who blinded Nick? He was extremely disturbing). Of course, a mosquito based Wesen would need to be female since the males don't drink blood. Or maybe a Nosferatu-looking vampire form that is similar to Hexenbiest in terms of being a "humanoid" Wesen instead of an animal one would be cool.

It would be interesting to see a flip of the current vampire mythos, I think. The tragic brooding vampire guy actually turns out to be a vicious serial killer, not a misunderstood hunk. Sympathetic vs. murderous vampires stories come and go, and it's about time we had the creepy ones back. (Although some fiction is fortunate enough to strike a balance, like both versions of Being Human were.)

Hi everyone.

pale boy, actualy I believe that the ET wesen that was already in the show was something like the chupacabra. At least here in Brazil the chupacabra story was told as it was same kind of ET or something close to that. If my memories servers well, the wesen ET was attacking animals in Portland.

Besides that, I completly agree with you. Grimm tends to read the darker side of the myths. Because of that, I think vampire like wesen would be some kind of serial killer that needs blood of something from human corpses to keep linving or restore it self health.

RE: Will There ever be Vampires in Grimm? - pale boy - 05-01-2014

(04-25-2014, 02:29 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: pale boy, actualy I believe that the ET wesen that was already in the show was something like the chupacabra. At least here in Brazil the chupacabra story was told as it was same kind of ET or something close to that. If my memories servers well, the wesen ET was attacking animals in Portland.

Besides that, I completly agree with you. Grimm tends to read the darker side of the myths. Because of that, I think vampire like wesen would be some kind of serial killer that needs blood of something from human corpses to keep linving or restore it self health.

Ah, the ET one completely slipped my mind (after reading your post, I do remember the episode; its the one with the pregnant couple on the run, if my brain is finally cooperating for me that is). Thanks for the reminder! So chupacabra is a no go, then.

Yeah, a serial killer "vampire" would work darn well with Grimm's darker view on things.