Grimm Forum
JuliEve's Future - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: JuliEve's Future (/Thread-JuliEve-s-Future)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: JuliEve's Future - New Guy - 12-03-2017

(12-03-2017, 05:29 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 05:21 PM)brandon Wrote: Do not think that Nick out of people who always said " thank you", that he would show it with his attitude.

Come to think of it, I've never seen or heard Nick express any gratitude to anyone who's helped him. Hmmmmm...........
Hi Iruk,
You really should try watching the show. You claim:
Quote:Come to think of it, I've never seen or heard Nick express any gratitude to anyone who's helped him. Hmmmmm...........
A simple word search of eight season 4 episode transcripts found five times where Nick thanks someone (underline added):
4.07, "The Grimm Who Stole Christmas"
Quote:[The scene shifts to Nick and Renard in Renard's office]
Renard: My mother left.
Nick: Sorry I didn't have a chance to say thank you.
also
Quote:Monroe: You know, you're not gonna believe this. I kind of have a craving for some fruitcake. [He pulls some out of his pocket]
Hank: You saved some of that?
Monroe: It's not as bad as its reputation.
Nick: Hey, thanks for your help on this one. Listen, I think we've got a line on some of the people involved in burning the Wolfsangel and throwing the brick through the window. As soon as we've got anything, we'll let you know.
4.08, "Chupacabra"
Quote:Nick: We need to find this doctor.
Gabe: It wasn't him. I know it wasn't.
Nick: Thank you for your time. [He and Hank leave]
4.10, "Tribunal"
Quote:Nick: You okay?
Wu: Yeah, I think so.
Hank: You've got to be sure. It's a lot different when you're face-to-face with one that wants to kill you.
Wu: I'm in.
Bud: Well, glad I could help. I can go, right?
Nick: Yeah, thanks, Bud.
4.13, "Trial by Fire"
Quote:Nick: Thanks for your help.
Orson: It was good to get out.
Hank: You did good.
Orson: Thanks. Hey, tell that to my next parole hearing.
Iruk, rather than just thinking about what you saw or heard why not word search all 123 episodes and assemble the factual data of how many times Nick thanked someone?
N G

RE: JuliEve's Future - dicappatore - 12-04-2017

(12-03-2017, 06:54 PM)New Guy Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 05:21 PM)brandon Wrote: Do not think that Nick out of people who always said " thank you", that he would show it with his attitude.

Come to think of it, I've never seen or heard Nick express any gratitude to anyone who's helped him. Hmmmmm...........
Hi Iruk,
You really should try watching the show. You claim:
Quote:Come to think of it, I've never seen or heard Nick express any gratitude to anyone who's helped him. Hmmmmm...........
A simple word search of eight season 4 episode transcripts found five times where Nick thanks someone (underline added):
4.07, "The Grimm Who Stole Christmas"
Quote:[The scene shifts to Nick and Renard in Renard's office]
Renard: My mother left.
Nick: Sorry I didn't have a chance to say thank you.
also
Quote:Monroe: You know, you're not gonna believe this. I kind of have a craving for some fruitcake. [He pulls some out of his pocket]
Hank: You saved some of that?
Monroe: It's not as bad as its reputation.
Nick: Hey, thanks for your help on this one. Listen, I think we've got a line on some of the people involved in burning the Wolfsangel and throwing the brick through the window. As soon as we've got anything, we'll let you know.
4.08, "Chupacabra"
Quote:Nick: We need to find this doctor.
Gabe: It wasn't him. I know it wasn't.
Nick: Thank you for your time. [He and Hank leave]
4.10, "Tribunal"
Quote:Nick: You okay?
Wu: Yeah, I think so.
Hank: You've got to be sure. It's a lot different when you're face-to-face with one that wants to kill you.
Wu: I'm in.
Bud: Well, glad I could help. I can go, right?
Nick: Yeah, thanks, Bud.
4.13, "Trial by Fire"
Quote:Nick: Thanks for your help.
Orson: It was good to get out.
Hank: You did good.
Orson: Thanks. Hey, tell that to my next parole hearing.
Iruk, rather than just thinking about what you saw or heard why not word search all 123 episodes and assemble the factual data of how many times Nick thanked someone?
N G

Or, how many times he told Juliette, how he felt responsible for her becoming a Hex, due to him getting back his Grimm. Even as far as towards the end of Season 6. Maybe I am just imagining those scenes?

RE: JuliEve's Future - rpmaluki - 12-04-2017

He thanked Diana for reading the cloth.

RE: JuliEve's Future - irukandji - 12-04-2017

So that makes.......3? That doesn't even average out to 1 per year.

I don't remember the other characters making a habit of thanking people in every episode.

Actually the conversation was about gratitude and like all conversations on this forum, morphed into thank you's. All I asked brandon was what he thought about Nick's insensitivity in not showing gratitude to Juliette for being the final ingredient in the spell to reverse his grimm.

RE: JuliEve's Future - New Guy - 12-04-2017

(12-04-2017, 05:05 AM)irukandji Wrote: So that makes.......3? That doesn't even average out to 1 per year.
Iruk,
Even a first grader is better at arithmetic. I listed 5 in post #41. RPM mentions another in his post #43. Yet in your post #44 you claim 5+1 = 3?Confused
LOL!
If you had any clue how to derive an "average" you would see that in the sample of 8 episodes I found 5, simple extrapolation would render an estimate of 13 per year. So once again, Iruk, rather than just thinking about what you saw or heard why not word search all 123 episodes and assemble the factual data of how many times Nick thanked someone?
Sorry. I forgot that you don't believe in arithmetic. Big Grin
N G

New Guy, you don't have to waste bandwidth talking to me. You know you've never made much of an impression because in the end, we still continue to agree to disagree. Just trying to prevent the old arthritis from creeping into your fingers there.

(12-03-2017, 03:16 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 02:36 PM)brandon Wrote: What gratitude?

Exactly. Juliette agreed to be the final ingredient in the spell in order for Nick to get his grimm back. He showed absolutely NO gratitude to her for what she did for HIM.
Nick missed his Grimm. When Elizabeth came up with the solution, Nick said no and he mentioned them finally having a normal life, possibly moving away from Portland and starting a family. He didn't want to put Juliette through anymore spells but Juliette said it was the only way for him to become a Grimm again because that is what Elizabeth told them. Nick asked her if she was sure about doing the spell, and she said if this was what he wanted then it's what she wanted too. Nick may not have said the words, "thank you" but he was certainly grateful towards her doing the spell.

(12-04-2017, 06:49 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 03:16 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 02:36 PM)brandon Wrote: What gratitude?

Exactly. Juliette agreed to be the final ingredient in the spell in order for Nick to get his grimm back. He showed absolutely NO gratitude to her for what she did for HIM.
Nick missed his Grimm. When Elizabeth came up with the solution, Nick said no and he mentioned them finally having a normal life, possibly moving away from Portland and starting a family. He didn't want to put Juliette through anymore spells but Juliette said it was the only way for him to become a Grimm again because that is what Elizabeth told them. Nick asked her if she was sure about doing the spell, and she said if this was what he wanted then it's what she wanted too. Nick may not have said the words, "thank you" but he was certainly grateful towards her doing the spell.

I don't see any conclusive evidence of Nick being grateful.