Grimm Forum
Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm (/Thread-Who-is-the-worst-most-corrupt-cop-on-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - irukandji - 01-15-2018

(01-14-2018, 11:50 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Kehrseite needed grimms to recognize wesen (from the books, it seems that the existence of wesen was less of a secret in times past). The only wesen going around helping kehrseite with wesen problems were the verrat, and they only worked for the royals.

I meant currently. There weren't any normal humans hiring Nick to recognize wesen for them. Aside from that, normal humans wouldn't know a grimm from another normal human, unless the grimm communicated to them that he/she was a grimm.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-15-2018

Grimms would be valuable to any non-wesen who wanted to be able to identify wesen, which of course would have to be someone who knew about wesen. That was the resistance first, which from the meeting Renard attended was apparently mostly kehrseite, and then the federal govt through HW.

HW really put a whole new spin on things, though they never did much with it. Once we knew the US govt was aware of wesen and a part of a global effort to keep their existence secret from the general populace, even if Nick went full bore grimm, men in black would be working behind the scenes to clean up the bodies.

(01-15-2018, 10:45 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Grimms would be valuable to any non-wesen who wanted to be able to identify wesen, which of course would have to be someone who knew about wesen. That was the resistance first, which from the meeting Renard attended was apparently mostly kehrseite, and then the federal govt through HW.

Grimm would only be valuable to any non-wesen who didn't already have wesen on their side. If they had wesen on their side, which I believe was probably more of the case than not, then they didn't need grimms.

It stands to reason that humans worked alongside of wesen and no doubt made lasting friendships with them. I wonder then how many humans were appalled at a grimm entering the picture and wiping out wesen simply because they were wesen.

If we count the number of characters who expressed that view during Grimm's six seasons, it comes to none. But since we did see examples of wesen-kehrseite marriages, I will grant that there were almost certainly some out there.

We saw one wesen with the resistance (Ian Harmon, not counting Sean Renard here, because he was never really "with" anyone but himself) and one working with HW (Eve, not counting Monroe or any of the other scoobies, because none of them ever actually joined up).

On the other hand, we never saw normal humans calling out in desperation for the need for grimms either. If wesen were really ever a problem to the normal human element, the series never felt it a big enough problem for Nick to be called into service. Instead, he's tasked with saving the good wesen.

Aunt Marie's missive to him was "hunt down the bad ones." As a cop, he would already be tasked with saving, and not necessarily only the "good" ones.

(01-15-2018, 02:26 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Aunt Marie's missive to him was "hunt down the bad ones." As a cop, he would already be tasked with saving, and not necessarily only the "good" ones.

Not necessarily. I've read posts where Nick was primarily a grimm. But in any case, normal humans did not demand a grimm to help defend them against wesen.

People expect police to protect them.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - Henry of green - 01-15-2018

How do you know what humans asked grimms to do or not, most humans don’t even know wesen exist in modern times and if they did there would be mass slaughter agianst innocent wesen. You really don’t have a clue about human nature if you think the humans would take the wesens side. It is in human nature to hate anything different than ourselves. There are countless stories about humans abusing wesen in past history in the show like the Egyptians forcing wesen to woge before mummifying them or humans burning hexenbiests at the stake. The Royals who are humans also forced wesen to fight for them in the past by using grimms as intimidation.

(01-15-2018, 03:05 PM)Henry of green Wrote: There are countless stories about humans abusing wesen in past history in the show like the Egyptians forcing wesen to woge before mummifying them or humans burning hexenbiests at the stake.

Fine. Show me proof in the series where humans are continuing to persecute wesen. You're big on canon. Tell me where that happened.