Grimm Forum
which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? (/Thread-which-witch-was-better-suited-to-a-life-with-Nick)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - brandon - 10-16-2018

Egocentricity was also not answering the phone,being close to the house.
Of course, she was the only one who suffered and nobody could understand- irony-

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - irukandji - 10-16-2018

(10-16-2018, 04:02 AM)brandon Wrote: If I would say that there is a moment of egocentricity in juliette.
When she does "Woge" before Nick and he avoids looking at her. And the only thing she thinks about is in herself, not in Nick's feelings.
She never thinks that Nick could feel guilty.
Nor that the others were not perfect, they wanted to help her.

I actually can see this and would like to add a some things to it. It's a given that hexenbiests are not a beloved species in the wesen world. That's obvious from both Monroe's and Rosalee's reactions to Juliette's hexenbiest. It's also obvious they are not a beloved species as far as grimms are concerned, even for the different grimm, Nick.

It would not make a lot of sense for hexenbiests to be receptive to help or even friendship. That kind of thing could end up getting them killed, as they are naturally repulsive to both grimm and wesen.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - FaceInTheCrowd - 10-16-2018

Initially, Juliette herself would be repulsed by her own transformation. She own experience with hexenbiests wasn't exactly conducive to a positive outlook on life as one.

With regard to the original question, the life Nick was living - or perhaps it would be more accurate to say the lives Nick was living - were inherently unsustainable, which was illustrated by how many times everything changed for him. So at various times the old Juliette or the new Adalind would have been either the best or worst partners he could have had. I think it would be harder to make a case for the old Adalind, hexenbiest Juliette or Eve, but who knows what might have happened in that 20 year gap we never saw?

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - brandon - 10-17-2018

The ogre also has a bad fame.
I would compare with dogs.
If a dog bites you, you will avoid going through where there is one.
There are very aggressive dogs that bark at anyone who goes down the street,you do not know if the dog is not going to bite.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - irukandji - 10-17-2018

(10-16-2018, 02:33 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Initially, Juliette herself would be repulsed by her own transformation. She own experience with hexenbiests wasn't exactly conducive to a positive outlook on life as one.

This is a very good point, one I hadn't considered. It could very easily explain the reason why she became Eve and is repulsed by Juliette.

(10-17-2018, 04:53 AM)brandon Wrote: The ogre also has a bad fame.
I would compare with dogs.
If a dog bites you, you will avoid going through where there is one.
There are very aggressive dogs that bark at anyone who goes down the street,you do not know if the dog is not going to bite.

In order to know if a dog is aggressive or not, a person has to have an encounter with it. I can watch what I believe is an aggressive dog on television or look at one in a picture, but since I have not encountered the dog, my beliefs are not really of substance.

That said, do you think Monroe and Rosalee have had a direct encounter with a hexenbiest in the past? If not, do their species have a natural aversion to hexenbiests? Or did they simply look at Nick's diaries and base their reaction to Juliette on what they read?

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - brandon - 10-17-2018

I would say that they know about these " Hexenbiest" for their families.
Just as they were told about the " GRIMM".
Sure there would be some story about them but Monroe only shows about "GRIMM".
Monroe said Nick an anecdote about what happened to a neighbor by an ogre.
About dogs you can not tell which one just barks and which one could bite you.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - Hell Rell - 10-17-2018

(10-17-2018, 01:50 PM)irukandji Wrote: In order to know if a dog is aggressive or not, a person has to have an encounter with it. I can watch what I believe is an aggressive dog on television or look at one in a picture, but since I have not encountered the dog, my beliefs are not really of substance.

That said, do you think Monroe and Rosalee have had a direct encounter with a hexenbiest in the past? If not, do their species have a natural aversion to hexenbiests? Or did they simply look at Nick's diaries and base their reaction to Juliette on what they read?

I don't think they had past encounters with Hexenbiests but I do think they already had an aversion to them independent of Nick's diaries. Hexenbiests are infamous in the wesen world and are feared maybe as much as Grimms are. Nick's diaries would've confirmed what they already believed.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - FaceInTheCrowd - 10-17-2018

Most of the information in the Grimm books seemed to be pretty common knowledge to Monroe, Rosalee and even Bud, although they often had different perspectives on it. When it came to hexenbiests, theirs seemed to be much worse than what Nick got from the book.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - dicappatore - 10-17-2018

Does it matter much what they read in the Grimm books or what was told by the Wesen community to themselves? We saw, first hand, the experiences Monroe and Rosalee had with the Shades Hexs Adalind and Catherine. Both of their experiences were not pleasant.

Elisabeth was different but they were still, somewhat reprehensibly of her. Given what we saw and add in what the Wesen community knew about them. They were feared more by that community, since they knew, they existed.

RE: which witch was better suited to a life with Nick? - irukandji - 10-18-2018

(10-17-2018, 04:01 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: I don't think they had past encounters with Hexenbiests but I do think they already had an aversion to them independent of Nick's diaries. Hexenbiests are infamous in the wesen world and are feared maybe as much as Grimms are. Nick's diaries would've confirmed what they already believed.

(10-17-2018, 04:07 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Most of the information in the Grimm books seemed to be pretty common knowledge to Monroe, Rosalee and even Bud, although they often had different perspectives on it. When it came to hexenbiests, theirs seemed to be much worse than what Nick got from the book.

It seemed to me that Monroe and Rosalee were the most grounded among the characters. Monroe admitted that grimms were a childhood fear, yet he seemed to have no fear of Nick, and he knew he was a grimm right away. He also knew of grimms because his family had direct encounters with them.

But if he never encountered a hexenbiest, why the fear? I wonder if because the hexenbiest is part of human culture, maybe Monroe and Rosalee's outlook is partly based on human culture which often personfies witches on media like movies and television.