Grimm Forum
Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm (/Thread-Who-is-the-worst-most-corrupt-cop-on-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - irukandji - 01-03-2018

(01-03-2018, 05:16 PM)izzy Wrote: In my view, either you support the rule of law for all people (and judging by the "for the religious" thread there is not anyone who does to consider wesen the equivalent of humans, except maybe me) or you believe the rule of applies to some people and not others based on some concrete criteria.

This wouldn't make a bad topic for a thread, izzy. Thinking about my comments, I was among those who think wesen are less than human. I guess I have to say I blame it on the series because even the series puts them in a lower category. Of course one of my pet peeves with the series is treatment of humans. It seems only the grimms win out in this one.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - eric - 01-03-2018

(01-03-2018, 05:06 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 04:21 PM)eric Wrote: Almost all TV shows and movies are not real, they are fantasy. This especially the case for Grimm. In the setting of Grimm land, is Nick corrupt? NO. In the real world, YES. When you watch a show or movie or see a play, to enjoy them you have to "suspend disbelief". Do the actors act in their fantasy world in a way that is fantasy believable? Most cop shows solve their crimes within a 24 hour period, using DNA which in reality is almost never processed that fast--do any viewers complain? Almost never. Doctor/hospital shows have lots of sex and really fast test results--any complaints? Except from real doctors and nurses? Rogue cops in the real world exist, but most do not claim they were dealing with mythical creatures that rip out people's throats.

eric, if this is the case, then why is Renard labeled as corrupt then?

(01-03-2018, 02:01 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: All of Nick's kills except for Kenneth and the BC cops and agents were framed within Nick performing cop duties and Grimm by extension. He never went after anyone unprovoked.The video, should it ever exist, will never be taken at face value.

You could be right, but I have a feeling that since the wesen was dead, there would be a lot of attention to the premises because it would be up to Nick to call for assistance.

It's not only Kenneith and the BC cops but the royals as well. Nick had no business going out to the compound and murdering people.
Nick is not judged corrupt because in Grimm fantasy world because it is natural for Grimms to hunt wessen. In both Grimm world and real world police protecting fight to the death clubs are corrupt.

(01-03-2018, 05:36 PM)eric Wrote: Nick is not judged corrupt because in Grimm fantasy world because it is natural for Grimms to hunt wessen. In both Grimm world and real world police protecting fight to the death clubs are corrupt.

Is he a grimm or is he a law enforcement officer? Last time I looked it appeared he couldn't make up his mind.

(01-03-2018, 05:16 PM)izzy Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 11:27 AM)irukandji Wrote: It'd be interesting to see how Nick's antics would be viewed if someone or perhaps some people just happened to catch him on their cell phones.

I think it would be more interesting to see the reactions of the folks abiding Nick's behavior if you had very similar crimes committed by people who were LGBT or illegal aliens. What if instead of BC we substituted LaRaza and they were attempting to force all people who are Hispanic business owners to join them and uprising against the gringos or they would burn their shops, beat them, and make examples of them?

Or what about Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) gangs? I don't think there is much a wesen could do to human that is worse than what MS-13 has done to people. So how would it be if Nick simply suspended the rule of law for MS-13 members.

Or what if Nick had finely tuned gaydar and could detect homosexuals who committed heinous crimes...

Better yet what if Nick could detect Muslims and simply went around violating the rights of terrorists? He could kick in the doors of mosques and dispatch some justice to the radicalized. Heck no need for warrants or trials, the guy had a prayer rug and bought some fertilizer and Nick heard him talking. Or that kid, Ahmed Mohamed...with that clock? Come on Truble let's go visit him.

In my view, either you support the rule of law for all people (and judging by the "for the religious" thread there is not anyone who does to consider wesen the equivalent of humans, except maybe me) or you believe the rule of applies to some people and not others based on some concrete criteria. Fortunately in Grimm we know that we have a Solomon like sage in the form of Nick making the determination on the fly in a fit of passion.
If any member of these groups were/are killing etc in the real world, almost everyone would want them tried and punished. In Grimm Nick does not bother all wessen, only ones who are killing, etc. Nick did not attack all bauerschwein, just those killing by arson or poison. It is not a crime to be a Muslim buying fertilizer(at least the last time I checked) but it is illegal for any kind of terrorist to plan to build a bomb to kill.

(01-03-2018, 05:16 PM)izzy Wrote: Better yet what if Nick could detect Muslims and simply went around violating the rights of terrorists? He could kick in the doors of mosques and dispatch some justice to the radicalized. Heck no need for warrants or trials, the guy had a prayer rug and bought some fertilizer and Nick heard him talking. Or that kid, Ahmed Mohamed...with that clock? Come on Truble let's go visit him.

Or how about a reverse scenario, where Nick judges a wesen innocent and lets her/him go, only to find out later said wesen is a terrorist or serial killer?

(01-03-2018, 05:46 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 05:36 PM)eric Wrote: Nick is not judged corrupt because in Grimm fantasy world because it is natural for Grimms to hunt wessen. In both Grimm world and real world police protecting fight to the death clubs are corrupt.

Is he a grimm or is he a law enforcement officer? Last time I looked it appeared he couldn't make up his mind.
As far as I saw in the show, he was both. He tried to arrest wessen and bring them to regular justice, sometimes he had to Grimm it. See Monroe and Rosalee begging him to be a Grimm.

(01-03-2018, 06:51 PM)eric Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 05:46 PM)irukandji Wrote:

As far as I saw in the show, he was both. He tried to arrest wessen and bring them to regular justice, sometimes he had to Grimm it. See Monroe and Rosalee begging him to be a Grimm.

He can't serve two masters, eric. If he's a grimm, the he willingly goes against everything he's vowed to do as a law enforcement officer. If he's a law enforcement officer, then he has to scrap everything he does as a grimm. By doing both, he's not only an affront to law enforcement, he's a hypocrite.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - izzy - 01-03-2018

(01-03-2018, 06:03 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 05:16 PM)izzy Wrote: Better yet what if Nick could detect Muslims and simply went around violating the rights of terrorists? He could kick in the doors of mosques and dispatch some justice to the radicalized. Heck no need for warrants or trials, the guy had a prayer rug and bought some fertilizer and Nick heard him talking. Or that kid, Ahmed Mohamed...with that clock? Come on Truble let's go visit him.

Or how about a reverse scenario, where Nick judges a wesen innocent and lets her/him go, only to find out later said wesen is a terrorist or serial killer?

If Nick found a serial killer he would likely recruit them to assist him. It takes a rare type of demented and insidious soul to murder as many people as Nick has and not bat an eye. Likely if he found a kindred spirit, like he did in Truble, he would recruit them into the fold.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - rpmaluki - 01-04-2018

(01-03-2018, 11:11 PM)izzy Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 06:03 PM)irukandji Wrote:

If Nick found a serial killer he would likely recruit them to assist him. It takes a rare type of demented and insidious soul to murder as many people as Nick has and not bat an eye. Likely if he found a kindred spirit, like he did in Truble, he would recruit them into the fold.
I don't think so

I think your ignoring the premise of the show Grimm. As others have said it's a fantasy world, originally based on fairytales. In fairytales, there were these huntsmen who killed the big bad wolves and the witches etc because they terrorised the helpless folks. The show gave them a name, like in some fairytales, they even worked for Royals at some stage. What this show did was translation all of that to the "real" world instead of fairytales. You're looking at Nick as though he exists in our world. He doesn't. His world is vastly different to ours because of the existence of wesen.

By our standards, in a non fictitious world, Nick does qualify as a killer but I don't think serial killer applies to Nick in the truest sense. Just as police officers in real life are killers when forced to take a life by those same criminals that force their hand and continue to endanger lives. For the majority of times, Nick acted no differently, except with Kenneth.

A serial killer is rather hyperbolic when describing his character. He didn't wander around until he came across his victims, he tried arresting criminals who'd committed crimes and he only ever killed them them when he had no other choice and still needed to stop them. These wesen weren't people minding their business, they had/were committing heinous crimes and had to be stopped. His first approach was always to arrest them.

In his world, not even by the standard of his own people, who were known to kill indiscriminately was Nick a killer of wesen and nothing else. Not every wesen Nick faced ended up dead. he did manage to arrest quite a good numbers them.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - Robyn - 01-04-2018

Early on I considered Nick, as well as Hank & Wu, bad cops because I saw Nick as a cop who became a Grimm and was loyal to being a Grimm first. But later I realized the show presented Nick as a Grimm who happen to be a cop. Nick became a Grimm within minutes of being introduced as a human modern day detective. We didn’t see Nick without the Grimm influence other than a brief glimpse of him buying an engagement ring and excited about proposing. After that, the show thrust Nick completely into the Grimm/Wesen world.

The reality is that the show was about Nick, the Grimm not Nick, the detective who was a Grimm during his off time. Beginning with the first episode, a Wesen was the culprit in every case Nick & Hank had. Even before Hank new about the Grimm/Wesen world, they were presented as a Grimm and his partner rather that two detectives investigating cases.

So while I would have preferred the show not make Nick a detective when it had no intentions of exploring the police side of his life & experiences, I understand that G & K were presenting their story of a Grimm who happen to be a detective in Portland. And that they didn’t want to bog down their storytelling by even having the human cops, Hank and Wu, struggle over the blurred lines between Grimm law and human law made the show look even more disrespectful to law enforcement. But I still don’t think they intended to be disrespectful. I just don’t think they gave much consideration to the human law side of the equation other than it providing a source of information in Nick’s Wesen cases.

Grimm was never about exploring the bigger picture, blurred lines, or the concept of right and wrong. It was a collection of cool action stories about a Grimm battling evil Wesen. Period. And when a storyline occasionally appeared to offer a deeper element, those references dissipated once the storyline didn’t need them.