Grimm Forum
Do you think Captain Renard is a Wesen if Nick hasn't noticed yet? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Do you think Captain Renard is a Wesen if Nick hasn't noticed yet? (/Thread-Do-you-think-Captain-Renard-is-a-Wesen-if-Nick-hasn-t-noticed-yet)

Pages: 1 2

Do you think Captain Renard is a Wesen if Nick hasn't noticed yet? - Hunter - 04-09-2012

This has been on my mind since the first episode. It's obvious Captain Renard is bad but I've always assumed he's a Wesen. But then why hasn't Nick been able to see Renard's true face? Does that mean he's human? Maybe he has sorta ability to hide his true face from Nick...

RE: Do you think Captain Renard is a Wesen if Nick hasn't noticed yet? - scooby90 - 04-12-2012

I think he has gotta be some sorta creature. But I dunno what the end game is for him cause if he wants Nick dead he would be dead.

RE: Do you think Captain Renard is a Wesen if Nick hasn't noticed yet? - mieksta - 05-30-2012

(04-09-2012, 01:56 PM)Hunter Wrote: This has been on my mind since the first episode. It's obvious Captain Renard is bad but I've always assumed he's a Wesen. But then why hasn't Nick been able to see Renard's true face? Does that mean he's human? Maybe he has sorta ability to hide his true face from Nick...

Personally I think he's a Grimm. They mention a second Grimm more that once.

RE: Do you think Captain Renard is a Wesen if Nick hasn't noticed yet? - EndCredits - 08-17-2012

He is a member of one of the seven royal families.

RE: Do you think Captain Renard is a Wesen if Nick hasn't noticed yet? - GrimminFlorida1 - 01-02-2013

Captain Renard is something but it still unkown to us even Nick. He must be better at keeping himself hidden then the others.

RE: Do you think Captain Renard is a Wesen if Nick hasn't noticed yet? - De_Silsky - 02-04-2013

I think he is a member of the royalty. That means he is a sort of "VIP Wesen". That would mean it is not so easy to discover what he is. On the other hand, he has never been nervous or stressed while being with Nick, so Nick couldn't notice he is a Wesen. Besides, he is a kind of disident from the royalty, so he allows to have a Grimm working for him and he doesn't care. Or maybe he does but he prefers to have the Grimm near and controlled.
Anyway, we will have to wait to March I'm afraid.

RE: Do you think Captain Renard is a Wesen if Nick hasn't noticed yet? - pale boy - 02-27-2013

His bio on the NBC website describes him as being
Spoiler :
descended from 'Grimm royalty'. I got the impression that his Grimm side was the royalty and that his Wesen side wasn't.

RE: Do you think Captain Renard is a Wesen if Nick hasn't noticed yet? - the-epic-prince - 02-27-2013

Eric called him a half-hexenbeist and half-royal.

RE: Do you think Captain Renard is a Wesen if Nick hasn't noticed yet? - RebeccaMatthews - 03-04-2013

Always assumed there was more to him than just being a member of the Royal Family especially with the relationship he had with Adalind and her mother. Turns out that was right since he had to take a potion in the season opener to wake Juliette.

RE: Do you think Captain Renard is a Wesen if Nick hasn't noticed yet? - pale boy - 03-09-2013

Seems like this question has been (mostly) settled by the episode "Face Off".

Spoilers below for that episode:

Spoiler :
Renard ended up showing his game face to Nick during a fight. It seems that he has better control over showing his true form than a lot of other Wesen, but the reason for that isn't specifically mentioned.