Grimm Forum
Do you think there is a connection between hexenbiests and grimms - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Do you think there is a connection between hexenbiests and grimms (/Thread-Do-you-think-there-is-a-connection-between-hexenbiests-and-grimms)

Pages: 1 2 3

Do you think there is a connection between hexenbiests and grimms - Henry of green - 12-21-2017

Do you think there is a connection between hexenbiest/Zauberbiest and grimms, the only thing able to completely take away hexenbiest power is Grimm blood. They are both human like unlike the rest of the wesen, it would be interesting to see if they were related by blood somewhere in the distant past. Hexenbiests are the only creatures we have seen can lose thier powers and thier woge state is just a deycaed human. It is also proven that grimms and Hexenbiests can procreate as Kelly has shown as he’s half Zauberbiest and half Grimm blood.

RE: Do you think there is a connection between hexenbiests and grimms - rpmaluki - 12-21-2017

I'm willing to accept there's a common factor somewhere between them. Unfortunately, what I can't explain is why/how Grimms got their sight, the whole black eyes that frightens most wesen the first time they gaze into their dark abyss and why Hexenbiests/Zauberbiests can woge. This has me thinking of the Underworld series
The last movie I watched they implied that the werewolves and vampires had a common ancestor both vampire and werewolf. The characteristics split between two siblings and had been separate ever since, maybe that could be the same with Grimms and Biests. Since it's fantasy, there's no need to get bogged down with the plausibility of how two species grew out of a common ancestor.

RE: Do you think there is a connection between hexenbiests and grimms - Hell Rell - 12-21-2017

It's my personal head-canon that they are connected in some way. The mixing of the blood in the finale required a Grimm and a Hexenbiest specifically while the third ingredient was just any random wesen. They have the ability to take away each others' powers and procreate which sounds weird without the context. The box containing the stick was opened by spilling Grimm blood which can kill a Hexenbiest so it would've been plausible if the show wrote in Hexenbiests casting a spell to help the Grimm Knights hide the stick.

I was hoping there would be a reveal that Grimms and Hexenbiests weren't always mortal enemies. I would've liked to hear about their history and learn about how they were once allies but had a falling for some reason. Perhaps the Grimms hiding the stick from them could've been used as the reason and this resentment carried on for generations.

The sight is hard to explain. I could see them having common ancestors but the strength of one's blood would contradict it. Hexenbiests are one of the few wesen that aren't animals. Grimms remain looking human while Hexenbiests look like a corpse. Grimm powers are mainly physical while Hexenbiests have mental prowess. Grimms appear to be naturally skilled fighters, are durable, and have the ability to adapt new abilities as Nick has shown while Hexenbiests are naturally skilled in the use of magic without any training whatsoever as shown by Juliette and Diana. They actually compliment each other pretty well.

In terms of canon, these hasn't been anything indicating they had a connection but there's plenty of stuff written on the show that could've led them to making a connection between the two and being able to sell it.

RE: Do you think there is a connection between hexenbiests and grimms - brandon - 12-21-2017

It could be because every "look GRIMM" was like any man and church:
What is not understood is afraid. For the church any witch is bad and daughter of Satán.

RE: Do you think there is a connection between hexenbiests and grimms - dicappatore - 12-21-2017

(12-21-2017, 10:11 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: I'm willing to accept there's a common factor somewhere between them. Unfortunately, what I can't explain is why/how Grimms got their sight, the whole black eyes that frightens most wesen the first time they gaze into their dark abyss and why Hexenbiests/Zauberbiests can woge. This has me thinking of the Underworld series
The last movie I watched they implied that the werewolves and vampires had a common ancestor both vampire and werewolf. The characteristics split between two siblings and had been separate ever since, maybe that could be the same with Grimms and Biests. Since it's fantasy, there's no need to get bogged down with the plausibility of how two species grew out of a common ancestor.
rp, i think there was an episode. The one where the Wesen lived off crying tears from tragedy stricken women. I am not sure but I think it explained why Nick was able to see the private voge. Maybe I am confusing it with another episode. I dont recall any explanation on the dark eyes part except form Monroe explaining what the Wesen see when they face the Grimm.

New Reply to the thread.
I think in the thread that was discussing a similar skewed subject on the Hexenbiest Wesen, I pointed out that a Hex are the only Wesen we got to see that had “SOME” of their Wesen attributes without Voge. I do think they are a breed apart from the rest. How they are affected opposite a Grimm. The fact that Adalind Hex was removed by Nicks blood is something to think about. I don’t recall any other Wesen, and I know I will get criticized for the next line, could get “FIXED” by ingesting Nick/Grimm’s blood.

My question is this. Is this a valid subject to explore, or, as Robyn would speculate, just another screw up from the creative team to create a quick fix to a miss-directed arc without giving it lasting thoughts to this anomaly and leaving us hanging with another incomplete idea.

RE: Do you think there is a connection between hexenbiests and grimms - rpmaluki - 12-21-2017

I would love to see it explored further. There's clearly something to be mined in the show's mythology between Grimms, Hexenbiests and wesen. We're merely dealt with the present and a mystery around the keys that got resolved last minute. It would be nice to learn how each group came about.

RE: Do you think there is a connection between hexenbiests and grimms - wesen - 12-21-2017

I think there is a connection, as in they are the opposite forces of each other and just like I mentioned in another post, almost like yin and yang. i find it interesting and significant that only hexenbiests have their own magic books on how to disarm their opponents, similar to the grimm books on how to kill wesen. hexenbiests are the strongest wesen there is, and an especially powerful one can even defeat grimms. that's why I believe that Kelly is stronger than any wesen or grimm in existence, second only to Diana.

RE: Do you think there is a connection between hexenbiests and grimms - dicappatore - 12-21-2017

(12-21-2017, 06:37 PM)wesen Wrote: I think there is a connection, as in they are the opposite forces of each other and just like I mentioned in another post, almost like yin and yang. i find it interesting and significant that only hexenbiests have their own magic books on how to disarm their opponents, similar to the grimm books on how to kill wesen. hexenbiests are the strongest wesen there is, and an especially powerful one can even defeat grimms. that's why I believe that Kelly is stronger than any wesen or grimm in existence, second only to Diana.

Well wes. hard to argue with that. You can say, in the end, he showed her, his ying and she showed him, her yang. And some contributors heads are still spinning alla Linda Blair style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSxuXQCEC7M

RE: Do you think there is a connection between hexenbiests and grimms - Hell Rell - 12-21-2017

(12-21-2017, 01:11 PM)Henry of green Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 10:29 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: It's my personal head-canon that they are connected in some way. The mixing of the blood in the finale required a Grimm and a Hexenbiest specifically while the third ingredient was just any random wesen. They have the ability to take away each others' powers and procreate which sounds weird without the context. The box containing the stick was opened by spilling Grimm blood which can kill a Hexenbiest so it would've been plausible if the show wrote in Hexenbiests casting a spell to help the Grimm Knights hide the stick.

I was hoping there would be a reveal that Grimms and Hexenbiests weren't always mortal enemies. I would've liked to hear about their history and learn about how they were once allies but had a falling for some reason. Perhaps the Grimms hiding the stick from them could've been used as the reason and this resentment carried on for generations.

The sight is hard to explain. I could see them having common ancestors but the strength of one's blood would contradict it. Hexenbiests are one of the few wesen that aren't animals. Grimms remain looking human while Hexenbiests look like a corpse. Grimm powers are mainly physical while Hexenbiests have mental prowess. Grimms appear to be naturally skilled fighters, are durable, and have the ability to adapt new abilities as Nick has shown while Hexenbiests are naturally skilled in the use of magic without any training whatsoever as shown by Juliette and Diana. They actually compliment each other pretty well.

In terms of canon, these hasn't been anything indicating they had a connection but there's plenty of stuff written on the show that could've led them to making a connection between the two and being able to sell it.

Hell Rell, you should actually get partial credit for this thread as I got the idea for this thread from you in one of your older posts, I remember you bringing up the possibility they were linked and just thought it would make for a nice discussion even though nothing can be proven it’s fun to speculate.

I really would've liked to see both of their origins. I kind of feel like they're both genetic anomalies even amongst the wesen world. They both share the ability to improve upon their natural abilities which other Wesen seem to lack.

(12-21-2017, 09:35 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 01:11 PM)Henry of green Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 10:29 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: It's my personal head-canon that they are connected in some way. The mixing of the blood in the finale required a Grimm and a Hexenbiest specifically while the third ingredient was just any random wesen. They have the ability to take away each others' powers and procreate which sounds weird without the context. The box containing the stick was opened by spilling Grimm blood which can kill a Hexenbiest so it would've been plausible if the show wrote in Hexenbiests casting a spell to help the Grimm Knights hide the stick.

Hell Rell, you should actually get partial credit for this thread as I got the idea for this thread from you in one of your older posts, I remember you bringing up the possibility they were linked and just thought it would make for a nice discussion even though nothing can be proven it’s fun to speculate.

I really would've liked to see both of their origins. I kind of feel like their both genetic anomalies even amongst the wesen world. They both share the ability to improve upon their natural abilities which other Wesen seem to lack.
This is so true.