Grimm Forum
S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 3 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-3)
+---- Thread: S3E14 - Mommy Dearest (/Thread-S3E14-Mommy-Dearest)

Pages: 1 2

S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - GrimmForum - 03-07-2014

Season 3 Episode 14

Mommy Dearest

[Image: 3lNIHCXl.jpg]

Air Date: March 7, 2014

Synopsis: A horrible new predator creeps into Portland with its sight set on a young expectant couple who are close friends of Sgt. Wu (Reggie Lee). Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) must figure out how to deal with Wu as the investigation escalates. Meanwhile, Adalind (Claire Coffee) prepares for a special delivery while her enemies are hot on her trail. Bitsie Tulloch, Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz and Bree Turner also star.

Your thoughts on tonight's episode?

RE: S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - speakeasy - 03-07-2014

Just composed a couplet: Drew Wu, who knew. Well, we've got our institutionalized Portlander. Poor guy, the aswang was so uspeakable - monsters who crawl across ceilings are the worst. And Mrs. Tomas had the temerity to stay in room 105 at the Viking motel. What's up with that; turned my world "downside-up", ha-ha (didn't catch the easter egg in this episode).

Adalind's baby is quite pretty. I was relieved to see that it didn't have snake eyes, but there is something unusual about its looks. And I think it's already starting to boss people around kinetically.

The captain seemed to be affected by the news he had a daughter. And I think Hank is definitely right about telling Wu about wesen. And it's good that Wu's friend and her baby were alright, maybe she will stay in Portland and we'll see more of her. Really good episode, imo.

RE: S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - GrimminFlorida1 - 03-07-2014

Likewise to what Monroe said this episode gave me the hibby jibbies! Anyways i'm glad we know a little more about "Drew" Wu and hope his senses come back to him.

I find it strange how Nick didn't tell Drew everything since he already knew the aswang are real or a folk story. Hopefully Wu is ok and ready for the next wesen to come his way. Adalines baby is really strange and probably going to become a big character in the show as she grows.

btw, Reggie Lee favorited my tweet!!

RE: S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - Fuchsbauer - 03-08-2014

Ugh. Just, ugh. What a disgusting Wesen. This was a great episode, but now I have a problem. I need to wake up at 5:15 and be somewhere at 6:00. I doubt I'll get enough sleep, or even sleep at all. And I'm going to an all day event! On second thought, I should have watched it in the afternoon Sunday. Wink
Now, what will happen to Wu? He's in a mental institution now. Why didn't Nick and Hank tell him what happened? I get that it's a lot to fathom, but why not tell him? I feel really bad for Drew Wu.
And that baby is creepy! So it is the baby using telekinesis, not Adalind, who finally has her powers back.

Next week looks incredible! Can't wait to see it!

RE: S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - pale boy - 03-08-2014

The theme for this week's episode: babies.

Oh, and horror. Lot's of horror. The Aswang is an unsettling bit of folklore, and it didn't get any less creeptastic as a Wesen. Crawling through the window, puncturing through the belly button, devouring life force ... this one really hit all the nasty buttons and I loved every second of it that I wasn't cringing.

Under the scary, though, was the whole "Wu discussion", by which I mean the gangs decision not to tell Wu about Wesen. Everyone was against doing so except for Hank, and really, who else would have a better perspective on what to do in this situation than Hank? He was completely correct about what could happen if they didn't say anything. Maybe everyone else should have considered his argument a little longer. Both Hank and Juliette didn't exactly have the best time when they were in the dark. The pattern holds with Wu who is now in an institution. Sad And they still didn't tell him the truth. That wasn't an ending I expected! Well played, Grimm. Well played.

Also, Adalind's baby really needs to be named Damien now. I don't care if she's a girl. The name fits. Wink

RE: S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - ioannaza - 03-08-2014

Great episode!! I really liked it.Heart

This week's wesen was the creepiest, the ugliest, the most terrifying and disgusting creature in Grimm's history. I had to close my eyes as it was feeding on that poor fetusConfused
Poor Drew Wu (really?Big Grin), voluntarily entered a mental institution. Hank is right! Nick must tell him about wesen, before he loses his mind completely.Sad
Now, about Andalind's baby.......creeeeeeepy!!!! That's not a baby, that's satan with blond hair and blue eyes!!!!!Tongue
Also, Andalind got her powers back and she is wesen again and my guess is that she will be more powerful than before.
What about daddy-Renard? Did you see him "melt" at the sound of : "It's a girl"??Big GrinBig Grin

RE: S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - plbrooks - 03-08-2014

This week's episode was disturbing. I'm not sure why but that "clicking noise" scared me even more. But, I'm a Grimm fan to the end! Can't wait for next week's.

RE: S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - Gretel Hanselsister - 03-08-2014

(03-08-2014, 07:13 AM)plbrooks Wrote: This week's episode was disturbing. I'm not sure why but that "clicking noise" scared me even more. But, I'm a Grimm fan to the end! Can't wait for next week's.

Welcome to the forum! Smile

I really liked this episode. No one can complain the Wesen of the week hadn't enough screentime Wink. Great story!
Imo, the Aswang wasn't the creepiest Wesen ever. I stick to the Jinnamuru Xunte Confused.

The writers didn't kill Dana's baby, thank you for that!

The face of Adalinds baby-girl was badly animated, sorry, but this kept me from worrying what she possibly could do to Meisner. It looks like the "little darling" (I quote speakeasy here Heart) doesn't want him to touch Adalind.

I agree it wasn't right to keep Wu in the dark. Perhaps you can hesitate to tell him about Wesen, but Wu started to talk about the Aswang. That's not fair, it's so sad to see him sitting on that chair at the institution.
Btw. Reggie Lee is a fantastic actor. This was a episode where he could show it.

In every episode I have to look up some words Blush, this time I thought I share something with you, it might be interesting.
Wu in that Philippino-restaurant
"Oh, slow down, she [Dana] is married now!"
Chef: "Bummer!"
"We are still close."
"Double Bummer!"
So, what's "Bummer" in German? "Schade", exactly Adalind's last name.Big Grin

RE: S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - Elkhound - 03-08-2014

I agree that they should have told Wu, but what's done is done. And why didn't they tell him? Well, he probably wasn't in a state to hear it. If they had brought in Monroe or Rosalee to Wolge in front of him, that would possibly have pushed him right over the edge.

I'm afraid Wu is going to have to have a career change if he ever gets out of the asylum. No police department is going to want someone with a history of mental instability running around with a gun; indeed, in most, if not all, states a person with a history of mental illness is not allowed to own firearms. He'll be put on disability.

However, this can be used to an advantage. Rosalee can hire him part-time at the spice shop and he can help Nick with the Grimm Stuff.

RE: S3E14 - Mommy Dearest - the-epic-prince - 03-08-2014

I haven't been that invested in a episode for a while, I was like, "Don't kill Sam and Dana I like them. No, Wu don't go crazy!" and for the Adalind and the baby plot
(By the way I'm proudly shipping her and Mieser.) after I saw the baby's eyes, I jumped out of my chair shouted, "Demon baby!" Not my proudest moment.

But letting Wu think he's crazy just ain't right.