Grimm Forum
Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm (/Thread-Who-is-the-worst-most-corrupt-cop-on-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - irukandji - 01-17-2018

(01-17-2018, 06:46 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 10:20 PM)irukandji Wrote: Wasn't the tree attacking those who were causing harm to the forest though? If they were involved in investigating the disappearances, it would be unlikely the tree would attack them.

IIRC, the tree would have attacked and/or killed hikers/campers if they left their trash on the ground. Although the tree was protecting the forest, police wouldn’t have accepted deadly retaliation even if both parties were human. Nick, as law enforcement and Grimm, reacted to the tree’s extreme response, not it’s personal position on the environment. Are you suggesting that because the tree’s method of protecting the environment represents it’s Wesen culture/heritage, Nick shouldn’t have interfered with natural procession?

No, I'm not suggesting that the tree's method of protecting the environment represents its wesen culture/heritage. You asked how Nick and Hank would have written up their attack by a tree. I'm saying there wouldn't be an attack upon Nick or Hank because they wouldn't be ruining the environment. They would be conducting an investigation.

If the tree attacked littering hikers or bicyclists, that's going to be reported as a missing person case. They're not going to find the bodies because the tree would hide them. The only thing Nick and company might find are the hikers' belongings, if they happened to leave them somewhere or a bicycle. But belongings and a bicycle could be anywhere in the forest and not necessarily within the vicinity of the killer tree.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-17-2018

If the kinoshimobe killed people for littering, there would have been hikers' belongings strewn all around the forest. So either people had to be doing something a lot more destructive than littering to be attacked, or the kinoshimobe had over time come to realize that Oregon Forestry Department litter cleanup volunteers would be coming through to pick the stuff up before too long.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - dicappatore - 01-17-2018

(01-17-2018, 06:01 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: If the kinoshimobe killed people for littering, there would have been hikers' belongings strewn all around the forest. So either people had to be doing something a lot more destructive than littering to be attacked, or the kinoshimobe had over time come to realize that Oregon Forestry Department litter cleanup volunteers would be coming through to pick the stuff up before too long.

Sounds accurate to me. I am pretty sure the people the tree attacked were doing a bit more than just littering, as I remember it.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - Robyn - 01-18-2018

(01-17-2018, 05:44 PM)irukandji Wrote: No, I'm not suggesting that the tree's method of protecting the environment represents its wesen culture/heritage. You asked how Nick and Hank would have written up their attack by a tree. I'm saying there wouldn't be an attack upon Nick or Hank because they wouldn't be ruining the environment. They would be conducting an investigation.

If the tree attacked littering hikers or bicyclists, that's going to be reported as a missing person case. They're not going to find the bodies because the tree would hide them. The only thing Nick and company might find are the hikers' belongings, if they happened to leave them somewhere or a bicycle. But belongings and a bicycle could be anywhere in the forest and not necessarily within the vicinity of the killer tree.
Okay. If Nick had not been a Grimm, he & Hank would have concluded that without a body or other evidence of a murder it was a missing person case not a homicide. But, had Nick not been a Grimm and able to see what was actually happening, the tree would have continued killing whether because of littering, the disposal of dangerous chemical waste, or other negative effects on the land/environment. I was disappointed in how the overall episode played out, but didn’t doubt Nick only killed the tree in order to prevent future deaths.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - irukandji - 01-20-2018

(01-17-2018, 08:10 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: In the days before BC assassinated the Wesen Council, a wesen cop would probably have done what Renard did in the case of the wesen bank robbers and reported a killer wesen who couldn't be arrested and tried in the kehrseite system to the council. And there'd be an unsolved case of a criminal who died under odd circumstances that wouldn't get a huge amount if attention because anyone who knew the person would know it was the work of the council and not cooperate with an investigation or make noise when police failed to find the killer.

Would the wesen cop even bother writing up a report then? It would seem that the matter would be out of his/her hands so no report would be written.

(01-18-2018, 05:52 AM)Robyn Wrote: Okay. If Nick had not been a Grimm, he & Hank would have concluded that without a body or other evidence of a murder it was a missing person case not a homicide. But, had Nick not been a Grimm and able to see what was actually happening, the tree would have continued killing whether because of littering, the disposal of dangerous chemical waste, or other negative effects on the land/environment. I was disappointed in how the overall episode played out, but didn’t doubt Nick only killed the tree in order to prevent future deaths.

Reading this raised another question in my mind. Would the kinoshimobe considered an intelligent creature in line with humans and wesen?

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - Robyn - 01-20-2018

(01-20-2018, 07:49 AM)irukandji Wrote: Reading this raised another question in my mind. Would the kinoshimobe considered an intelligent creature in line with humans and wesen?
Probably considered in line with Wesen, but not humans. Your question reminded me of Nick being overcome with guilt after killing the guy in the bar and Renard challenging if he’d have the same remorse over unintentionally killing a Wesen.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-20-2018

Whether or not a report was written would probably depend on whether the cop had any interaction that would be noticed. Renard probably never wrote up any report about his actions in that case. A lot of cases probably would get reports like the first tim Hank wrote one up and left out certain details.

We don't know what the kinoshunibe's intellect was. We only know that Nick started out trying to communicate with it as if it was.

(01-20-2018, 08:54 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: We don't know what the kinoshunibe's intellect was. We only know that Nick started out trying to communicate with it as if it was.

The reason I asked is if it were on par with normal humans or wesen, then Nick's actions in trying to force the tree to attack so that he could kill could be viewed as a form of entrapment.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-20-2018

The first thing Nick did when the kinoshunibe made its appearance was try to talk to it. The only reason to talk to it rather then immediately shooting it with herbicide the moment it appeared would be if he was hoping to convince it to stop killing people. It's not as if he could have put it under arrest.

And you can never "force" anyone to attack you. If you attack first, then what the other party does is self defense.

(01-20-2018, 02:47 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: And you can never "force" anyone to attack you. If you attack first, then what the other party does is self defense.

Okay, call it entrapment then. Nick and company used what they knew about the kinoshimobe to entice it to attack. You can always look at it this way: If they hadn't been in the forest pouring liquids into the soil, the kinoshimobe would have never attacked them.

(01-20-2018, 02:47 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: The first thing Nick did when the kinoshunibe made its appearance was try to talk to it. The only reason to talk to it rather then immediately shooting it with herbicide the moment it appeared would be if he was hoping to convince it to stop killing people. It's not as if he could have put it under arrest.

If Nick tried to talk to the kinoshimobe, then he must have considered it to have the same type of understanding and intellect as a normal human or wesen. IMO.

(01-20-2018, 08:34 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 07:49 AM)irukandji Wrote: Reading this raised another question in my mind. Would the kinoshimobe considered an intelligent creature in line with humans and wesen?
Probably considered in line with Wesen, but not humans. Your question reminded me of Nick being overcome with guilt after killing the guy in the bar and Renard challenging if he’d have the same remorse over unintentionally killing a Wesen.

This is an interesting thought. Renard stating that to Nick seems to confirm that grimms consider themselves higher on the evolutionary scale than wesen.