Grimm Forum
Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? (/Thread-Why-didn-t-Nick-let-Juliette-go)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - dicappatore - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 03:47 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Nick should either have let Juliette go or he should have told her everything that was happening to him as it was happening, so that she could make an informed choice about whether to go or to better equip herself to deal with what was going on. I don't know which he should have done (although obviously if Juliette was supposed to be in the series it would have had to be the latter), but what he did do was definitely not the right thing.

Well, he did try to tell her before season 2 and how far did that get him? Just before she passed out, she was ridiculing him, calling him insane and walked out of him while he was trying to ex[plain the trailer decor. A small fact some seem to forget that when she became a Hex, it was actually the second time she walked out on him but the second time it was permanent. When he finally did get through her thick skull, she went full speed ahead. Then came her turn to keep secrets.

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-24-2018

Yes, he waited too long. I'm talking about that first night when Juliette came into the trailer when he was looking at some of the books. That was when he should have said something like, "Aunt Marie told me this incredible story that sounds really crazy, but it seems to explain some weird things I've been seeing." At that point, Aunt Marie was still alive and Nick could have told her he wasn't keeping any secrets from Juliette and demanded she tell them both.

By waiting as long as he did, he created suspicion in Juliette's mind and ensured that his "crazy story" would be perceived as something he was making up to conceal something else. Like maybe an affair with another woman.

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - irukandji - 01-24-2018

Aunt Marie was so gung ho to get Juliette to leave, I wonder why she didn't say something to Juliette.

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-24-2018

I presume that what Marie thought was best was for Nick to cut his ties with Juliette and never tell her anything. Marie was probably never the best person to ask for advice about personal relationships.

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - irukandji - 01-26-2018

I wonder what she'd have done if Nick had told her to mind her own business. Would she have taken the trailer and driven off in a huff?

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - brandon - 01-26-2018

She says it was the curse of the family.If she could, she would have chosen it?
I think nick does not

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - irukandji - 01-27-2018

(01-26-2018, 07:20 AM)brandon Wrote: She says it was the curse of the family.If she could, she would have chosen it?
I think nick does not

Because it's a misfortune to Marie, does she have the right to state it's a misfortune for Nick as well?

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - Hell Rell - 01-27-2018

I think Marie would think something that is a misfortune to her would be the same to Nick as well. I don't think that's bad reasoning at all and she has more of a right to say that to him than anyone else. She's been a Grimm for decades and she probably believes Nick isn't quite ready for it but it's something he's going to have to live it. After all, she didn't tell him not to be a Grimm.

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - syscrash - 01-27-2018

Looking at it from Mari's perspective. Being a Grimm she lost her dad. Her sister was on the run. She had to give up the guy she was planning to marry. Yes the sow does not directly attribute these things to being a Grimm. In fact it never really states how her parents died. It also never explains exactly why she broke of her engagement. But if these things where true it would support the reason why she feels the way she does.

But you compare this to Kelly, who seemed to embrace who and what see was. Rolex rejected being a Grimm but did not seem to regret it. From what we saw he seemed to find a way to have a none eventful life. I did not get the impression that Josh lived a life of always being in danger. It seemed like the veratte attack was the first attack he had ever experienced. Now compare this to Trubels life which seemed to be one attack after another even though she was not out looking for trouble like Nick does as a cop.

Someone asked a question on a previous post. Why do Grimms hunt wesen. In the past I suggested it was villages sought them out to handle the unexplained. But what would motivate a modern day Grimm. What motivated Mari after raising Nick to go back to being a Grimm. That is assuming Mari did go back to being a Grimm. WE don't know that she did. Her activities after raising Nick may have all been driven by the reputation she had developed. It may have been wesen retaliating for things done to other family members.

The show is very ambiguous when it comes to explaining motivation or the psychology, or beliefs of the characters. I think that is what drives a lot of the inferences, people trying to understand the character. I will admit the writers could have done better on character development. Sure would have cut down on a lot of the speculation. But then G&K seem to like creating a platform that lends itself to foster the creating of fan fiction. Even watching the interviews G&K seem to like to let the viewer define the show they way the viewer wants to see it. G&K never answer a question in the definitive. They always frame the acknowledgement of a question in the frame work of it being a possible theory. That is why I find it interesting when people take this ambiguity as factual writer intent.

RE: Why didn't Nick let Juliette go? - brandon - 01-27-2018

I think
1) Marie gave up her own happiness by taking care of her nephew.
2) Wanted to protect him from seeing a Wesen. She knew that a person can react badly to something like that. He was a boy human.