Grimm Forum
S03E10 - Eyes of the Beholder - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 3 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-3)
+---- Thread: S03E10 - Eyes of the Beholder (/Thread-S03E10-Eyes-of-the-Beholder)

Pages: 1 2

S03E10 - Eyes of the Beholder - GrimmForum - 01-10-2014

Season 3 Episode 10
Eyes of the Beholder

[Image: lf12rVWl.jpg]

Air Date: January 10, 2014
Synopsis: Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) are called to the scene of a gang-related homicide. The case escalates as Zuri (guest star Sharon Leal), Hank’s physical therapist, and her brother get caught up in the investigation. Meanwhile, Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch) seeks advice from Rosalee (Bree Turner) in dealing with the news that her friend is Wesen. Reggie Lee also stars.

Trailer
Spoiler :

Another new episode of Grimm tonight! What do you all think of this episode?

RE: S03E10 - Eyes of the Beholder - pale boy - 01-11-2014

Got some focus on Hank this time around. Big Grin

Did have a bit of a hard time following the ep, though. (That's just me; got some kind of cold or something from Hades, so was watching through haze of cough syrup and sleepy feelings).

Ambivalent about the big Juliette fight scene though. Felt a little ... forced? I dunno. Very '90s "girl power" to me. Did like the "not impressed" line when Mr. Punchy woged. But Nick was just laying there on the floor the whole time, which was sort of funny.

RE: S03E10 - Eyes of the Beholder - Abc10 - 01-11-2014

It was weird that Nick was knocked out with one punch. But I think they did that because if he'd have been there, he wouldn't have allowed Juliette to fight Joe (which was for me one of the best Juliette-scenes so far Smile ) Joe gave up quickly, he was probably afraid that if he's gonna see Alicia again, Nick's going to kill him.
I'm also glad that Zuri is a Wesen, and what kind of Wesen wow Smile Was that a new one or did we already see one of those?
Why did Nick need to talk with Jared and his girlfriend at the end? Was he gonna start the ''I am a grimm and I know what you are but I'm not gonna hurt you''-conversation?
We saw Nick's superhearing again. I'm so happy that they are using it a lot more this season. And it looks like Hank knows all about it.
And Monroe and Rosalee are really cute together!! Big Grin

RE: S03E10 - Eyes of the Beholder - speakeasy - 01-11-2014

I liked this episode. Haven't seen Juliette so stirred up since she shot four bullets in the ceiling with Renard's gun. Good times. Also love Juliette telling the ugly wesen to get the hell out of her house, while being flung around like a ragdoll on his back. Smile But I agree with pale boy that the scene seemed a bit staged.

A blutbad playing the cello is my kind of wesen so it's always fun when we see Monroe's musical side emerge and Rosalee had a cute line about which piece he would play next. I miss seeing them lately, but it looks like they will be featured more in coming episodes.

Even though I enjoyed the show, I hope we don't have a wesen gang turf war to contend with in Portland and that this was just a stand-alone storyline. Hank's path to romance is never easy, so this pursuit is going along predictably, but my suspicious nature makes me wonder if Zuri has some secret she doesn't want to disclose and that is why she is resisting him.

Was the easter egg the room number 310? If so, they got a couple of them in because Hank also said the room number aloud when he called the station about the gang attack on Zuri and her brother.

RE: S03E10 - Eyes of the Beholder - Gretel Hanselsister - 01-11-2014

Wow, very good episode, could have been my favorite so far in season 3.

Juliette and her Fuchsbau friend Alicia, it was so cute, I really enjoyed it. She should practice saying “I am a Kehrseite Schlich Kennen!” Big Grin
The two girls fighting Joe was fun – he hit Nick from the behind, I have no problem Nick needed some time to join the fighting.

(01-11-2014, 04:10 AM)Abc10 Wrote: I'm also glad that Zuri is a Wesen, and what kind of Wesen wow Smile Was that a new one or did we already see one of those?

First I thought they are Mauvais Dentes like in S2E01 but no, we haven’t seen them before. Yaguarete.

[Image: yaguaretesmallaru6u.jpg]

The "Portland Northend Crew" are all Yaguaretes, I wonder if Zuri and Jared have a connection to them, more or less?
The “7th street savages” are from Seattle and they are Kehrseite. If they were wesen, they would have come sooner to Portland, hm?

Jareds drawings are so beautiful! Someone else thinking Joy may be a Musai? - Gretel sees Wesen everywhere-Blush

(01-11-2014, 08:43 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Was the easter egg the room number 310? If so, they got a couple of them in because Hank also said the room number aloud when he called the station about the gang attack on Zuri and her brother.

Yes, this gave me a good laugh. This room number really had some screentime.

I like Monroe with his cello, I like Jared shouting No! No! in the morning while playing video games with Hank, making Zuri jump. Really, really nice episode! Give me stories, give me fun, keep your gore! Rolleyes

RE: S03E10 - Eyes of the Beholder - speakeasy - 01-11-2014

(01-11-2014, 10:04 AM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote:
(01-11-2014, 08:43 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Was the easter egg the room number 310? If so, they got a couple of them in because Hank also said the room number aloud when he called the station about the gang attack on Zuri and her brother.

Yes, this gave me a good laugh. This room number really had some screentime.

All it lacked was neon lighting and arrows pointing to it. Big Grin

RE: S03E10 - Eyes of the Beholder - NorCalZombie - 01-11-2014

It was a decent episode. Only have 2 problems with it. 1, The fact they made Zuri and her brother wesen. A bit predictable to me, but eh, I'll let it slide. And 2, Nick dropping like a stone in a pond. I mean come on, he's been face to face with some bad mother, I'll shut my mouth. Seriously, I can't see him being disabled for so long, especially with a threat to Juliette and her friend in his house.

RE: S03E10 - Eyes of the Beholder - pale boy - 01-11-2014

(01-11-2014, 02:46 PM)NorCalZombie Wrote: It was a decent episode. Only have 2 problems with it. 1, The fact they made Zuri and her brother wesen. A bit predictable to me, but eh, I'll let it slide. And 2, Nick dropping like a stone in a pond. I mean come on, he's been face to face with some bad mother, I'll shut my mouth. Seriously, I can't see him being disabled for so long, especially with a threat to Juliette and her friend in his house.

Yeah, could have done without the Nick thing myself. Would have made more sense for the Wesen guy to show up when it was just his wife and Juliette at the house and the "oh noes, Worf is knocked out -- that means trouble" bit on Nick wouldn't have been necessary. And then the creepy dude folded like a house of wet cards anyway. Just felt off, especially in an episode where people were getting neck-chomped. Would've been more believable if the wife beater was, I dunno, an Eisbieber or a Wesen considered more "harmless".

Edit: I meant, it would have been more believable for Juliette to have taken him on, not more believable for Nick to get knocked out.

RE: S03E10 - Eyes of the Beholder - Gretel Hanselsister - 01-11-2014

Joe is a Klaustreich, isn't he?
All we know of them is how they treat women, well, not really respectfully.
The other one force-feeded the Seltenvogel, but he was not really the most horrible Wesen we met.
IMO Juliette had a good chance to defeat him, he didn't expect the women to fight in a mentionable way.

RE: S03E10 - Eyes of the Beholder - parsonii - 01-11-2014

First off, why do we have a vote whether we like each episode? It's stands to reason that everyone who will visit this site is naturally a Grimm fan. Big Grin Appreciate the weekly recap though! That's a nice touch.

Staged or not staged, I like the girl power scene. ^_^ I don't care if it's believable that Nick got knocked out after one punch. LOL It is necessary for Juliette's friend to see that she indeed cares for her. My only question about the fight scene was: why start with jumping onto the guy? She had plenty of time to grab a vase or pan to start with -- probably should have a baseball bat lying around the house at this rate. And, how was the guy supposed to "get out of her house" with her arms around his head?

Again, loved the scene, but found it interesting that she went from a totally boring character to a kick-ass, literally, one. I guess the undying reasoning was that once she learned about wesen and Grimm, she started her martial art training? :/ Nick went from a regular cop to Ninja cop as soon as he found out that he's Grimm too, no training required. Part of the Grimm power? Big Grin Be nice if the show sneaked in a line or two about their martial art training. Big Grin

Yeah, the brother and sister being Wesen was predictable. For a while there when the boy didn't morph in the interrogation room I was holding onto the hope that he's human. At this rate Hank, Juliette, and Wu will be the only humans left in Portland. Smile

Also, I know Hank & Juliette are very accepting of their Wesen friends, and it would be very awesome if he starts dating one, but isn't that a bit demeaning to say it out loud that "I am okay with you being Wesen"? Isn't that like making a point of saying to your colored / homosexual friend that "Hey, I am okay being your friend"? It implies that "even though I am more superior (being "normal"?) but I will still hang out with you. Non-judgemental attitude should be shown in actions, not words. But it's a TV show, I guess everything has to be spoken out loud. :/