Grimm Forum
which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? (/Thread-which-witch-was-better-suited-to-a-life-with-Nick)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - brandon - 10-18-2018

I think your experience- Monroe and Rosalee- could be based on what they told you,what happened to another Wesen.
Something usual in several movies, is about a woman who lives alone in her house,and all the children believe that she is a witch and they do not approach her.
Until juliette mentions about a man from the neighborhood where she grew up,who thought he was an ogre.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - eric - 10-18-2018

We saw Adeline and her mom at the spice shop getting free supplies because they were hexs. Few business people give product away for free without a good reason--fear of a spell or curse is probably a good one.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - brandon - 10-18-2018

Not free, I think do discount.
That seemed to demand Catherine.
I think the " Hexenbiest" would have the herbs in their houses or cultivate them,sometimes if they would have to go buy them.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - Hell Rell - 10-18-2018

(10-18-2018, 04:24 AM)irukandji Wrote: It seemed to me that Monroe and Rosalee were the most grounded among the characters. Monroe admitted that grimms were a childhood fear, yet he seemed to have no fear of Nick, and he knew he was a grimm right away. He also knew of grimms because his family had direct encounters with them.

But if he never encountered a hexenbiest, why the fear? I wonder if because the hexenbiest is part of human culture, maybe Monroe and Rosalee's outlook is partly based on human culture which often personfies witches on media like movies and television.

There's probably quite a bit of truth here as it regards to their outlook towards Hexenbiests. Witches are probably looked at as universally dangerous amongst humans and wesen alike.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - irukandji - 10-20-2018

(10-18-2018, 06:50 AM)eric Wrote: We saw Adeline and her mom at the spice shop getting free supplies because they were hexs. Few business people give product away for free without a good reason--fear of a spell or curse is probably a good one.

Actually, Catherine did pay for the supply she needed, she just didn't pay the original price that Rosalee quoted. Catherine also threatened Rosalee by woging so both Rosalee and Monroe saw her transformation.

If I read the script correctly, Monroe came close to ripping her throat out. Not only that, but he and Rosalee had no problem working with Elizabeth. It makes me wonder why he and Rosalee were so freaked out over Juliette's admission that she was a hexenbiest.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - N_grimm - 10-20-2018

As I have argued in many posts, it was Juliette’s behavior as a Hexenbiest that was the problem. Hexenbiests was feared in the Wesen- community. Monroe and Roselee however, was much more “tolerant” than the average Wesen. Their attitudes were not dominated by prejudice in society, but how people, Wesen and Grimms behaved. By the way, this was the whole point of the "Tribunal" episode.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - brandon - 10-20-2018

I think Monroe said it because it annoyed Rosalee and she liked that he said it.
It was Monroe who objected to Elizabeth to do the spell in the spice shop.
He also does not like to enter the dragon's lair without a plan.
I think it's natural to be scared of Juliette's change,I mean those shocks when he throws the box.Who would not do it instead?
There are times when one can not judge such a situation because it has never happened to him.
Rosalee also recoiled when she saw that Nick was a "GRIMM".(season 1)

(10-20-2018, 06:08 AM)brandon Wrote: I think it's natural to be scared of Juliette's change,I mean those shocks when he throws the box.Who would not do it instead?

Catherine comes into the shop to get her potion ingredient, and when she hears the price she woges and threatens Rosalee. Rosalee reduces the price and she leaves. It's clear Rosalee is not really all that disturbed over Catherine being a hexenbiest because she calls her a cheapskate. Monroe threatens to rip her throat out.

Juliette comes into the spice shop, clearly upset, but not threatening. Nick soon arrives and forces her to admit to Monroe and Rosalee that she's a hexenbiest. Not long after Juliette leaves. Both are clearly disturbed that Juliette is a hexenbiest. When I say they are disturbed, I'm not talking about being disturbed over their friend's condition, but clearly being shaken and showing fear that she's a "freaking hexenbiest".

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - brandon - 10-20-2018

Juliette's behavior in the spice shop was typical of the children:make a tantrum.

(10-20-2018, 09:01 AM)brandon Wrote: Juliette's behavior in the spice shop was typical of the children:make a tantrum.

You mean when she first broke the news that she was a hexenbiest?