Grimm Forum
Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why Nick and Adalind clicked (/Thread-Why-Nick-and-Adalind-clicked)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - irukandji - 12-23-2017

(12-23-2017, 10:08 AM)brandon Wrote: What is the problem why Nick does not say right away " I love you" to Adalind?.!

It's not, Brandon. But if Nick wasn't ready to take the plunge, why sleep with Adalind?

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - brandon - 12-23-2017

For something it would be.
If he rejected, she was not going to cast a spell-ja,ja-

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - New Guy - 12-23-2017

(12-22-2017, 11:51 PM)Henry of green Wrote: I don’t believe she was possessed she is responsible for her own actions but the Hexenbiest did heighten her emotions and led her down a dark path, but that fact of the matter is as the actors and even writers and charecters have said Juliette set up nicks moms death that is fact. It’s not me that’s looking at it that way it’s the people involved in the show. Wether she meant to or not Kelly is a corpse beacuse Juliette planned her deadly ambush with Kenneth and fully knew there was a great chance Kelly wasn’t walking away.

Just like it’s fact Nick and Adalinds relationship grew into a loving one it’s the people running show G&k the shows writers and the actors saying these things who know more about thier show than you or me. G&k in particular have giving multiple interviews telling of how Nick loves Adalind and how he considers Eve just a close friend who he also loves but in a different way.
Well said Henry! N G

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - irukandji - 12-23-2017

(12-23-2017, 10:31 AM)brandon Wrote: For something it would be.
If he rejected, she was not going to cast a spell-ja,ja-

Brandon, are you saying that Nick felt he might be the victim of one of Adalind's spells if he did not sleep with her?

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - dicappatore - 12-23-2017

(12-23-2017, 11:36 AM)New Guy Wrote:
(12-22-2017, 11:51 PM)Henry of green Wrote: I don’t believe she was possessed she is responsible for her own actions but the Hexenbiest did heighten her emotions and led her down a dark path, but that fact of the matter is as the actors and even writers and charecters have said Juliette set up nicks moms death that is fact. It’s not me that’s looking at it that way it’s the people involved in the show. Wether she meant to or not Kelly is a corpse beacuse Juliette planned her deadly ambush with Kenneth and fully knew there was a great chance Kelly wasn’t walking away.

Just like it’s fact Nick and Adalinds relationship grew into a loving one it’s the people running show G&k the shows writers and the actors saying these things who know more about thier show than you or me. G&k in particular have giving multiple interviews telling of how Nick loves Adalind and how he considers Eve just a close friend who he also loves but in a different way.
Well said Henry! N G

The problem with whomever is trying to make this argument is, what is it for? Whether she knew of the outcome or not, she was involved. Some of us are trying to use legal terms to support our conclusion that she was guilty, in our own eyes for her actions. Another word, we formed an opinion based on what we saw.

Let say we did not see all the planning that she did, does it make her a good Hex? A non-vengeful Hex? A Hex that went down the light path, instead of the dark path? Sholud Nick's balls have been cut off because he is responsible for all the mayhem? If that’s the case, when Elizabeth Tulloch, in one of a few interviews said she was “Going Dark”, she must have lied. She must have read the script wrong.

Some of the other cast members/crew attesting to the same must have been also liars or just lousy actors, directors and writers. Some of these contributors, claiming she wasn’t responsible for her actions, could see the BIG mistake the whole production staff made. What do they know? We have contributors on these forums that can read the minds of the writers, directors and fictional characters and are able to prove us wrong.

Now that we have settled this. I still have this bridge, that’s burning a whole in my pocket, to sell. Hey NG, should I have used the word “hole” instead of “whole” in that last sentence? I’m not sure. I need your wisdom to put me on the wright, or right, maybe write path.

Help me O-B-1 Kenobi, you are my only hope!

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - New Guy - 12-24-2017

(12-23-2017, 09:08 PM)dicappatore Wrote: Hey NG, should I have used the word “hole” instead of “whole” in that last sentence? I’m not sure. I need your wisdom to put me on the wright, or right, maybe write path.

Help me O-B-1 Kenobi, you are my only hope!
Hi Dicap,
LOL. You seek the hole truth yet there is a whole in my bucket. Ware is your bridge to Know Wear?
Merry Christmas,
N G

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Robyn - 12-24-2017

(12-23-2017, 09:54 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-23-2017, 07:39 AM)brandon Wrote: what happened to Nick would rather say that it is like when you have so much agitation that everything seems unreal.
He suddenly saw father ,with a woman who never had a good opinion because of his fights.Hide her from her ex girlfriend,his dead mother

I don't necessarily agree with the premise of Nick and Adalind clicking. To me, their relationship often seemed awkward. And actually, I didn't mind that. It makes sense. An instant charisma and fake love between them just wouldn't be believable. However, I was surprised by Nick's reaction when Adalind told him she loved him. He apparently had a problem returning her confession, but yet had no issue with sleeping with her. That bothers me a bit. I would have preferred an adult Nick who simply admitted he just wasn't "there yet" as far as loving her, and gently helped her put her shirt back on.

Absolutely. The Nick/Adalind interaction was awkward very early on, as it should have been for quite some time. The problem with the show’s presentation of Nick/Adalind wasn’t that an eventual relationship & family wasn’t believable, but that the transition was too fast paced and haphazard.

I thought Nick was a selfish jerk when he had sex with Adalind after she tearfully dropped the L bomb, as well as when he dismissed her confession about Renard knowing where Diana was and that he would use the child to compromise her. But it’s reasonable to believe that G & K assumed most viewers would excuse Nick’s behavior simply because it was Nick. In comparison, had the same scene played out with Renard or Meisner, or any other male character who immediately became distant afterwards, I suspect those characters would have likely had many vile descriptions posted about their deplorable behavior toward Adalind.

To me, the ‘click’ was that Adalind was written to be exactly what Nick wanted, unconditionally. She was predisposed to trusting the Grimm Team as her friends and wanting a ‘normal relationship’ in the second episode of S5. And for me, the character’s evolution didn’t really go anywhere from there other than continuously striving to earn Nick’s and his friends' acceptance.

I know that how I view characters and what I want from a show is different than most. I’m not drawn to a character because he/she is good, or evil for that matter. I only want the characters to be sufficiently interesting to draw me back for the next chapter in their stories. So I’m not inclined to excuse Nick when he behaves like a selfish jerk because he’s the Grimm/central character or excuse his love interest’s unrealistic behavior & mindset - whether Juliette or Adalind - because her wants & needs are written to revolve around Nick, the Grimm/central character.

That said, I want to touch on recent comments concerning disrespectful behavior on the forum because weeding through post after post to find the scarce few objective comments swallowed up in a barrage of crude accusatory retaliations has become more tiresome than I’m willing to contend with. Rpmaluki and I have had an ongoing discussion about Nick/Adalind for some time now, and while our positions are as opposite as they are adamant we haven’t needed to disrespect each other’s opinion in order to advance our debate. That kind of behavior doesn’t add to the discussion, it disrespects the participants and the purpose of the forum. A person isn’t right when they agree with us and wrong when they disagree with us. If everyone is expected to take a singular approach to the show and characters there really isn’t a need for a place to discuss a predetermined consensus.

Merry Christmas and Happy Tidings for the New Year!

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - dicappatore - 12-25-2017

(12-24-2017, 07:40 AM)Robyn Wrote: That said, I want to touch on recent comments concerning disrespectful behavior on the forum because weeding through post after post to find the scarce few objective comments swallowed up in a barrage of crude accusatory retaliations has become more tiresome than I’m willing to contend with. Rpmaluki and I have had an ongoing discussion about Nick/Adalind for some time now, and while our positions are as opposite as they are adamant we haven’t needed to disrespect each other’s opinion in order to advance our debate. That kind of behavior doesn’t add to the discussion, it disrespects the participants and the purpose of the forum. A person isn’t right when they agree with us and wrong when they disagree with us. If everyone is expected to take a singular approach to the show and characters there really isn’t a need for a place to discuss a predetermined consensus.

Question for you, Robyn. In your comment about disrespectful behavior. Are you referring to one contributor, complaining of other contributors going back rehashing same old stuff just to provoke? After they were the ones doing the exact same thing they were pointing fingers at others? By going back and replying to a 3 or 4 months old thread? For the exact same reason, they were accusing others. Rehashing old arguments to provoke like “Stockholm Syndrome”. See Post # 22 , under the topic; Bree Turner Claire Coffee interview Adalinds powers.

Better yet, that same contributor bitching about topics being taken off subject when posted proof was exactly what they were doing, skewing the topic?

Take this last subject matter on this thread about Nick sleeping with Adalind and not telling her “I love you”. As I recall, Nick was sleeping in the room, outside Adalind’s bedroom in the fome. Soon after they moved in that place, one night, Adalind asked Nick to sleep in her ben, not for sex but for a comment she made. Something in the line of; “I know that, what ever comes in through that door, you will kill it.

How does a request for Adalind's request for Nick to sleep in her bed for safety, becomes the fulfillment of that request, using her? There was no sex in the beginning of the;” Sleeping Together”. How does that merit a “I love you” statement prior to him sleeping with next to her? How is that, Nick taking advantage of her. Even if he was having sex with her before he told her, he was also in love with her? When was it ever a pre-requisite for anyone on this show to have sex? Is stating what falsely happen on the screen also constitute as an insult?

We all watched the same show. Are these also examples of insults, or just opinions?

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - New Guy - 12-25-2017

(12-25-2017, 02:34 AM)dicappatore Wrote: How does a request for Adalind's request for Nick to sleep in her bed for safety, becomes the fulfillment of that request, using her? There was no sex in the beginning of the;” Sleeping Together”. How does that merit a “I love you” statement prior to him sleeping with next to her? How is that, Nick taking advantage of her. Even if he was having sex with her before he told her, he was also in love with her? When was it ever a pre-requisite for anyone on this show to have sex? Is stating what falsely happen on the screen also constitute as an insult?

We all watched the same show. Are these also examples of insults, or just opinions?
Hi Dicap,
In reply to your question:
Quote:Are these also examples of insults, or just opinions?
The scenes presented by the NBC show Grimm are the facts from which members of the Forum should form opinions. The recaps and transcripts of the episodes memorialize much of the content and if accurate should be the written source of evidence.
Your example references scenes where Adalind and Nick interact in regard to the phrase "I love you" and the intimate act of "sleeping together."
The presentation of factual evidence is obviously not an insult, documented factual evidence is also not opinion. If you provide factual evidence to support your opinion rational people will see your reasoning, but may disagree with your opinion. Those who dismiss the facts or claim such facts are opinion insult themselves.
There are expert opinions that should be given consideration. The producers, writers and directors are experts. However they may spin how they respond to an interviewer's questions hoping to improve viewership. If they refer to factual scenes, their responses should be given more weight.
You know where I stand:
[Image: joe_friday.jpg]
Merry Christmas,
N G

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - syscrash - 12-25-2017

There is an aspect of Nick and Adalind relationship that I have not seen anyone mention. He lost Juliette because she was a hexenbiest. could it be he did not want that to happen between him and Adalind. Especially since they had a child together. the other thing I have noticed both in the show and in the interviews. When ever Nick and Adalind relationship is talked about. Kelly is always included in the reasoning for why they are together. What stands out if the conversation between Nick and Monroe while in Germany when Nick told Monroe he sleep with Adalind. It was the same as the conversation when they where on the roof of the fome. Nick always says she is the mother of my child.
So yes when the actors say Nick and Adalind love each other, that makes since. He did take her in and protected her in spite of their past.

But that still does not change there is a big difference between how he related to Juliette vs how he relates to Adalind. With Juliette they wrote scene after scene that showed romance in their relationship. Also both Juliette / Eve death scenes where much more emotional then the scene with Adalind. I have always said there is a reason they scripted it that way. I am not sure what it is. but for some reason they made a big contrast between Juliette and Adalind.

IMO I think the writers where considering the audience may see Nick forgiving Adalind but not forgetting. The scene after the first time Nick and Adalind sleep together supports that idea. While he was laying there they showed he was thinking about the time Adalind had left Hank for dead. That shows he still remembered.