Grimm Forum
Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm (/Thread-Who-is-the-worst-most-corrupt-cop-on-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - irukandji - 01-10-2018

(01-10-2018, 03:08 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 05:33 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 05:05 AM)Robyn Wrote: At the end of the day it’s a fictional show about fictional characters living fictional lives that provides interesting and enjoyable debates, but not lessons in life.
But if this is the case, then why have discussions about such things as Adalind's redemption? Redemption is not a fictional concept. It is a lesson in life.
Any topic makes a viable discussion. I was only saying TV shows are aimed at entertaining viewers in order to promote advertising revenue, not life lessons. Episodes might have been introduced with parables, but they weren’t intended as the moral of a story viewers would take to heart.

The show’s intent wasn’t to establish a real life correlation between Adalind seeking redemption and having a better life or her unplanned pregnancy leading to a happy relationship. In the same way, anything Nick and the others did that contradicted expected police behavior wasn’t intended to deride law enforcement. It was simply what they were written to do in stories about a Grimm battling dangerous Wesen.

I think you misunderstood my point. I wasn't stating that Grimm was teaching life lessons. My point was that posters apply their own life lessons of redemption to Adalind's actions.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - Robyn - 01-10-2018

(01-10-2018, 03:44 PM)irukandji Wrote: I think you misunderstood my point. I wasn't stating that Grimm was teaching life lessons. My point was that posters apply their own life lessons of redemption to Adalind's actions.
Oh, well I guess we all do to some degree. The way I connect with my children is directly influenced by how my mother connected with me. In my case, a positive mother/child relationship prompts me to follow her footsteps. In the same way, my parents having a loving, family oriented relationship influenced my expectations of marriage and family.

I probably tend to do the same with a fictional character, relating to Adalind based on my personal experiences as a daughter/woman/wife/mother. But, there will be some disconnect between real life experiences and the life of a fantasy character. I can’t completely relate to Adalind as a Hexenbiest daughter/woman/wife/mother in the Grimm/Wesen world and might as well beat my head against the wall as try to force the character to fit my limited experiences.

And I think that holds true when discussing Nick as a cop. A real life cop can't relate to apprehending and cuffing an angry Blutbad as part of his/her routine day.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - dicappatore - 01-10-2018

(01-10-2018, 09:44 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 08:41 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 06:45 AM)Henry of green Wrote: No it was made to see who the majority of the fourm though was the most corrupt and most people seem to think it was Renard . You were right that Nick influenced Wu into corruption but wrong about Hank, as he stitched up stark the ogre for Murder long before meeting Nick, Hank was always willing to break the rules for the right cause

ROFLMAO. I am just trying to imagine what some of these viewers claiming Nick as the most corrupt think of "The Arrow"?

Oliver did nothing wrong! That's why he's the mayor. Mayors can't be corrupt.

Gees, your reply will be giving some a Linda Blair Moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO9FD7zI7k0

(01-10-2018, 04:19 PM)Robyn Wrote: Oh, well I guess we all do to some degree. The way I connect with my children is directly influenced by how my mother connected with me. In my case, a positive mother/child relationship prompts me to follow her footsteps. In the same way, my parents having a loving, family oriented relationship influenced my expectations of marriage and family.

I probably tend to do the same with a fictional character, relating to Adalind based on my personal experiences as a daughter/woman/wife/mother.

Exactly, Robyn! My view of Nick comes from life experiences. I was influenced by how my father represented our men in blue. He took his oath seriously, and taught us that when we give our word, it should never ever be a case of lip service. He didn't shirk his duties and retired with honor.

(01-10-2018, 04:19 PM)Robyn Wrote: But, there will be some disconnect between real life experiences and the life of a fantasy character. I can’t completely relate to Adalind as a Hexenbiest daughter/woman/wife/mother in the Grimm/Wesen world and might as well beat my head against the wall as try to force the character to fit my limited experiences.

And I think that holds true when discussing Nick as a cop. A real life cop can't relate to apprehending and cuffing an angry Blutbad as part of his/her routine day.

Actually, they can, in many ways. I know this from the many life experiences my father had. That's why it's asinine to me that hardened cops like Hank or Wu would want to check themselves into a mental hospital after seeing a wesen.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - Hell Rell - 01-10-2018

(01-10-2018, 09:44 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: We need a Chidi. This would be a great thing to delve into on The Good Place.
Oh, yea, The Good Place is about how one lives their life determines their afterlife. I hadn’t even thought about that. And I love the show! Are there any forums for the show?

I can start one here but I'm not completely caught up. I still have a few episodes to go and I would rather binge on the second half of the season. I thought of TGP when you were talking about motivations instead of just outcomes and it immediately made me think of Chidi and Tahani.

(01-10-2018, 04:50 PM)dicappatore Wrote: ROFLMAO. I am just trying to imagine what some of these viewers claiming Nick as the most corrupt think of "The Arrow"?

Quote:Oliver did nothing wrong! That's why he's the mayor. Mayors can't be corrupt.

Quote:Gees, your reply will be giving some a Linda Blair Moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO9FD7zI7k0
[/quote][/quote]

Besides, the guy who did all that killing was The Hood/Arrow. This is the Green Arrow, two completely different people. They just look the same, sound the same, and dress the same while being expert archers. They already nailed that murderer, Roy Harper.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - Robyn - 01-10-2018

(01-10-2018, 05:03 PM)irukandji Wrote: Exactly, Robyn! My view of Nick comes from life experiences. I was influenced by how my father represented our men in blue. He took his oath seriously, and taught us that when we give our word, it should never ever be a case of lip service. He didn't shirk his duties and retired with honor.

Actually, they can, in many ways. I know this from the many life experiences my father had. That's why it's asinine to me that hardened cops like Hank or Wu would want to check themselves into a mental hospital after seeing a wesen.

Wu checked himself into a hospital, believing his was having a mental breakdown. Hank, however, didn’t tell anyone what he’d seen and instead set up all night with, IIRC, a shotgun. Two experienced police officers reacted differently to similar events.

Police officers running into a Wesen in woge would react the way Hank and Wu did initially. They wouldn’t be mentally or physically equipped to handle the situation. But law enforcement could learn to address Wesen crime with proper education and training. And although Nick could have realistically requested Portland add a Wesen crime division, removing the Grimm vs. Wesen component wouldn’t be the show G & K created. The show wasn’t about conventional law enforcement handling Wesen crime, it was about a Grimm handling Wesen crime/threats.

And that was one of my earlier points, Nick may not be what a police officer should be in real life, but the show wasn’t about law enforcement investigating crime, it was about a Grimm investigating Wesen crime. So the central character wouldn’t ever live up to the expectations of real life law enforcement. He would, however, live up to the fictional expectations of a fictional Grimm.

(01-10-2018, 05:21 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 09:44 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: We need a Chidi. This would be a great thing to delve into on The Good Place.
Oh, yea, The Good Place is about how one lives their life determines their afterlife. I hadn’t even thought about that. And I love the show! Are there any forums for the show?
I can start one here but I'm not completely caught up. I still have a few episodes to go and I would rather binge on the second half of the season. I thought of TGP when you were talking about motivations instead of just outcomes and it immediately made me think of Chidi and Tahani.

We could make do with generalized conversation about the premise and how the characters were effected by their S1 exposure to the afterlife.

I also enjoy binge watching, and watch Netflix and Amazon Prime more than network and cable channels. Although, I’ve enjoyed The Good Place and Lethal Weapon enough that I look forward to watching episodes as they air. That doesn’t often happen for me

(01-10-2018, 06:43 PM)Robyn Wrote: And that was one of my earlier points, Nick may not be what a police officer should be in real life, but the show wasn’t about law enforcement investigating crime, it was about a Grimm investigating Wesen crime. So the central character wouldn’t ever live up to the expectations of real life law enforcement. He would, however, live up to the fictional expectations of a fictional Grimm.

And that is what makes him corrupt, even by the parameters of the series, Robyn. We know there were many other cops, and some of them were wesen. However, they followed orders and stuck to the parameters of law enforcement. We know that because wesen were not only brought in alive, but were serving time. We know the appropriate documentation was on file. It was only when Nick started in as a grimm that his reports were being fudged and suspects ended up dead.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - eric - 01-11-2018

(01-10-2018, 08:26 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 06:43 PM)Robyn Wrote: And that was one of my earlier points, Nick may not be what a police officer should be in real life, but the show wasn’t about law enforcement investigating crime, it was about a Grimm investigating Wesen crime. So the central character wouldn’t ever live up to the expectations of real life law enforcement. He would, however, live up to the fictional expectations of a fictional Grimm.

And that is what makes him corrupt, even by the parameters of the series, Robyn. We know there were many other cops, and some of them were wesen. However, they followed orders and stuck to the parameters of law enforcement. We know that because wesen were not only brought in alive, but were serving time. We know the appropriate documentation was on file. It was only when Nick started in as a grimm that his reports were being fudged and suspects ended up dead.
They were not following orders and parameters when they set fires to cover murders, joined hate groups to kill lawfully married people, or took Nick to the NPP hoping to tear him apart. Unless they did a public woge, other wessen probably would know what they were.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - irukandji - 01-11-2018

(01-11-2018, 08:33 AM)eric Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 08:26 PM)irukandji Wrote:

They were not following orders and parameters when they set fires to cover murders, joined hate groups to kill lawfully married people, or took Nick to the NPP hoping to tear him apart. Unless they did a public woge, other wessen probably would know what they were.

All of the Portland PD set fires to cover murders and all of the Portland PD joined hate grous to kill lawfully married people, is that what you are saying?

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-11-2018

He appears to be saying that either all or a large portion of Portland's wesen cops were. We don't really know what percentage of wesen PPB officers joined BC. We only know that we never saw any who didn't.