Grimm Forum
If Wesen came out... - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: If Wesen came out... (/Thread-If-Wesen-came-out)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: If Wesen came out... - eric - 03-13-2018

(03-12-2018, 08:00 AM)eric Wrote: I am sure that some of the real writers for GRIMM come to this forum to hear persons debating their ideas and plots. Most who write for a living want to see how others react and appreciate their 6 years of work. They probably wish they could write like Shakespeare or Poe. I am also sure they say things like "damm, I suggested that and got shot down" or "why didn't we cover that issue with at least by one line of dialogue?". A fantasy show is an unreal story about unreal people, whose conflicts should make sense. Let's not beat up each other over "unbelievable" or "dumb" ideas.
I did NOT mean to suggest that they got plot lines or came to this forum to get ideas from non-professionals about future stories. Most of my words were past tense. I assume ideas and plot lines were hashed out in the summer, scripts written and shows shot before the season opened. For example, the whole "Juliette is dead and gone", "Renard will be a ghost" were ideas from the viewers on this forum, not the writers. I have known several "writers" working on what they hoped would be great novels as well as working writers for papers and short stories--they all wanted feed back on how good their work was. I meant that the Grimm writers probably came to this forum, and others, for validation of their writing and ideas. We all look for praise and helpful criticism, writers more than most. It is easy to complain how the show developed, but let's not forget, Grimm lasted longer than most series.

RE: If Wesen came out... - brandon - 03-13-2018

Because their stories were excellent for me.I do not think it's important to be a writer and sell all novels and neither is a writer a god

RE: If Wesen came out... - irukandji - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 07:02 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I don't think Eric was being literal when he talked about writers checking the forum.

Here's what was written:

Quote:I am sure that some of the real writers for GRIMM come to this forum to hear persons debating their ideas and plots. Most who write for a living want to see how others react and appreciate their 6 years of work.

Reads pretty literal to me.

RE: If Wesen came out... - Hell Rell - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 02:00 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 07:02 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I don't think Eric was being literal when he talked about writers checking the forum.

Here's what was written:

Quote:I am sure that some of the real writers for GRIMM come to this forum to hear persons debating their ideas and plots. Most who write for a living want to see how others react and appreciate their 6 years of work.

That screamed sarcasm to me but I guess he can speak for himself. He made another comment in another thread today that I thought was sarcastic that was taken seriously but I admit I could be way off. It was about Nick laundering money to pay for the land the trailer was on.

RE: If Wesen came out... - eric - 03-13-2018

(03-13-2018, 03:25 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:

Here's what was written:

That screamed sarcasm to me but I guess he can speak for himself. He made another comment in another thread today that I thought was sarcastic that was taken seriously but I admit I could be way off. It was about Nick laundering money to pay for the land the trailer was on.
I did not say they came to get ideas, I said they might come to see what others thought of their ideas and efforts, like most us who come here. No sarcasm planned.

RE: If Wesen came out... - irukandji - 03-17-2018

(03-12-2018, 06:27 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: But what about the people living on Germany? Would they know about wesen?

I don't know why not, Adriano. This great question raises some questions in my mind.

For one, how far should we (or anyone) for that matter go in revealing our true natures or hidden thoughts? Was it possible to tell the German people that there were people living among them who were different and leave it at that? Is it possible to work alongside someone, even become their friend, and not have to know that they can morph into part scorpion at a moment's notice? What possible benefit would there be to knowing said person is a Manticore?

RE: If Wesen came out... - dicappatore - 03-17-2018

Here's what was written:

HR, sarcasm is an art form. Some, can stare at it all day. They just don't get it.

RE: If Wesen came out... - irukandji - 03-17-2018

(03-17-2018, 09:46 AM)dicappatore Wrote:

Here's what was written:

HR, sarcasm is an art form. Some, can stare at it all day. They just don't get it.

Apparently someone didn't bother reading post #75.