Grimm Forum
which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? (/Thread-which-witch-was-better-suited-to-a-life-with-Nick)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - brandon - 10-11-2018

I do not see anything about Nick not accepting juliette " Hexenbiest".
It was guilt because of the side effect in it Juliette.she rejected him for that prejudice between both species, without trying anything.
The relationship is already broken without having anything to do Adalind.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - dicappatore - 10-11-2018

(10-11-2018, 07:27 AM)brandon Wrote: I also think that Adalind was the best for Nick and vice versa.
I do not think Nick rejects juliette for becoming a " Hexenbiest".
Nick felt guilty about what happened so how could he see her face.?
Juliette also considered him guilty.
How could Nick say that being a "Wesen" was better, because she would take it badly.
How could such a relationship work?

For me, Nick as a Wesen and Juliette as a Hex could have worked since it worked with Adalind who was also a Hex. Now I am not a fool to not see the differences between the two women. Adalind was born into the world of Wesen and grew up with a mother that was a Hex herself. As we were told by the narrative, her mother was not the greatest as a mom. Her moms lack of empathy was not due to her being a Hex.

If Adalind had had Elizabeth, Sean mom as mom, maybe she would have also had had empathy from the beginning. Even after Nick took it away, it did not change her lousy upbringing by how she behaved and what she did to get even. What finally changed her outlook in life was having kid, loosing that kid and the effects of having a second child and the possibility of also losing that one.

By taking the writers direction out of the equation. Imagine what Juliette would have done if she was exposed to Elizabeth and the suppression potion, instead of Henrietta, Sean, Adalind 1.0 and lets not forget the Royals with their Kenneth as their point man?

I strongly believe, If Juliette had more of the my stated influences of Elizabeth as her confidant and had drank the suppression potion, that was not designed to change her or cure her, as Juliette and some un-attentative commentators have claimed.

The suppression potions would have suppressed her Hexenbiest tendencies for her to have time to acclimate to her new way of life and give her time to re-acquaint herself, as a Hex, to a Grimm that was still worshiping the ground she walked on, even as a Hexenbiest. I really think it would have worked out.

This is my extent to my "flash" fan fiction creativity. If I was on that creative team, that would have extended that TV Show further.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - rpmaluki - 10-11-2018

(10-11-2018, 08:06 AM)dicappatore Wrote: The suppression potions would have suppressed her Hexenbiest tendencies for her to have time to acclimate to her new way of life and give her time to re-acquaint herself, as a Hex, to a Grimm that was still worshiping the ground she walked on, even as a Hexenbiest. I really think it would have worked out.

This is my extent to my "flash" fan fiction creativity. If I was on that creative team, that would have extended that TV Show further.
This is the direction I expected from the writers but obviously they had other ideas. I thought they would make it all work but they didn't.

As Rosalee said, she did not want to be " Hexenbiest"( 5×1),but she should try to get the best out of a situation like this.
It did not.
I say that getting the best is "not attacking your friends in a store, setting a trailer on fire "

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - Hell Rell - 10-11-2018

(10-11-2018, 08:14 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 08:06 AM)dicappatore Wrote: The suppression potions would have suppressed her Hexenbiest tendencies for her to have time to acclimate to her new way of life and give her time to re-acquaint herself, as a Hex, to a Grimm that was still worshiping the ground she walked on, even as a Hexenbiest. I really think it would have worked out.

This is the direction I expected from the writers but obviously they had other ideas. I thought they would make it all work but they didn't.

I think things would've worked out between the two had this been the direction as well. Juliette just let her anger and bitterness dictate her every action. She really needed to take some time to chill out but she felt like a victim for years, not that unreasonable, and she got drunk off of her newfound power.

I do wonder what would've happened had Juliette become a less powerful Hexenbiest. That awesome power gave her more confidence than anyone in the gang. She knew she could stomp anyone at any time so I think having no more power than Adalind may have led to a more mellowed out Juliette once she had a month or so to adjust.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - eric - 10-11-2018

I was sorry that Nick and Juliette did not find a way to work and live together after the change. I was hoping for some sort of super duo fighting for justice etc. As with most things, I guessed wrong. Up to the point where she helped kill Kelly it seemed possible, after that no way. They might have worked together, but it would have been a semi-hostile relationship. There could have been more powerful wessen than her, she could have had weaknesses besides an allergy to flying glass. Oh well, I still watched and enjoyed the show.

After juliette's betrayal, could never have teamed with her.
Maybe before but she thought the worst of Nick...

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - irukandji - 10-11-2018

(10-11-2018, 09:47 AM)eric Wrote: I was sorry that Nick and Juliette did not find a way to work and live together after the change. I was hoping for some sort of super duo fighting for justice etc. As with most things, I guessed wrong. Up to the point where she helped kill Kelly it seemed possible, after that no way.

But then why would he live with Adalind? She killed the person who Nick said was like a mother to him.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - N_grimm - 10-11-2018

(10-11-2018, 02:45 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-11-2018, 09:47 AM)eric Wrote: I was sorry that Nick and Juliette did not find a way to work and live together after the change. I was hoping for some sort of super duo fighting for justice etc. As with most things, I guessed wrong. Up to the point where she helped kill Kelly it seemed possible, after that no way.

But then why would he live with Adalind? She killed the person who Nick said was like a mother to him.

No. Adalind attempted to kill Marie, but Nick intervened. This is one of Grimm's most famous scenes. Soon after, Marie regained consciousness.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - Hell Rell - 10-11-2018

(10-11-2018, 02:45 PM)irukandji Wrote:

Not that it makes things any better, but Adalind attempted to kill Marie. She never succeeded because Nick was there and stopped her.

As for why Nick lived with Adalind, it's simply because she had his child. That was the only reasoning the show provided. Nick felt responsible for Adalind as well because he told Monroe as much. We all know they wouldn't be amicable, let alone become roommates and later have a relationship, if it weren't for Kelly.