Grimm Forum
S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 3 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-3)
+---- Thread: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods (/Thread-S3E15-Once-We-Were-Gods)

Pages: 1 2 3

S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - GrimmForum - 03-14-2014

Season 3 Episode 15

Once We Were Gods

[Image: 6xYRZcOl.jpg]

Air Date: March 14, 2014

Synopsis: Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) find themselves thrown into the middle of an ancient battle and things heat up when the Wesen Council decides to get involved. Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) fill everyone in on early Wesen history. Meanwhile, Sgt. Wu (Reggie Lee) is still reeling from the events he recently experienced. As things heat up in Europe, one of the Resistance’s most trusted allies gets compromised as he tries to protect Adalind (Claire Coffee). Bitsie Tulloch and Sasha Roiz also star.

Your thoughts on tonight's episode?

RE: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - GrimminFlorida1 - 03-14-2014

This is looking like an interesting episode of Grimm tonight.

RE: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - Grimmster94 - 03-14-2014

Pretty good episode overall, Good to see the Council back in the thick of things and we also found out that Nick has the ability to see Wesen in film as well. I'm eager to see how this season continues to progress as we come down the home stretch.

RE: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - Lou - 03-14-2014

Well, that was interesting. but the preview for next week looks awesome. ( awesome is sung in a really high voice.)

RE: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - ioannaza - 03-15-2014

That was a very good episode!
It was nice to learn a bit more about wesen history, nice to see a member of the "council" again and I liked that Nick respected the customs and rituals of wesen. And I was pleasantly surprised that Wu recovered so quickly!!!!Smile
On the downside, I felt bad for poor Sebastien, tortured like that into telling the royals everything he knew about Meisner and Andalind.........that was not so good!Sad
Also, I agree with Lou about next week's episode preview -the best ending for tonight's episode- Now, I really can't wait until next Friday!!Big GrinBig Grin

Oh!, I also have a question: Did anybody understand what happened with the baby-satan?? What was it, that Meisner saw?? Really weird!!!

RE: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - GrimminFlorida1 - 03-15-2014

(03-14-2014, 08:59 PM)Grimmster94 Wrote: Pretty good episode overall, Good to see the Council back in the thick of things and we also found out that Nick has the ability to see Wesen in film as well. I'm eager to see how this season continues to progress as we come down the home stretch.

Funny thing is I could see the wesen in the films as well. Maybe I am a Grimm after all.

Hopefully Sebastian lives and they get Adalind back over to the states. I'm trying to think of who it could be coming up in the next episode... Maybe Renards brother?

RE: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - Lou - 03-15-2014

I hadn't noticed this before. Is it new or am I just not noticing it?
Nick seemed so blasé about the film in the trailer.
Juliette: it mentions a film.
Hank: you think you have it.
Nick: I don't know, there are a bunch of old films in that cabinet.

I think the baby thing is something the writers are giving clues to, and we are supposed to wonder. The fact that they re-visited the two heartbeat thing makes that seem to be an important clue. I don't think we have enough information yet. but I'm sure that cream she has been putting on her belly had something to do with it. Adalind is the most naive hexenbiest ever. And I love it when the bad guys are so busy double crossing each other they make no progress on their evil plans. but it looks like Adalind has gotten more than she bargained for. I wonder if she is now going to want to keep the baby. They writers seem to be making her more sympathetic, too.

Oh, and of course Egyptian Gods were wesen. How did I miss that?
I wonder if the show is going to explore how they went from gods to being chased by angry villagers with pitch forks.

RE: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - hot schade - 03-15-2014

@lou, LOL! since this season started i stopped getting previews ugh! but im going to take your squeeee as a good omen and go squeeee!

really good eppy!

i thought the wesen as god was a bit over the top, especially since only grimms can see them.

but i did like the idea of extreme wesen, interesting idea, and the council seems to approve of them, kinda like a government that secretly approves of extremest groups to benefit their own causes.

adalind, oh boy! LOL! just keep digging that grave, and take sabastine and meisner with you, digging and digging! eventually she will end up in china Tongue that double baby, i wonder if that is actually the baby's soul. and the body has no soul but some how it is connected to the body and cannot escape or get back into her body.

best part of the eppy was juliette visiting drew, i really loved what she said, i don't think he is better but i do think he is working past it, he seemed to stuck and what she said was what he needed to hear to move forward.

Quote:we also found out that Nick has the ability to see Wesen in film as well

but remember when nick watched that old film of hitler and voge, im surprised he was surprised, obviously not everyone could see what hitler really was otherwise they would have seen it a million times when they showed old videos of hitler, and wondered why his face seemed to change into a monster.

poor sebastian, sean get your man out of there, he's been made! although, i still think that eric was far more scary as a bad guy then victor is, he just doesn't give off scary to me.

RE: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - droid327 - 03-16-2014

I liked everything about this episode up until the end....Portland plot, good. Austria plot, finally interesting again. HOWEVER, I felt Nick shouldn't've turned the body back over to Alexander. It goes against his training as a cop...its really no different than any other ethnic group's claim on ancient remains and artifacts, and you don't see him absconding with regular mummies and turning them over to Copts...but most importantly, it seems to leave a huge loose end that he absolutely cant explain away:

The scientist knows this mummy is the most important discovery in Egyptology since Howard Carter. She knows that someone else must've taken it since they had arrested Hans before he could get it. She knows the cops have Hans in custody. What are they going to tell her when she asks if they're looking for the thief? What are they going to tell her when she goes to talk to Hans about it herself? Do they really expect a scientist to just accept that such a once-in-a-lifetime discovery is just gone, with no real explanation?

RE: S3E15 - Once We Were Gods - speakeasy - 03-16-2014

Another good episode. I enjoyed the wesen story and also the continuation of the larger story. Totally confused by the baby appearing in the forest. Meisner hears its heartbeat, picks it up and then it's gone when he enters the cabin. Don't know what that means, but I do know it's not good.

Not only the Egyptian but almost every culture in antiquity worshipped animals or supernatural-looking animal-types as gods - so Monroe is right to ask "what happened?" Guess those were the wesen good old days.

I researched a little about the Wesen Council and found that the group is thought to be as powerful as the seven Royal families; that's a surprise. It's a good show that Nick seems to be forging a working relationship with them.

It was good that Juliette's visit seemed to help Wu to work through his trauma. But if Dana stays in Portland, and her husband is an Aswang (not the baby-eating gender apparently), there may be another episode involving them and Wu may be in for another shock. Guess her baby may or may not be wesen.

Bit of trivia - I have been noticing that Nick wears his badge on his belt, Hank wears his around his neck on a chain and Wu has his pinned on his shirt. Haven't noticed where the Captain keeps his; maybe in the drawer where he keeps that special cell phone or in the glove compartment with the maps and stuff. Smile Anyone know?