Grimm Forum
The Kessler sisters when Nick was a kid - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: The Kessler sisters when Nick was a kid (/Thread-The-Kessler-sisters-when-Nick-was-a-kid)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: The Kessler sisters when Nick was a kid - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-22-2018

If Kelly didn't get her information from Marie, then there's still the old-fashioned Grimm method, beating it out of people, breaking into offices where the information might be or just picking up buzz that circulates the dark corners of the underground, the way she knew that a Grimm had killed two reapers and shipped their heads back to the guy who sent them. It just seems likely to me that Kelly and Marie would have had some means of maintaining a surreptitious line of communication.

RE: The Kessler sisters when Nick was a kid - irukandji - 09-22-2018

But why would she do that if she's in hiding?

If you mean Kelly, to get reports on how Nick is doing, and perhaps to get things she wouldn't be able to get without exposing herself. Information, perhaps some money from time to time, etc.

If you mean Marie, I don't think Marie was actually "in hiding." She took Nick to Montana, where she worked as a librarian and lived a sufficiently quiet life that Nick had no clue about the trailer or any other unusual activities, but she could still have maintained contacts through which she might learn things that could be of help to Kelly.

All conjecture, of course. All we really know is that Marie knew that Kelly was alive and hadn't met her end as a headless corpse in a burned out car in Rhinebeck.

I'm just saying I don't think Kelly got information on Reed and Gina from Marie. I think she actually spoke to the police and got it from them. I can't see how she'd get it any other way.

I do think she kept in contact with Marie somehow, because Marie knew she hadn't died.

RE: The Kessler sisters when Nick was a kid - brandon - 09-22-2018

Kelly had to stay in the house and then hide in another.
So marie believed that she would be dead
Maybe they knew of another safe place to hide and so - Kelly and Marie-so they looked.
I'm from that time and there were no cell phones like now looked.

It's unlikely that Marie ever believed that Kelly had been the woman killed in the car. When she arrived to take Nick, Reed and Gina were not seen, so they had probably already left.

The police would have readily provided information on the "accident" to Marie because she was Kelly's next of kin. Anyone else asking would have had to identify themselves. So no, Kelly wouldn't have been able to speak to the police herself and continue to remain "dead." Whatever she knew that went beyond what anyone could get from the news, she either got from Marie or by some non-legal means.

RE: The Kessler sisters when Nick was a kid - eric - 09-22-2018

(09-21-2018, 07:59 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 06:51 AM)eric Wrote: In Season 4-Synchronicity-, Kelly has a flash back to the last time she saw Nick. While the sisters hug Kelly says "I'm not sure this is such a good idea",Marie says something to the effect "its the best we got". To me it appeared the idea was Marie's and Kelly agreed. For me this would mean Marie was more in control and Kelly followed along.

I'm curious, eric. What is your impression of Kelly?
With years of practice she was a scary enemy. She gave up her son because she realized being around her would be dangerous for him and he wouldn't reconize danger-couldn't see a woge . Until he changed Nick would have resented the constant moving about and thought his mom was looney(see Josh and his dad). I can understand her desire for revenge. From my view I see a very focused person who had to make hard decisions; she did not like losing her son but couldn't see another way to protect him, even when he was an adult.

(09-22-2018, 08:20 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 05:10 PM)irukandji Wrote: I agree Juliette's flashback scenes were bad. I think flashback scenes can be helpful in furthering the story. In the case of Grimm, I would have liked to have seen more character observations.

LOL, I guess you must have missed the supermarket scene where Juliette tells Nick she was just using her previous BF for sex.

The scene when she tells the gang how her grandmother was trying to scare her, as a teen, from ending up in the back seats of teenage boy's cars.

You also missed the scene when Alicia tells Nick about her many (cough) "admirers" she had in her dorm during her college days.

Add in how she conducted herself with Sean and Kenneth while she still had an emotional attachment to Nick. It kinda's <--(slang word so I don't get yelled at for miss-spelling) paints a concise portrait of your darling character, Juliette.

She is a whorish slut, trollop, hoe, fast gal and a bitch. Well, at least, promiscuous, by my standards. Feel free to add a few more adjectives.
Many people who go to college have similar experiences as Juliette and evolve to a more "mature" sex life. If I had a teenager in my care I would use any scary ideas I could think of to make them act less like a "normal" teenager. One "fast college gal" I know married a Lutheran priest who went on to be a bishop. Maybe its my experiences that make me less upset with Juliette's younger years.

RE: The Kessler sisters when Nick was a kid - brandon - 09-22-2018

Very true.

RE: The Kessler sisters when Nick was a kid - dicappatore - 09-22-2018

(09-22-2018, 10:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: Thanks for the snippet, but there are some things about Kelly's story that don't make sense.

Well, if you were able to absorb what was on the screen instead of your delusions, the story would make sense and we could have an intelligent conversation. So let me count the ways how it is not possible to have that conversation with you.

(09-22-2018, 10:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: First, who are "they" that came for Kelly that night? Why did "they" come for a woman "they" couldn't even identify?
"THEY" were members of the same gang that the one guy shows up at the coin shop or jewelry shop, I forgot but inconsequential to the story line, and kills the robbers. The same guy that kicked the crap out of Sean in his apartment and its the same guy that showed up at Nick's house just before Kelly showed up. She ended up kicking his ass and Nicks ass before she tranquilized him. The reason why there was only one left out of, what I think was 4, was because Kelly killed the other 3, CAPISCE?

(09-22-2018, 10:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: Second, Nick says he remembers everything about that night. Yet he doesn't know Gina Serafini is his mother's friend who was staying with them?
He is a kid, does he really give a crap about who is staying with his parents? Would it register in his mind at that age? Lets say he doesn't recall or he left out his recollection of Gina? SO WHAT? How is that awareness crucial to the story line? All we needed to know was that Nick and his mother weren't in the car. What do you expect in a 1 hour show? Do you expect for them to recount all his experiences leading up to that night? WTF is your point if he knew or not know why Gina was there?

(09-22-2018, 10:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: Third, Nick asks why the police couldn't identify the bodies with dental records, to which Kelly replies,
Hello-w, McFly? If you were paying attention, Gina's head was missing. Unless they pulled her teeth out of her ass, like you, pulling out these assumptions out of yours? They assumed she was his wife.

Try this logic. How else would they able to claim she was his wife unless they identified the other 3 bodies? Who said that the other bodies weren't identified? You, only YOU, illogically pulling these facts out of your arse and spewing them on these posts as delusional facts and go on whining about lacking respect

(09-22-2018, 10:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: "They took Gina's head. The bodies were so badly burnt, there was nothing else to identify her with."
Take this sentence. Are you arguing with your self? The only body they couldn't identify was Gina's yet you are presuming that lack of Identity also applied to the other 3. Again, that happened only in your delusional mind not on the screen

(09-22-2018, 10:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: Kelly says nothing about whether they were able to identify Reed or not. Even though he's burnt, they should have been able to id him with dental records. And this raises another question in my mind, which goes back to something you said.
Here you go again making statements of facts that are in your mind and not on the screen. How could there be a police report on the death of his father is his body wasn't identified?

How many more times are you going to make this claim? Is this you intellectual opinion? Your arguments make no sense what so ever. By repeating the same bull crap does not make it any more the truth. All it does is reaffirm your delusions.

(09-22-2018, 10:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: If "they" were coming for her, why did Kelly loiter around? You mentioned she was waiting at home for Marquesa. I don't know that she was at home, but she was certainly nearby and no doubt spoke directly with the police. Otherwise she would have never known Gina's head was gone and the police couldn't identify anyone.
She is a Grimm, A very confident Grimm that was schooled in the art of killing your favorite Wesen folks early in life, in her teens. By this time, with almost a teen of her own, we can easily assume she's been a Grimm for many years. At the time she gave up Nick to her sister, Marie, she had probably been a Grimm for more years Nick was in the series, including the additional 20 years the end of Season 6 added on.

She sent the rest of her family away, thinking they would be safer. She was probably thinking to make it or break it, facing that gang without being handicapped by the rest of her family around. Instead, the gang went after the car and not her, thinking she was in the car.

This is how it played out on the screen. All your half arsed assumptions show, is your lack of comprehension and the ability to absorb what was recounted on the screen. Now, I agree, we all have our opinions and interpretations of what we saw based on our own life experiences. Yet, I have never seen you reply to a bunch of other contributors, not just me, but the many others that have pointed out your. lets say "short comings"?

You been (relayed, parlayed and flipped up-side-down). <--A NYC way of saying, "CHECKMATED" by facts, not just by me but by many other contributors. I never read one post of you ceded to your, lets say, "short comings".

All you do is spin it around, change the subject and keep repeating your own made up delusional facts that did not occur, such as you constantly repeating on this post that the other 3 in that car weren't identified or claimed that Kelly said it.

Maybe if you, with your so called intelligence, tried to cede to your misinterpretation, we could have that conversation. Remember, the word "cede" is also part of the word "conceded".

(09-22-2018, 02:52 PM)eric Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 08:20 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(09-20-2018, 05:10 PM)irukandji Wrote: I agree Juliette's flashback scenes were bad. I think flashback scenes can be helpful in furthering the story. In the case of Grimm, I would have liked to have seen more character observations.

LOL, I guess you must have missed the supermarket scene where Juliette tells Nick she was just using her previous BF for sex.

The scene when she tells the gang how her grandmother was trying to scare her, as a teen, from ending up in the back seats of teenage boy's cars.

You also missed the scene when Alicia tells Nick about her many (cough) "admirers" she had in her dorm during her college days.

Add in how she conducted herself with Sean and Kenneth while she still had an emotional attachment to Nick. It kinda's <--(slang word so I don't get yelled at for miss-spelling) paints a concise portrait of your darling character, Juliette.

She is a whorish slut, trollop, hoe, fast gal and a bitch. Well, at least, promiscuous, by my standards. Feel free to add a few more adjectives.
Many people who go to college have similar experiences as Juliette and evolve to a more "mature" sex life. If I had a teenager in my care I would use any scary ideas I could think of to make them act less like a "normal" teenager. One "fast college gal" I know married a Lutheran priest who went on to be a bishop. Maybe its my experiences that make me less upset with Juliette's younger years.

eric, I am not getting upset about a fictional character on a fictional TV show. I am just stating a formed opinion of the character, Juliette, based on actual scenes from the show itself. Unlike some other contributors that make up shitz to support their opinions. Such as all this BS if they or Kelly or the police did or did not identify all the copses in the car.

As for your statement on the "fast college gal' that went on to marry a priest that became a bishop. And your point is? Who she married does not change her past. If you are referring to people having the ability to change? Hey more power to them but it still doesn't change the past. Can people change? Of course they can. I have seen it and experienced it myself.

SPOILER ALERT BELOW FOR THE NEW VIEWERS

Could Juliette change? How can I contradict that? She sure did change. I have to admit, she did not go screwing around any Tom, Dick or Harry after her transformation. Even I can overlook that Rachel scene as more of an "investigating circumstance" instead of a promiscuous one.

Given all those tight leather outfits she was wearing in S5 & S6, I was expecting her to take on more of a dominatrix persona. But I will leave those happy thoughts to be contributed to the Fan Creation section, if I ever get time to divulge in.

(09-21-2018, 07:59 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 06:51 AM)eric Wrote: I'm curious, eric. What is your impression of Kelly?
With years of practice she was a scary enemy. She gave up her son because she realized being around her would be dangerous for him and he wouldn't reconize danger-couldn't see a woge. Until he changed Nick would have resented the constant moving about and thought his mom was looney(see Josh and his dad). I can understand her desire for revenge. From my view I see a very focused person who had to make hard decisions; she did not like losing her son but couldn't see another way to protect him, even when he was an adult.

But you did not get that impression from the flashback because in the flashback, Kelly voices doubt about the decision to place Nick with Marie. It's Marie who counters by basically saying, "it's the best we've got". That flashback gave you the impression that it was Marie who was in control.

When Kelly finally decides to grace Nick with her presence, the series does a couple of things that are really interesting in my opinion. First, when Nick confronts her about her "death", it's Kelly who makes a character observation about herself. She tells Nick it was the only way *she* could protect him.

That's a very different Kelly from the one in the flashback.

Kelly was also portrayed as being verbally charismatic as well as tough. As such, the scoobies and Renard went along with her when she kidnapped Diana.

What the series did not do with regard to Kelly is to show us what Nick felt about his mother's deception, nor did it give us any hint as to what Marie thought of Kelly permanently dumping her son. Nick seemed simply enamored with Kelly, instead of using his cop instincts to reveal the true purpose of her visit, which involved the coins. As such, Kelly is painted as somewhat of a heroine and naturally, her subsequent death is a total tragedy.