Grimm Forum
which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? (/Thread-which-witch-was-better-suited-to-a-life-with-Nick)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - irukandji - 10-27-2018

(10-27-2018, 05:37 AM)brandon Wrote: that's why I think Juliette thought the worst of Nick.
She saw only one black , thought he was a murderer.

If Juliette saw Nick as a killer, wouldn't she then also be seeing that she would need to defend herself from him?

Curious on your comment and would like to ask a question. Why would the hexenbiest force Juliette to see Nick as a murderer?

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - brandon - 10-27-2018

I do not mean how well you could defend yourself.
But one of his reasons for leaving was that they could not live together-" GRIMM and Hexenbiest"-.
Well that neither Monroe nor Rosalee paid attention to that issue about a union between different species

(10-27-2018, 08:52 AM)brandon Wrote: I do not mean how well you could defend yourself.
But one of his reasons for leaving was that they could not live together-" GRIMM and Hexenbiest"-.
Well that neither Monroe nor Rosalee paid attention to that issue about a union between different species

It would not be in her nature for Juliette to view Nick as a murderer but yet think at the same time, "except he would never murder me". He's close to her, but she would have to wonder if at some point he would snap and murder her as well.

The hexenbiest spirit seems very protective of its host. If Juliette knows Nick is a murderer, then her spirit knows it too. As a human, she would be very cautious about the possibility of being his next victim. The hexenbiest spirit would as well, and would protect its host at all costs.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - Hell Rell - 10-27-2018

(10-26-2018, 05:05 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 06:48 AM)brandon Wrote: Not one thing was believable?
what would?

Think about Nick's reaction to Juliette's woge. First off, he's a cop. He's had to have seen bodies in worse shape than his girlfriend woging at him. Second, it's not like he's never seen a hexenbiest woge. Adalind woged at him and he didn't even flinch.

I thought this was already discussed on some other thread. I remember having this exact conversation before.

Nick had different reactions to Adalind and Juliette because they were different situations. He already knew Adalind was a Hexenbiest again but he had no idea Juliette had become one, which makes perfect sense seeing that she's human. Nick being a cop or even a Grimm wouldn't prepare him for this. Nick seeing those bodies wouldn't be as shocking as seeing what Juliette had become which is why he didn't believe it was her at first.

(10-27-2018, 11:26 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 05:05 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-26-2018, 06:48 AM)brandon Wrote: Not one thing was believable?
what would?

Think about Nick's reaction to Juliette's woge. First off, he's a cop. He's had to have seen bodies in worse shape than his girlfriend woging at him. Second, it's not like he's never seen a hexenbiest woge. Adalind woged at him and he didn't even flinch.

I thought this was already discussed on some other thread. I remember having this exact conversation before.

Nick had different reactions to Adalind and Juliette because they were different situations. He already knew Adalind was a Hexenbiest again but he had no idea Juliette had become one, which makes perfect sense seeing that she's human. Nick being a cop or even a Grimm wouldn't prepare him for this. Nick seeing those bodies wouldn't be as shocking as seeing what Juliette had become which is why he didn't believe it was her at first.

Of all the topics that have been discussed over and over and over again, you decide this one should be singled out for comment. Why is that?

Brandon asked a question. I answered it. Why is that a problem?

I mean no offense on this, but surely you're not thinking yours is the only perspective that applies here, correct?

(10-27-2018, 12:03 PM)irukandji Wrote: Of all the topics that have been discussed over and over and over again, you decide this one should be singled out for comment. Why is that?

I mean no offense on this, but surely you're not thinking yours is the only perspective that applies here, correct?

This is definitely not the only one I've singled out. The Spice Shop confrontation and Kelly's paternity are two other examples. I've done it before and will most likely do it again.

I don't think my perspective is the only one that matters. This issue was discussed before with plenty of perspectives other than my own which is why I said it was already discussed at length and I remember having this same exact conversation.

(10-27-2018, 01:10 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(10-27-2018, 12:03 PM)irukandji Wrote: Of all the topics that have been discussed over and over and over again, you decide this one should be singled out for comment. Why is that?

This is definitely not the only one I've singled out. The Spice Shop confrontation and Kelly's paternity are two other examples. I've done it before and will most likely do it again.

I don't think my perspective is the only one that matters. This issue was discussed before with plenty of perspectives other than my own which is why I said it was already discussed at length and I remember having this same exact conversation.

I just find it odd that you single out my statement, when there are plenty in this thread and others that have been discussed many, many times and you've ignored them.

Any reason for that?

(10-27-2018, 01:13 PM)irukandji Wrote:

I just find it odd that you single out my statement, when there are plenty in this thread that have been discussed many, many times that you've ignored.

Any reason for that?

Yours is the only one I singled out today. I've called out several other discussions that kept coming up with the same things said over and over again before.

For instance, I talked about the confrontation at the Spice Shop and who was the true aggressor in that scene. I finally said we've discussed it in the same way several times over as a response to another poster.

(10-27-2018, 01:23 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(10-27-2018, 01:13 PM)irukandji Wrote:

I just find it odd that you single out my statement, when there are plenty in this thread that have been discussed many, many times that you've ignored.

Any reason for that?

Yours is the only one I singled out today. I've called out several other discussions that kept coming up with the same things said over and over again before.

For instance, I talked about the confrontation at Spice Shop and who was true aggressor in that scene. I finally said we've discussed in the same way several times over as response to another poster.

Yeah, I saw that and I wondered why. You don't really think that Brandon is under the impression this has never been discussed before do you? And you certainly can't think I haven't discussed it before.

Why not single out the topic as being discussed before? After all, it's the same old Adalind versus Eve debate, it's just been freshened up by adding that they were both witches.

But even if you did that, I don't see the point. So what if it's been discussed a thousand times? No one's writing a thesis based on this topic, and we're not sending it out on the next NASA probe mission as a good will statement to aliens. It's just a discussion, nothing more.

Within the realm of the forum, however, can this topic be even objectively discussed? We don't know what Nick's specifications were for a partner, wife, or doormat. We don't have any idea of how Nick and Adalind's live in arrangements panned out for those 20 years. We don't know what Eve thinks of the whole "life with Nick", whether she'd be repulsed by it or give it a go.

It's not really just a topic about who's better suited to a life with Nick. It's also about which woman really wants to endure a life with Nick. In his own way, he's not all that different from Renard as far as the fairer sex is concerned.