Grimm Forum
Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm (/Thread-Who-is-the-worst-most-corrupt-cop-on-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - Henry of green - 12-31-2017

I think we can all admit that most of the cops on Grimm are corrupt in some way but who is the worst and most corrupt.

I think it’s clearly Renard as he profits from his corruption unlike Nick and hank who mostly just break the law in order to protect Portland from evil wesen with a few exceptions like the murder of Kenneth.

Renard on the other hand has been involved with various criminal rackets and money making schemes throughout the show. He has also actually ordered people murdered in his own precinct, people who were supposed to be under police protection, like poisoning Kimura in his cell. He has had people who don’t run his side rackets the way he wants them run bumped off like Leo Taymor the ring leader of the wesen fight club. Renard was giving leo ex cons to fight in his fight club and taking a cut of the profits, some of these criminals were just drug addicts not violent crimals. He sent Adalind after his own police dectectives Nick and Hank, stole Hanks blood sample in order to help Adalind cast a spell on him. He sent Adalind to kill his detectives aunt after promising Nick he would protect her. All this is just season 1 and season 2 Renard and it’s already clear just how corrupt he is and I’ve barely scratched the surface. Oh that’s right he also killed his own cousin and covered it up as well as ordering his brothers Murder.

Nick is far from a saint as he violently attacked and killed verat members at a hotel in season 2 in order to get revenge on them for attacking Hank. He has covered up various cases that were hard to explain due to thier wesen nature ,he has been overly harsh on some wesen and not harsh enough on others. The worst thing Nick has done though by far is getting wu to arrest kennth and then mudering him in a warehouse. Though I don’t blame him as Kenneth was trash it was still very corrupt especially getting hank and wu involved.

Do you think it was Renards corruption and ties with powerful people that got him promoted to captain in the first place because I certainly couldn’t ever imagine Renard in a time were he wasn’t corrupt.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - New Guy - 12-31-2017

(12-31-2017, 02:20 PM)Henry of green Wrote: I think we can all admit that most of the cops on Grimm are corrupt in some way but who is the worst and most corrupt.

I think it’s clearly Renard as he profits from his corruption unlike Nick and hank who mostly just break the law in order to protect Portland from evil wesen with a few exceptions like the murder of Kenneth.

Renard on the other hand has been involved with various criminal rackets and money making schemes throughout the show. He has also actually ordered people murdered in his own precinct, people who were supposed to be under police protection, like poisoning Kimura in his cell. He has had people who don’t run his side rackets the way he wants them run bumped off like Leo Taymor the ring leader of the wesen fight club. Renard was giving leo ex cons to fight in his fight club and taking a cut of the profits so of these criminals were just drug addicts not violent crimals. He sent Adalind after his own police dectectives Nick and Hank, stole Hanks blood sample in order to help Adalind cast a spell on him. He sent Adalind to kill his detectives aunt after promising Nick he would protect her. All this is just season 1 and season 2 Renard and it’s already clear just how corrupt he is and I’ve barely scratched the surface. Oh that’s right he also killed his own cousin and covered it up as well as ordering his brothers Murder.

Nick is far from a saint as he violently attacked and killed verat members at a hotel in season 2 in order to get revenge on them for attacking Hank. He has covered up various cases that were hard to explain due to thier wesen nature ,he has been overly harsh on some wesen and not harsh enough on others. The worst thing Nick has done though by far is getting wu to arrest kennth and then mudering him in a warehouse. Though I don’t blame him as Kenneth was trash it was still very corrupt especially getting hank and wu involved.
Hi Henry,
I agree. Renard takes the cake for corruption, violence, evil, immorality, or any other detestable act ever committed.
N G

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - Henry of green - 12-31-2017

Hank always seemed willing to do a bit of corruption if it was for a good cause like working with prosecutor Mary Robinson to stitch up the ogre , stark after it looked like he would get away with Murder as mentioned in episode 1x08, the episode were stark was trying to kill Hank for revenge.

Hank jumped on Board with Nicks brand of corruption right away, he didn’t seem to have a problem with it as long as it was for the right reasons.

The Portland police department seems very corrupt but you have to remember this show is set in a monster themed world were there’s a muderous beast behind every corner, so we can’t really apply normal police logic to this world. As there is just some Wesen that can’t be arrested as they are too powerful or dangerous to lock up. You also have to remember that according to Renard the majority of crimes are committed by wesen so maybe having a slightly Grimm like approach to policing is better in this world especially when dealing with really dangerous monsters.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - Robyn - 12-31-2017

I don’t disagree that the characters are corrupt cops, but not the same as those who use their positions for purely personal gain, such as sexual abuse, extorting money, etc. etc. So while I agree that Nick, Hank, and Wu were unethical based on required police conduct, they weren’t looking to advance their careers or bank accounts via unethical means.

Renard is exactly who he was from the beginning. He didn’t pretend to be anything he wasn’t, he simply allowed those around him to believe he was a good guy. I didn’t see any indication that Renard became a cop because he wanted to make the world a better place. If anything, being on the police force provided him contacts/resources and access to information along with government backed clout when dealing with troublesome opponents & obstacles. But more important, was a stepping stone in his eventual rise to power either in the public or private sector.

I didn’t take as much issue with Nick choosing the Grimm method over law enforcement method as I did Hank & Wu. Being a Grimm made Nick inherently different. But as humans who happen to know about Grimm and Wesen, I expected Hank and Wu to struggle over increasingly crossing the line of ingrained police conduct. But they didn’t, to the point of instantly deciding they could commit murder.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - irukandji - 12-31-2017

Renard started off the same way he ended. Nick did not. So, for me, it's Nick all the way.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-31-2017

In S01, a wesen criminal was paying Renard "tribute," and their conversation implied that he wasn't the only one paying.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - rpmaluki - 12-31-2017

All four cops broke the law but I'd say Renard was the most corrupt because in breaking the law he did it for selfish gains, lining his pockets etc. Nick broke the law out necessity as an extension of adhering to a higher calling if you will, of helping people afflicted by some wesen issues the human law wasn't equipped to deal with. However, I have to say killing Kenneth was an act of corruption on his part. There's no excuse for that. The same goes for Hank and Wu in helping him frame Kenneth. Renard continues to be scum despite loving his daughter in S6.

RE: Who is the worst most corrupt cop on Grimm - New Guy - 12-31-2017

(12-31-2017, 04:53 PM)irukandji Wrote: Renard started off the same way he ended. Nick did not. So, for me, it's Nick all the way.
Hi Iruk,
The Google definition:
Quote:Corrupt:
having or showing a willingness to act dishonestly in return for money or personal gain.
fits Renard like a glove. Henry listed a preponderance of evidence to prove Renard's corruption.
When did Nick act dishonestly in return for money or personal gain? Perhaps when he saved Monroe from death at the Löwen Games that Renard was helping operate and was on the take?
Surely you can produce proof that Nick acted dishonestly in return for money or personal gain.
N G

Hi New Guy-
Nick is an affront to our men in blue who risk their lives every day serving the public, which includes alleged criminals. As you're well aware, I consider him an affront to my father, who was a dedicated sergeant and detective on the force for decades. The series took potshots at our men in blue. What else can I say?

(12-31-2017, 06:33 PM)Henry of green Wrote:
(12-31-2017, 06:21 PM)irukandji Wrote: Hi New Guy-
Nick is an affront to our men in blue who risk their lives every day serving the public, which includes alleged criminals. As you're well aware, I consider him an affront to my father, who was a dedicated sergeant and detective on the force for decades. The series took potshots at our men in blue. What else can I say?

I would respect that opinion greatly if you showed similar hatred for Renard for his corruption but you don’t .

You don't need to respect it at all, henry. That was not a condition of my post.