Grimm Forum
The Baby: Evil or Just Creepy - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: The Baby: Evil or Just Creepy (/Thread-The-Baby-Evil-or-Just-Creepy)

The Baby: Evil or Just Creepy - pale boy - 04-05-2014

Spoiler warning for Season 3 episodes. Proceed no further unless you want to be spoiled.

For those of us who've been watching recent episodes, you'll know exactly who this thread is about: Adalind's baby. Due to the little tot's powers and status as a Hexenbiest and a Royal -- not to mention the fact that the Wild Hunt means big things are going to happen -- it seems that there's definitely something eerie going on here. Thus the reason for this rambling and the poll.

What do y'all think about the baby?

RE: The Baby: Evil or Just Creepy - ioannaza - 04-06-2014

Well, at first I thought that the baby was pure evil, you know, because of her parents (especially her mother)!
But, in the last episode, because of what Nick's mother said about the baby-that she is capable of great good and great evil, depending on the way she will be raised-, I changed my mind from "pure evil" to "just creepy".
I guess it's one of those "nature vs nurture" questions!!!Big Grin

RE: The Baby: Evil or Just Creepy - FräuleinWunderlich - 04-06-2014

Well, if you can trust comments from the grimmwriters account on twitter, this baby is more worse than Rosamaries. Wink
I hope it is evil because this would make a great dynamic.
I'm not sure if we have a long baby story arc in season 4.

RE: The Baby: Evil or Just Creepy - speakeasy - 04-06-2014

I'm confused. Wondering how Kelly knows this baby's potential. She knows all about how hexenbiest's get their power back; and that seems to involve sacrificing another hexenbiest - that's some very dark magic. Guess everything else Adalind did to perform the ritual was part of the whole process to get the preparation to rub into her stomach, skull face and all. All that, coupled with the baby's violent response to things, makes the child look bad, and that rhymes with sad, and that's what I'll be if she is (because she is an innocent child). But right now, I'm leaning toward her being evil.

The only thing that doesn't fit with these indicators for me, is Kelly's certainty that the baby could be a force for good, if brought up the right way.

RE: The Baby: Evil or Just Creepy - Erfi - 04-06-2014

this story of baby reminds me "angel", and we knows that the scriptwritter of angel is also writting for Grimm.
I think sean renard and adalind will represent a new group of protagonist, opposite to the royalty and the resistance. They will want to take the power and to govern the world.

RE: The Baby: Evil or Just Creepy - GrimminFlorida1 - 04-11-2014

I do not think the baby is evil as we all thought. She doesn't know what she is yet. Her future comes down to those around here.

RE: The Baby: Evil or Just Creepy - pale boy - 04-12-2014

So far, baby Diana remains off-putting, although not necessarily evil. As for what the future holds, hard to tell. That much power could make anyone turn to the dark side, as it were, but by the same side of the coin, she could be a potential force for good.

RE: The Baby: Evil or Just Creepy - Hyndara - 04-13-2014

The Hexenbaby was nothing more than a plot device to be able to restore Adalind's powers and bring her back to Portland, so she can do her worst there again.
RIP Hexenbaby. Somehow I feel sad for you!

RE: The Baby: Evil or Just Creepy - Sable677 - 04-13-2014

I have to go with a bit of both. She is just a baby, but she also knows how to protect herself and especially her momma.

RE: The Baby: Evil or Just Creepy - Elkhound - 04-14-2014

I had a theory that the baby was Frau Pesch re-incarnated; I'm not so sure about that now.