Grimm Forum
Do grimms need to be emotionally detached? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Do grimms need to be emotionally detached? (/Thread-Do-grimms-need-to-be-emotionally-detached)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Do grimms need to be emotionally detached? - WispyWillow - 01-13-2019

RE: Do grimms need to be emotionally detached? - dicappatore - 01-14-2019

(01-13-2019, 11:16 PM)WispyWillow Wrote:

We didn't get much of a history about other Grimms. Given the little info we were given of their past, maybe they were detached. We do know Marie was not detached, by the advice she gave Nick and how Nick did not evolve into a Wesen killer, like his mom used to be, until she re-commented with Nick.

IMO, Marie was the catalyst that began the emotional attachment of Grimms. She passed on her new approach to Wesen by falling in love with one. She passed on this emotional attachment to Nick which he passed it on to Trubel.

At first, We only saw Nick get emotional attached by killing only the bad Wesen. This is the part he passed on to Trubel. Once he got romantically involved with a Hex. Even if he did not plan on it, by the middle of S5, he was all in.

To recap, In Nick's situation, by him shacking up with Adalind, how can he be emotionally detached. He was head to toe emotionally attached with his Grimm persona. The jury is still out for Trubel.

RE: Do grimms need to be emotionally detached? - eric - 01-14-2019

I do not remembering seeing any proof that most Grimms are more emotionally detached than any homicide cops. If they were they would not care that some wessen were killing some other wessen. The Grimm who killed the Christmas creatures, when he saw they were just children, put down his sword and tried to find another solution. Nick lost the woman who raised him, his girlfriend lost all memory of him, and his long dead Mom returned to life in the period of a few weeks. That was enough to send anyone into emotional and mental shock. Nick loved both Juliette and Adeline, the children, and his friends. Sounds more stable than most.

RE: Do grimms need to be emotionally detached? - irukandji - 01-15-2019

If Nick were real and I had the opportunity to ask him a question, I would ask him, 'what is it about Adalind that you love'? The answer to that might give me some kind of clue whether Nick is emotionally detached or not.

As for other grimms, it's hard to speculate because we have no idea of what they are as people.

RE: Do grimms need to be emotionally detached? - brandon - 01-15-2019

I think she loves the man proved to be when she was pregnant.
Actions are more important than saying a word,just as some think that having family relationships is being weak.
just like the crying.Sometimes it's better to keep quiet than to talk.

RE: Do grimms need to be emotionally detached? - dicappatore - 01-15-2019

(01-15-2019, 08:12 AM)brandon Wrote: I think she loves the man proved to be when she was pregnant.
Actions are more important than saying a word,just as some think that having family relationships is being weak.

brandon, unlike you and me, some contributors just don't get it. If someone has to ask a person what do they love about another person, doesn't know what love is.

When you apply the word, "love" to people, love is not a "WHAT". It is a "WHO". I love my linguine with white clam sauce because of the taste, especially if I make it. It is not the same love I have for my wife and it is another kind of love for my kids and so on and so on.

It changes and it develops but it never becomes a "what". If it does? Its no longer love between two lovers.

To ask someone what do you love about them and they have an answer? That is more of a friendship love not a lovers love, not an intimate love.

RE: Do grimms need to be emotionally detached? - irukandji - 01-15-2019

(01-15-2019, 08:12 AM)brandon Wrote: I think she loves the man proved to be when she was pregnant.

Yes, but that wasn't what I was talking about. I wanted to know what Nick loves about Adalind.

RE: Do grimms need to be emotionally detached? - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-15-2019

It never seemed to me as if Nick had any idea why he and Adalind ended up together. The only thing I remember him ever saying about her was when he told Monroe that he thought she was a wonderful mother, and he sounded as if that had been a surprise to him.

RE: Do grimms need to be emotionally detached? - dicappatore - 01-16-2019

(01-15-2019, 09:51 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: It never seemed to me as if Nick had any idea why he and Adalind ended up together. The only thing I remember him ever saying about her was when he told Monroe that he thought she was a wonderful mother, and he sounded as if that had been a surprise to him.

We all saw the same thing Face. Like most people, their love for each other was not like a switch that got turned on. If anything, that switch was turned off and it was slowly turned on, more as a dimmer switch than an on and off, as they parented and lived with each other.

Like most people, there isn't one thing that makes you love someone its a progression. IMO, Like you said. It was Nicks observation of how a wonderful mom she was with his son, Kelly. That might have had the start of his relationship but not the one reason.

None of us are perfect but when you love someone, you tend to overlook the dislikes of that person and learn to accept and deal with those imperfections. That is what love is all about, hence the term, "Love is in the eyes of the beholder".

Me and my wife love each other in many ways than we did then, over 40 years ago. Do I know how? Hell no, I just know I do. Are we perfect? Hell no. But we have become better at dealing with our imperfections. Maybe that is why its more and different then it was then.

Like I said, Adalind being a great mom might have been the catalyst for the Nadalind arc to grow but not why they ended up as a loving couple.

RE: Do grimms need to be emotionally detached? - irukandji - 01-16-2019

(01-15-2019, 09:51 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: It never seemed to me as if Nick had any idea why he and Adalind ended up together. The only thing I remember him ever saying about her was when he told Monroe that he thought she was a wonderful mother, and he sounded as if that had been a surprise to him.

Not so long ago, there were comments about how Juliette and Nick had no chemistry, and some found it a stretch to believe that they had a loving relationship. They told each other they loved one another during the time they were together. But, despite Nick saying "I love you" to Juliette and Juliette returning the affectionate verbiage, it was not enough. It appears they felt there has to be more behind Nick and Juliette's relationship to make it believable.

It would be the same with Nick and Adalind.

I agree with your post.