Grimm Forum
S3E18 - The Law of Sacrifice - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 3 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-3)
+---- Thread: S3E18 - The Law of Sacrifice (/Thread-S3E18-The-Law-of-Sacrifice)

Pages: 1 2 3

S3E18 - The Law of Sacrifice - GrimmForum - 04-11-2014

Season 3 Episode 18

The Law of Sacrifice

[Image: cz0XusCl.jpg]

Air Date: April 11, 2014

Synopsis: Nick (David Giuntoli) and his mom, Kelly Burkhardt (guest star Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio), join forces to protect Adalind’s (Claire Coffee) baby. Meanwhile, Prince Viktor (guest star Alexis Denisof) activates a deadly stateside asset (guest star C. Thomas Howell) to find Adalind and her child. Bitsie Tulloch, Russell Hornsby, Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz and Reggie Lee also star. Philip Anthony Rodriguez also guest stars.

Your thoughts on tonight's episode?

RE: S3E18 - The Law of Sacrifice - Lou - 04-11-2014

Well, that was a long story line that didn't move anything along.
The more things change the more they stay the same??
Nick's mom is gone again. Adalind is a child free hexenbiest again. (and she probably is everyone's enemy again).
And I hate to bring this up, but what ever happened to the coins.

RE: S3E18 - The Law of Sacrifice - speakeasy - 04-12-2014

I thought this episode was just great. There were so many scenes with almost all the characters that were so humorous because of the shocking revelation of the moment - Nick asking his mom if she killed the person whenever she talked about someone, the way Monroe and Rosalee tried to take in everything about Adalind and the baby showing up on their doorstep, Hank's response to hearing Adalind had a child, Renard's "You slept with my brother" and Adalind's "You slept with my mother" lines, and more. That was clever writing, imo.

It's kinda head-spinning to try to absorb all the action this time, but I was surprised that Kelly is the one Renard and Nick decided to let raise the baby. She'll definitely have to retire as much as possible from her line of work. And there are people after her for the coins, so it's complicated. At least she's getting a chance to raise Diane to make up for the sacrifice of giving up her own child, and she seems to be happy about that. And the baby cried all night because she wanted to be with Kelly, I think. Of course, maybe she's just taking the baby somewhere for safe keeping, but it sure looked like a permanent thing, because she mentioned having to teach her not to float things in front of people. But I can't feature Adalind, Viktor (and Stefania-contract lady), and the Resistance just accepting that they lost the baby and going on their merry ways. So, guess we'd better fasten our seat belts!

RE: S3E18 - The Law of Sacrifice - dragonmischief - 04-12-2014

I liked the episode. I thought it moved along, but I was glad to see that damn baby go. I don't like babies and don't want them gummy up story lines. While I don't like the character, Adalind, the actress does a great job in the role. I don't want the hunky Captain to tie up with her, but then it does keep things interesting. I always love the quick flashes of creature faces and then back to normal. Still enjoying the show.

RE: S3E18 - The Law of Sacrifice - GrimminFlorida1 - 04-12-2014

Really good episode. All along I felt they would move the baby character off the show. The amount of time it would take for the show to have her character would of taken to long. Roselee is going to have a child, so a cute baby will be in the show after all. I wonder what this means for Adalin? Monroe's German wasn't bad.

RE: S3E18 - The Law of Sacrifice - SvenJoli - 04-12-2014

How did the "Resistance" (Renard ,Kelly, Nick & Monroe) beat the limo to the airport?

RE: S3E18 - The Law of Sacrifice - Elkhound - 04-12-2014

(04-12-2014, 08:27 PM)SvenJoli Wrote: How did the "Resistance" (Renard ,Kelly, Nick & Monroe) beat the limo to the airport?

Local knowledge; there's always a back way in.

Anyone else notice that they used Nick's enhanced hearing in this episode?

RE: S3E18 - The Law of Sacrifice - pale boy - 04-12-2014

I'm probably the only one who wants it, but I'd kill for a few episodes where Kelly and Baby Monster tool around the world. They could fight crime together! (Yes, I am a terrible, tasteless person and I don't care.)

I do hope that no one tells Adalind the truth about who took Diana (the baby), at least not for a while. It was a harsh thing to do and I actually wasn't expecting it. Seeing the Royals get played was great. (Those guys have been begging to get knocked down a peg.) But I have to wonder if Adalind is going to go full dark again in response ...

RE: S3E18 - The Law of Sacrifice - Gretel Hanselsister - 04-13-2014

I liked this episode! I had my problems with the episode before.
Adalind wasn't Adalind anymore, this caring mother didn't suit her. Now she can be vengeful, go, Adalind! Big Grin
Renard deceived her, she must hate him the most. This relationship is going to be ... interesting.

Renard and the others made the royals think the baby is with the resistance now. (Perhaps they didn't buy it though, Monroe's German wasn't believable at all). The resistance's life will be much more difficult from now on. I doubt Kelly will tell them that she's got Diane. (The name Diane is not too far away from Damian, is it?)

In this episode so much storylines crashed into each other, I really enjoyed it. How Monroe, Rosalee and Hank reacted, it was really fun.

RE: S3E18 - The Law of Sacrifice - FräuleinWunderlich - 04-13-2014

(04-13-2014, 04:18 AM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: Renard and the others made the royals think the baby is with the resistance now. (Perhaps they didn't buy it though, Monroe's German wasn't believable at all). The resistance's life will be much more difficult from now on. I doubt Kelly will tell them that she's got Diane. (The name Diane is not too far away from Damian, is it?)

Not really, as I understand Monroe said: Do you think this is the Resistent?!?

Pretty good that Renard explained what the name Diana meansDodgy
We really don´t know this before(beware ironic)
Very creativ by the way to call a royal hexenbiestbaby by an ancient moongoddess and a ral exsisting royal princess...

ok, stop Fräulein! Don´t be so mad! Big Grin

Juhu the babyplot is finally done! And this episode has some Wu sarcastic and Hank fun. Okay, they totally ignore Juliette and nobody asked her what she is thinking but heeey Kelly take care of the Hexenbiestbaby! Big Grin

After this episode we are back there where we stopped on Season 2. Juliette is introduced in the Grimmgang, Hank is ok, the Captain and Nick working more together and Adalind is the evil enemy.

It was funny to hear Monroe speak german again. Ok, nobody would say "Geben sie mir den Säugling" we would say Kind or Baby but it was nice to hear him talk like that againBig Grin