Grimm Forum
S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 3 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-3)
+---- Thread: S3E14 - Mommy Dearest (/Thread-S3E14-Mommy-Dearest)

Pages: 1 2

RE: S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - Elkhound - 03-08-2014

(03-08-2014, 10:24 AM)the-epic-prince Wrote: But letting Wu think he's crazy just ain't right.

Oh, I think they'll tell him as soon as he's fit to hear it. Here's what I'm guessing:

Nick will come to visit with Rosalee, who will bring some sort of calming herbal tea. I'm sure her pharmacopoea has some mixture for people suffering from weisen-shock. (Portland has several alternative-medicine colleges, so I'm guessing that the staff at the asylum will be less set against that sort of thing than in most places.) They'll explain things, and Rosalee will wolga for him

RE: S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - parsonii - 03-08-2014

I was all for them looping Hank in the whole wesen thing, but I don’t think Wu has what it takes to stomach stuff like that. It’s probably better off to try and convince him that he thought he saw Aswang because he was affected by his childhood story and when he saw the mother-in-law attacking Dana, he thought he saw Aswang. ‘sides, when Hank tried to tell him that there are things that we don’t understand, Wu doesn’t seem very susceptible. Letting him know that there are a LOT more different types of wesen out there, especially in Portland, is going to turn his world upside down. In this cast, what he doesn’t know can’t hurt him.

On a different note, isn't that odd on the paperwork that Wu / Nick / Hank can't fend off an old woman attacker and had to shoot her? :/

I thought Renard sounded disappointed learning that it’s a girl. Was it just me? I think it’d be cool if there’s romance between Adalind and Meisner. I don't care how that'd affect the storyline. He seems the kind of guy who’d stick around and able to protect her, or will die trying. Every woman deserves a man like that! Smile

@Elkhound - I don’t think Roselee can afford a part-timer on her payroll. Wink As it stands, I don’t understand how Monroe can afford a stable living. :/

Totally second Pale Boy’s point that Adalind should name the baby Damien, girl or not girl! Smile

RE: S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - hot schade - 03-08-2014

nick soooo pissed me off!

i can't believe he was okay with not telling drew, then when he went to the mental hospital he was just smiling at him!! i just feel like banging my head against the table!!

this was a creepy eppy, the worst was sam's mom saying he could have another baby.....nice! gives a new meaning to monster in law!! o.O!

and dana's husband being a wesen and she didn't know!! the theme of this eppy was babies and secrets!!

nick owes drew, big time!!

but, i liked this eppy Big Grin

RE: S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - GrimminFlorida1 - 03-09-2014

(03-08-2014, 04:10 PM)hot schade Wrote: nick soooo pissed me off!

i can't believe he was okay with not telling drew, then when he went to the mental hospital he was just smiling at him!! i just feel like banging my head against the table!!

this was a creepy eppy, the worst was sam's mom saying he could have another baby.....nice! gives a new meaning to monster in law!! o.O!

and dana's husband being a wesen and she didn't know!! the theme of this eppy was babies and secrets!!

nick owes drew, big time!!

but, i liked this eppy Big Grin

Wu is always treated as a third wheel. He's worked with Nick and Hank how long now and they never asked about his first name? I'm guessing Hank will tell Wu eventually even if it's behind Nicks back.

RE: S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - droid327 - 03-09-2014

I was with Nick et al. in the trailer, about keeping Wu in the dark until it became absolutely necessary.

I think, by the time Wu saw the Aswang in full woge, it became absolutely necessary. I was surprised Nick and Hank werent just like "yeah we saw it too, crazy blue demon thing, calm down". And then explain about how that time Wu got sick in S1(?) was related, etc. I mean obviously, working with Nick so often is going to mean he's crossing paths with Wesen (and dangerous ones, at that) somewhat regularly...you cant expect him to just get over the Aswang, and then NOT freak out again the next time it happens.

That being said, I was kinda hoping that Wu could stay blissfully ignorant, that they wouldnt have to bring him into the "club" - he's the last recurring character at PPD who ISNT either Wesen, Grimm, or Kehrseite (except arguably the medical examiner, but she's borderline). I think it kinda does the show good to keep some non-Kehrseite around, just to provide that perspective and keep the show from falling too deep into the Wesen-world rabbit hole (Kaninchenleute hole?). Or at the very least, to set up some jokes about "Lets not tell Wu..." Big Grin

Also thought it was a little melodramatic at the end - Wu seemed to completely psychologically shatter, and I just dont see that as being realistic, especially not for a veteran beat cop who's seen some harrowing stuff in his life...heck, we've seen him take some pretty nasty stuff completely in stride on the show before.

But overall - good episode, nasty Wesen and nice to see some more worldwide diversity of Wesen. I just hope that "Wu episodes" are few and far between, because he really didnt carry the plot very well, he seemed to be more fighting against it.

RE: S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - FräuleinWunderlich - 03-09-2014

I like this episode very much. Reggie Lee was awsome(and I don't say that often about actors)
I'm feeling so sad for Wu. I want to scream all the time:Listen to Hank Grimmgang! He knows what he's talking about!!!
And why they don't talk to Renard? I would do it. Ok he has much to do with his babystuff and I have to say it's getting boring. Let's hope he not become superdaddy. That would be my personal worst case

RE: S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - Hyndara - 03-10-2014

And the picspam is uploaded:

Nick in 3.14

RE: S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - Elkhound - 03-11-2014

(03-08-2014, 04:10 PM)hot schade Wrote: this was a creepy eppy, the worst was sam's mom saying he could have another baby.....nice! gives a new meaning to monster in law!! o.O!

Reminds me of the scene in "Antigone" where she says that she wouldn't do what she did for her brother for a husband or child, as she could always remarry or have another child, but her parents being dead she'd never have another brother.

(03-08-2014, 01:12 PM)parsonii Wrote: @Elkhound - I don’t think Roselee can afford a part-timer on her payroll. Wink As it stands, I don’t understand how Monroe can afford a stable living. :/

I think Monroe may have a trust fund; all those heirlooms and antiques--and an Ivy League education (Brown)--indicates old money.