Grimm Forum
which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? (/Thread-which-witch-was-better-suited-to-a-life-with-Nick)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - N_grimm - 10-14-2018

I just had to comment on this:
(10-11-2018, 03:50 PM)irukandji Wrote: I'm just stating that I don't believe Nick ever held his mother's death against Eve. He was mad as hell that she set him up, but he also seemed to understand the reasons behind it. It would make no sense that he would be amendable to forgive Adalind for all of the evil things she's done but not Eve.

Firstly, the comparison between Adalind and Juliette is almost irrelevant. Everything Adalind did either failed (kill Marie / Hank) or was temporarily (Juliette in coma or taking Nick’s Grimm powers). In addition, Adalind had already paid a high price for her actions: Nick took her powers, Nick's mother killed her mother and Diana was taken away from her. They were “natural enemies” and did bad things to each other. They were in a way "even". Juliette on the other hand, betrayed her friends - even if they only wanted the best for her.

Secondly, where did you get the impression that Nick "seemed to understand the reasons behind it?". Nick's interaction with Eve was characterized by his mixed feelings and absence of clear answers. Who was responsible for his mother’s death? If it was Juliette, Nick couldn’t forgive her. If it happened as a side effect from Juliette becoming Adalind, and the “hex-nerve” had taken complete control of her, then he would have to forgive her. By the way, Nick never expresses any forgiveness. He doesn’t have to deal with that directly, because Eve keeps telling him: “I’m not Juliette anymore”.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - irukandji - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 08:40 AM)N_grimm Wrote: Firstly, the comparison between Adalind and Juliette is almost irrelevant. Everything Adalind did either failed (kill Marie / Hank) or was temporarily (Juliette in coma or taking Nick’s Grimm powers). In addition, Adalind had already paid a high price for her actions: Nick took her powers, Nick's mother killed her mother and Diana was taken away from her. They were “natural enemies” and did bad things to each other. They were in a way "even". Juliette on the other hand, betrayed her friends - even if they only wanted the best for her.

Secondly, where did you get the impression that Nick "seemed to understand the reasons behind it?". Nick's interaction with Eve was characterized by his mixed feelings and absence of clear answers. Who was responsible for his mother’s death? If it was Juliette, Nick couldn’t forgive her. If it happened as a side effect from Juliette becoming Adalind, and the “hex-nerve” had taken complete control of her, then he would have to forgive her. By the way, Nick never expresses any forgiveness. He doesn’t have to deal with that directly, because Eve keeps telling him: “I’m not Juliette anymore”.

If you notice, my post was about Nick, not a comparison of Adalind and Eve.

(10-14-2018, 08:47 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 08:40 AM)N_grimm Wrote: Firstly, the comparison between Adalind and Juliette is almost irrelevant. Everything Adalind did either failed (kill Marie / Hank) or was temporarily (Juliette in coma or taking Nick’s Grimm powers). In addition, Adalind had already paid a high price for her actions: Nick took her powers, Nick's mother killed her mother and Diana was taken away from her. They were “natural enemies” and did bad things to each other. They were in a way "even". Juliette on the other hand, betrayed her friends - even if they only wanted the best for her.

Then read the answer again, because it's all about Nick.

The first paragraph addresses this: "It would make no sense that he would be amendable to forgive Adalind for all of the evil things she's done but not Eve".

The second paragraph addresses this: "I'm just stating that I don't believe Nick ever held his mother's death against Eve. He was mad as hell that she set him up, but he also seemed to understand the reasons behind it".

Seriously? How can this be unclear?

(10-14-2018, 09:19 AM)N_grimm Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 08:47 AM)irukandji Wrote:

Then read the answer again, because it's all about Nick.

The first paragraph addresses this: "It would make no sense that he would be amendable to forgive Adalind for all of the evil things she's done but not Eve".

The second paragraph addresses this: "I'm just stating that I don't believe Nick ever held his mother's death against Eve. He was mad as hell that she set him up, but he also seemed to understand the reasons behind it".

Seriously? How can this be unclear?

You said you didn't know English. Read it again. The subject of the sentence is *he* (Nick), not Adalind and not Eve. The second paragraph, the subject is *I*.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - brandon - 10-14-2018

There was reason to be angry - Juliette-
,for all the damage Juliette caused.
Adalind and Nick were never "natural enemies".
His fight started because someone thought that the best thing would be to attack nick's friends and was not Adalind.
Adalind's reaction was to hurt him through juliette.
Then Victor gave him an option to get his daughter back.
Adalind would have been angry with Kelly but would not have killed her

(10-14-2018, 10:30 AM)brandon Wrote: Adalind and Nick were never "natural enemies".

That's not the way Nick acted.

(10-14-2018, 09:22 AM)irukandji Wrote: You said you didn't know English. Read it again. The subject of the sentence is *he* (Nick), not Adalind and not Eve. The second paragraph, the subject is *I*.

I said I doin't know English? It's not my first language, but I have talked, read and written English for decades. Don't you think I went to school?

The first paragraph discusses why NICK “would be amendable to forgive .....”. Regarding the second paragraph, it's about how YOU (i.e. "I") believe “HE (i.e. NICK) also seemed to understand the reasons behind it”. To be clear: I'm trying to describe Nick's perspective. We must assume that Nick's perspective is consistent with the story. We have no other information.

I thought it was obvious since I referred to your text. (Your first response seemed very dismissive, that's why I answered in the same tone).

(10-14-2018, 10:30 AM)brandon Wrote: There was reason to be angry - Juliette-
,for all the damage Juliette caused.
Adalind and Nick were never "natural enemies".
His fight started because someone thought that the best thing would be to attack nick's friends and was not Adalind.
Adalind's reaction was to hurt him through juliette.
Then Victor gave him an option to get his daughter back.
Adalind would have been angry with Kelly but would not have killed her

I think we agree. "Natural enemies" were written in quotes. Nick was a Grimm and Adalind a Hexenbiest. They were enemies, but both had motives for their actions. Both had done evil things to each other, but they agreed to put this behind them for the sake of Kelly. Juliatte stabbed him in the back without an obvious explanation - except she had become a Hexenbiest. Nick's perspective regarding forgiveness must have been very different for Eve and Adalind.

(10-14-2018, 01:52 PM)N_grimm Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 09:22 AM)irukandji Wrote: You said you didn't know English. Read it again. The subject of the sentence is *he* (Nick), not Adalind and not Eve. The second paragraph, the subject is *I*.

I said I doin't know English? It's not my first language, but I have talked, read and written English for decades. Don't you think I went to school?

The first paragraph discusses why NICK “would be amendable to forgive .....”. Regarding the second paragraph, it's about how YOU (i.e. "I") believe “HE (i.e. NICK) also seemed to understand the reasons behind it”. To be clear: I'm trying to describe Nick's perspective. We must assume that Nick's perspective is consistent with the story. We have no other information.

I thought it was obvious since I referred to your text. (Your first response seemed very dismissive, that's why I answered in the same tone).

You were the one who stated English is not your native language. Without further clarification I don't know that you've spoken and written it for decades. What I read seemed to indicate that you didn't have a grasp of English sentence structure. (i.e. when you stated the comparison between Adalind and Juliette is almost irrelevant). Either it's relevant or it's not. There is no almost. In addition, you pointed out that I was comparing Adalind and Eve. I wasn't. I was looking at it from Nick's perspective. I think you got that because you mentioned it above. If he can forgive one for all of the vicious and evil deeds she did to him and his, he certainly can forgive the other for becoming the thing he helped to create. After all, he admitted it was his fault. If he can acknowledge that, then he has the capacity to forgive her, which I believe he did in the restaurant. As for not knowing English, that was an incorrect statement. I should have stated English sentence structure. It's obvious you know it and you went to school. Would you even be here if you didn't?

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - dicappatore - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 01:52 PM)N_grimm Wrote:

What we have here is not a language problem nor a failure to communicate. If you get the time to explore this forum withing its various threads, you will notice a few contributors saw a different version of what most of us saw. "SOME" contributors, having the in-ability to accept how the various plots played out, tend to opine what they wished occurred.

The issue comes up is when they try to justify their lopsided opinions by creating scene, dialogue and overlooking what actually played out. The latter is also known as "exclusionary detailing". Another practice "SOME" use is "is ye old deflecting technique", and of course, in your case, The twisting of what you said.

One particular contributor has been show by a few other contributors with script dialogue, scenes and interviews to prove what they claim took place on the screen as a conflict to what actually occurred yet, you will never see "SOME" concede.

Way back, there was a big dispute on these threads on whom owned the house Nick and Juliette lived in. Because a few knuckle heads saw a flashback of "moving in day" of Nick and Juliette having a dispute about the use or a particular Elvis lamp, they assumed she was already living in the house she owned and Nick was moving in with her.

Without repeating all the rest of the evidence shown throughout the 4 seasons of them living in the house, including other details of that same flashback scene, (exclusionary detailing) the house was owned solely by Nick. There was never an acceptance of the facts and this contributor and a few others. They insisted it was just varied opinions of various viewers.

The most obvious proof was, How could Nick have sold the house if he did not own it. If he inherited it from Juliette? How? Without a death certificate. So much for "opinions".

Just a heads up to be aware of, in case you haven't noticed, what you are dealing with.

BTW, is anyone is to be accused of comparing Adalind and Juliette? It was me, way back on 7-11-2018, Post #3 of this thread.