Grimm Forum
S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 3 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-3)
+---- Thread: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods (/Thread-S3E15-Once-We-Were-Gods)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - Lou - 03-16-2014

(03-15-2014, 03:36 PM)hot schade Wrote: i thought the wesen as god was a bit over the top, especially since only grimms can see them.
Everyone can see a Weson in full Woge.

(03-15-2014, 03:36 PM)hot schade Wrote: best part of the eppy was juliette visiting drew, i really loved what she said, i don't think he is better but i do think he is working past it, he seemed to stuck and what she said was what he needed to hear to move forward.

When ever Juliette does something good, I end up yelling at the screen, "take that Juliette haters!". Those guys really got on my nerves back in season 1.

(03-16-2014, 12:25 AM)droid327 Wrote: I liked everything about this episode up until the end....Portland plot, good. Austria plot, finally interesting again. HOWEVER, I felt Nick shouldn't've turned the body back over to Alexander. It goes against his training as a cop...its really no different than any other ethnic group's claim on ancient remains and artifacts, and you don't see him absconding with regular mummies and turning them over to Copts...but most importantly, it seems to leave a huge loose end that he absolutely cant explain away:

The scientist knows this mummy is the most important discovery in Egyptology since Howard Carter. She knows that someone else must've taken it since they had arrested Hans before he could get it. She knows the cops have Hans in custody. What are they going to tell her when she asks if they're looking for the thief? What are they going to tell her when she goes to talk to Hans about it herself? Do they really expect a scientist to just accept that such a once-in-a-lifetime discovery is just gone, with no real explanation?

I think it was sort of a "path of least resistance" for Nick to let Victor steal the mummy.
Already a done deal, don't want to get on the Councils bad side, Monroe and Rosalee are for it, too, and probably doesn't want the whole world to know about Weson.
Then when the scientist says "oh my god, the mummy is gone! what happened to it". Nick and Hank get to say "that guy must have had a partner we didn't see. we will go right out and look for him". And Hans is not going to say nuthin'. Smile

RE: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - hot schade - 03-17-2014

oh righ! i forgot about the full woge. ugh! silly me!

Quote:When ever Juliette does something good, I end up yelling at the screen, "take that Juliette haters!". Those guys really got on my nerves back in season 1.

LOL! me too! i feel like everytime they do this it redeems her for any bad writing they did of her in the past. in reality she didn't have to go see him, and she didn't have to help him, she could have

just let nick and hand to handle it, but tell him all her experiences with what is and isn't real really help him out!!

if the council is just as powerful as the royals, 1) does this mean that there might have been past wars between them and that maybe the royals defeated them and that is why wesen are seen as lesser being to the royasls 2) that nick has officially taken a side. it makes sense for sean to take a side, but in reality nick should stay neutral, not a friend to either side. in reality, they both have their own agenda and nick some times plays a pawn like role in it all. i.e. nick being turned into a zombie, and alexander using nick to get to the mummy. 3) i wonder if the announcement of the "evvvillllness coming and doom and gloom" in revelations is tied in with either the royals or the council, maybe revealing wesen as gods is ushering in an attempt to make humans subservent and wesen the masters.(not that all wesen would hold his idea, but these guys were extremists and i could see that happening)

i hope the last few eppys have some kind of tie to each other and not a bunch of loose ends.

RE: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - Hyndara - 03-18-2014

Weekly picspam is now uploaded to my LJ:

Nick in 3.15

RE: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - GrimminFlorida1 - 03-19-2014

I'm liking how Adalind is now becoming more of a hero charactre. She's always been niave which has a lot to do with the mess she's now in. I'm guessing she'll keep the baby and raise her. Hopefully Sebastian lives, but his neck is in danger now.

RE: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - speakeasy - 03-19-2014

(03-17-2014, 11:21 AM)hot schade Wrote: if the council is just as powerful as the royals, 1) does this mean that there might have been past wars between them and that maybe the royals defeated them and that is why wesen are seen as lesser being to the royasls 2) that nick has officially taken a side. it makes sense for sean to take a side, but in reality nick should stay neutral, not a friend to either side. in reality, they both have their own agenda and nick some times plays a pawn like role in it all. i.e. nick being turned into a zombie, and alexander using nick to get to the mummy. 3) i wonder if the announcement of the "evvvillllness coming and doom and gloom" in revelations is tied in with either the royals or the council, maybe revealing wesen as gods is ushering in an attempt to make humans subservent and wesen the masters.(not that all wesen would hold his idea, but these guys were extremists and i could see that happening)

i hope the last few eppys have some kind of tie to each other and not a bunch of loose ends.

As far as I can tell, the Wesen Council has an agreement with the Royal families and Grimm to hand over "Grausen" to the Council to basically eliminate them as threats to all of society. I'm not aware of any other particular clashes between the families and the Council in the past, although these may have happened. The Council seems to exist solely to monitor the wesen community and to exact punishment for wesen law infractions. The reason is 1) to protect humans from wesen exploitation and harm (including the big no-no of killing them) - and 2) to protect the secrecy of the wesen world.

I think it would be more natural for Nick to side with the Council than with the Royals. They have tried to have him killed many times and right up to the present are trying to get his key. And his mother, Kelly, seemed to view them as opponents when she talked about their pattern of infiltrating governments and instigating conflict as part of their plan to dominate the world. Nick has an accepting attitude toward wesen who do not break the law or otherwise harm people and it seems that the head of the Council, De Groot, and Alexander are taking note of this. Nick could use a powerful alliance like the Council in the coming days when a showdown with the families will probably take place. The fact that Renard has emailed De Groot shows that there is some relationship there already.

You may be on to something when you wonder about the dark omen that is attached to the appearance of the Wildesheer and all this. I'm still leaning toward a connection to the birth of Adalind's little "I can move it from here" offspring!

RE: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - hot schade - 03-20-2014

i guess after this eppy that im just wondering, with monroe, what happened to them being gods, and how did they become so subservant to the royals. even if the council's soul purpose is to enforce the law, how come they don't stand up for their wesen kind? the torture that eric put them through, how the royals use them to suite their own needs, i don't understand how they can stand for it. it shows that the wesen council either willingly turns a blind eye for their own agenda, or they are not in a position to help their fellow wesen and enforce the law possibly because that is as far as their reach goes.

if nick was to pick sides then the wesen council would be the lesser of the two evils, but doen't mean that he shoudl trust them really. IMO, de groot and alexander have an air of mystery that tells me that they are on nick's side for now, but not for long.

Quote:just let nick and hand to handle it

oh, how i wished i had self-edited LOL! that's suppose to be hank, just in case anyone was confuzzled by me saying hand should handle it LOL!!

RE: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - speakeasy - 03-21-2014

Maybe with the decline of Egypt as the known-world power the animal or wesen gods also fell from their place of worship. Also, most nations over history adopted the monotheistic practice of worshipping one god who gradually became human in culture to culture - but that's not necessarily true in the world of Grimm, so good question.

I wish we knew more about the Wesen Council, which fascinates me. I agree they are not to be fully trusted at all. I get the feeling they have never had a good relationship to the families. You're right, they didn't prevent wesen from being exploited and oppressed by the families during the Crusades, at least, when we know they were footsoldiers in their armies. Unless the wesen voluntarily served, that doesn't seem to be clear. But if the Veratt and Grimm were used to keep them in line, doesn't figure. Maybe some sharp fan will add to our information; lots of them around here.

But even though Monroe disapproves of their methods, Rosalee's father and brother were formally connected to the Council and held positions which made them responsible to report to them any questionable wesen activity. So that seems to have made her the automatic next emissary when Freddie died - at least she thinks that. It's already caused problems of loyalty between her and Monroe and probably will in the future. A loose affiliation between Nick and them would help ease that tension in some ways. But I agree with you that they can be brutal and retaliatory and punishment by death seems to be their standard way of dispensing justice! Big Grin Nick should watch his back.

I once typed the name of entirely different character than I meant to in one of my postings, which made it sound crazy, and I didn't catch it for weeks - know the feeling!

RE: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - hot schade - 03-21-2014

hehe! i ususally self-edit Big Grin, i just don't want to seem crazy LOL!!

that's the interesting part of rosalee, there is definetly this part of her that is dark, and mysterious, and not that I don't love her and all, but i can see her being turned into a character that might end-up betraying nick. not so much out of malice, but more out of what she perceives as a necessity. (just like wesley on angel) much like when she called the council on the possessed boy. i was totally against her decision, and i don't know why the writers never brought this up between her/monroe/nick. if i was nick i would be pissed, alexander made this worse for him, and monroe never asked himself why she felt it necessary to call them.

i agree with what you said, i think they are stuck in debted to the royals and cannot break free, it will be interesting once they are free and being able to really see what their agenda is, i have a feeling it really isn't all sunshine and rainbows like maybe some wesen are hoping it will be.

RE: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - wfmyers1207 - 06-09-2014

The thing that disturbed me about this episode was the cremation of the wesen mummy at the end and everyone acting as if this were a reverent thing to do. To the ancient Egyptians, the destruction of the body meant condemning that person to eternal oblivion. That is why they took such great pains to preserve the body of the deceased.

The worst punishment that they could inflict was to execute a criminal and then dismember their corpse and throw it to the crocodiles in the Nile River. Only the most vile criminals were subjected to that. The Wesen Council couldn't find a crypt to place this persons remains in?

RE: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - pale boy - 06-09-2014

(06-09-2014, 07:46 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: The thing that disturbed me about this episode was the cremation of the wesen mummy at the end and everyone acting as if this were a reverent thing to do. To the ancient Egyptians, the destruction of the body meant condemning that person to eternal oblivion. That is why they took such great pains to preserve the body of the deceased.

The worst punishment that they could inflict was to execute a criminal and then dismember their corpse and throw it to the crocodiles in the Nile River. Only the most vile criminals were subjected to that. The Wesen Council couldn't find a crypt to place this persons remains in?

Maybe wesen have an over-arching belief system that trumps local or ancient religions? That's the best possible explanation I can think of ... Otherwise it's just modern disregard and disrespect for ancient cultures. The fact that they burned something with that amount of historical significances is a bit sucky.