Grimm Forum
which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? (/Thread-which-witch-was-better-suited-to-a-life-with-Nick)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - irukandji - 07-13-2018

(07-13-2018, 06:31 PM)dicappatore Wrote: And I have read statements by various contributors on many threads in replying to your postings. What were you watching?

(Laughs)

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - brandon - 07-14-2018

wrong I was writing it.
Rather, Adalind understood Nick maybe much better than Juliette.
I would say that you can not carry on a relationship if all the time there are fights or one blames the other for something that could not be avoided-the spouse who blames the other because he did such a thing and ended up in someone's death-

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - irukandji - 07-14-2018

(07-14-2018, 06:38 AM)brandon Wrote: Rather, Adalind understood Nick maybe much better than Juliette.

Really? I wonder why then she seemed so clueless when Nick and company kidnapped Diana.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - brandon - 07-14-2018

I said season 5.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - irukandji - 07-14-2018

(07-14-2018, 07:50 AM)brandon Wrote: I said season 5.

Where? Here's your quote:

Quote:Rather, Adalind understood Nick maybe much better than Juliette.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - Waldfrau - 07-15-2018

I was shocked when Juliette betrayed Nick in a way that resulted in his mother's death and I don't think there's a coming back from that point in their relationship.

I wouldn't necessarily say that Adalind is a better fit, Juliette would have been fine as a hexenbiest wife to him if she hadn't betrayed him. But in the end I'm happy he got together with Adalind because he isn't the type for a lonesome life and he would have become depressed and bitter.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - rpmaluki - 10-11-2018

(07-11-2018, 08:54 AM)New Guy Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 12:20 AM)WispyWillow Wrote: the life of a grimm tends to be rather grim.

what kind of person would fit into the romantic life of grimms? nick's dad was killed. marie left her fiance to raise nick. trubel's parents were killed.
grimms don't seem to be big on compromise and danger is never that far

how different was kelly while she was married to nick's father? difficult to imagine the kelly we met as the mother nick grew up with.

which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? Adalind or Juliette/Eve
Hi Wispy,
I like your homonym play on words.
The idea of a Grimm and Hexenbiest having a loving relationship is inconsistent with how the two are cast. Recall how Kelly (Nick's mother) killed Cathrine (Adalind's mother). Recall that blood of a Grimm destroys the Hexenbiest as Nick did when he fought Adalind. When Juliette became Hexenette, her "love" for Nick was gone and she only had rage toward him.
IMO no Hexenbiest was suitable to a life with anyone, especially a Grimm. I do not recall any other being on Grimm that had a healthy loving relationship with a Hexenbiest. The Nickalind ship was inconsistent with the established characteristics for Grimms and Hexenbiester. Is that the correct Plural? Confused
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/german-english/biest
N G
I don't think her love for him was gone. It was just buried under a huge pile of anger, resentment and self-hatred.

I think it's about accepting the other, warts and all.

For whatever reason, Nick and Juliette couldn't fully accept who and what the other person was with their supernatural abilities and how that affected what should have been an easy, seamless relationship. On paper they should have worked it all out because they loved one another but they simply couldn't. While Nick and Adalind should never have worked under any circumstances and yet they made it work for them. I don't want to say Adalind understands Nick's world because in truth that doesn't exist but Nick quickly adjusted to this wesen world of secrecy and double lives and enjoyed having this heightened ability (Adalind was like this too at the start of the show, she enjoyed being a hexenbiest). His aunt called it a burden but it wasn't that for him until Juliette becoming a hexenbiest and he began to feel that burden for the first time because of how being a Grimm affected those around him and Adalind also mirrored Nick in her outlook on life by the end of the show. They sort of grew into the people they each needed in their lives because of their experiences, some of which they shared. It didn't start of that way obviously. In the end, Adalind was the better woman suited to be with Nick.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - dicappatore - 10-11-2018

(10-11-2018, 06:39 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 12:20 AM)WispyWillow Wrote: the life of a grimm tends to be rather grim.

Hi Wispy,
I like your homonym play on words.

I think it's about accepting the other, warts and all.

Talk about playing with words. lol. WTF is the "warts and all" referring to? Are you calling "Her" a witch? I can just see, then crow eating peeps, excoriated you, for making such a remark.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - brandon - 10-11-2018

I also think that Adalind was the best for Nick and vice versa.
I do not think Nick rejects juliette for becoming a " Hexenbiest".
Nick felt guilty about what happened so how could he see her face.?
Juliette also considered him guilty.
How could Nick say that being a "Wesen" was better, because she would take it badly.
How could such a relationship work?

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - rpmaluki - 10-11-2018

(10-11-2018, 07:27 AM)brandon Wrote: I also think that Adalind was the best for Nick and vice versa.
I do not think Nick rejects juliette for becoming a " Hexenbiest".
Nick felt guilty about what happened so how could he see her face.?
Juliette also considered him guilty.
How could Nick say that being a "Wesen" was better, because she would take it badly.
How could such a relationship work?

Not fully accepting each other's supernatural nature wasn't necessarily open rejection. S4 showed a Juliette that preferred a grimmless Nick and Nick wanted human Juliette back. They loved one another but S4 was revelatory regarding their relationship, how imperfect (and even how broken) it honestly had become.