Grimm Forum
Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why Nick and Adalind clicked (/Thread-Why-Nick-and-Adalind-clicked)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Henry of green - 12-22-2017

Why not I see nothing wrong with describing Nicks early feelings in season 5 as stolkholm syndrome as he's grieving obviously his feelings changed as stated in below interview quote.

That stick saved Eve (Bitsie Tulloch) and, for a moment there, we got a glimpse of the real Juliette. How is Nick getting his brain around that?

I know, right? Is there a worse time in a guy’s life to find out your woman has come back? We’re all in the middle of being killed! On top of that, Nick is now in love with a Hexenbiest and they have this child

G&k have also said in in interviews Juliette played a part in Nicks mom death but she can't really be fully blamed as the Hexenbiest led her down a dark path.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - irukandji - 12-22-2017

Certainly you can see their relationship anyway you want. However, in my opinion, the actor who plays the part of Nick should know his character through and through rather than making haphazard contradictions after the episodes have already aired.

BTW, no one believes Juliette was possessed by the hexenbiest, and therefore, isn't at fault for her participation in setting Kelly up. I noticed DG pretty much skirted the issue. Why he'd even bring it up is beyond me. It was clear to me that Nick forgave her for setting him and his mother up. But let's say DG was crystal clear and forthright on his response that Juliette was completely possessed by the hexenbiest. I can guarantee you wouldn't believe him and I know of several others who wouldn't either.

So to me, an actor's words during an interview are not carved in stone as canon to the story.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Henry of green - 12-22-2017

I don’t believe she was possessed she is responsible for her own actions but the Hexenbiest did heighten her emotions, which led Juliette down a dark path but that fact of the matter is as the actors and even writers and charecters have said Juliette set up nicks moms death that is fact. It’s not me that’s looking at it that way it’s the people involved in the show. Wether she meant to or not Kelly is a corpse beacuse Juliette planned her deadly ambush with Kenneth and fully knew there was a great chance Kelly wasn’t walking away.

Just like it’s fact Nick and Adalinds relationship grew into a loving one it’s the people running show G&k and the shows writers and the actors saying these things. They clearly know more about thier show than you or me. G&k in particular have giving multiple interviews saying how Nick loves Adalind and how he considers Eve just a close friend who he also loves but in a different way.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - dicappatore - 12-23-2017

Ok, so I read the article. The “Stockholm Syndrome” he is applying is to himself not to the condition Adalind is in while she has moved in, first the house, then the fome. That syndrome he was talking about was how his character was feeling after all what happened to him.

All this gibberish about Nick forcing Adalind to stay with him and her suffering from “Stockholm Syndrome is just like I said. Hearsay after hearsay. Makes one wonder, whom is eating their words now. How is that crow tasting? This is beyond stupidity, by some, it is an obsession. Better get Rosalee on the line to cook up some of that cleansing/counter obsession potion.

Thanks for the research HoG and for re-posting the article, so we can all read it with our own eyes, instead, through someone elses bias. Understanding the meaning of the term “Stockholm Syndrome”, you don’t need to get an actor’s interpretation to make the call that it did not apply to Adalind.

I have a great respect for DG and how he played the character. Judging how good of an actor based on an interview on a psychological concept is not how rate his acting abilities, like some other (Fill in the derogatory adjective here) contributors see him. He is an actor, not a shrink. If he was directed to put his mindset with that syndrome concept in mind? It doesn’t make him, the writers or the director expert on the subject. I don't claim to be an expert either, nor am I a shrink either

What I had was the confidence to question it and to see through the guise and looked it up. I saw it did not cut the mustard. It is that simple when you are driven with logic instead of… well I don’t know the point to prove such a ridiculous argument. I never saw Adalind forced to live with Nick. She had other options, they were few, but she did have other options.

She could have easliy gotten back on her feet and moved out, Nick would have supported her in any decisions she made. But some contributors are obsessed for Nick not taking back Juliette. Well? blame the writers.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Henry of green - 12-23-2017

Yes David was referring solely to Nick himself and how he felt beacuse everything involving his relationship with Adalind happened so fast after Juliette’s death in the first couple of episodes in season 5. Claire Coffee did a number of interviews before and during early season 5, she never mentioned or even hinted at Adalind having Stockholm. She just said she really started to bond with Nick because they both had something in common in Kelly. She said they didn’t have time to let thier past get in the way because they had a baby to care for which is a 24/7 job.

Dicappatore, Ta’ failte romhat

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - brandon - 12-23-2017

what happened to Nick would rather say that it is like when you have so much agitation that everything seems unreal.
He suddenly saw father ,with a woman who never had a good opinion because of his fights.Hide her from her ex girlfriend,his dead mother

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - irukandji - 12-23-2017

(12-23-2017, 07:39 AM)brandon Wrote: what happened to Nick would rather say that it is like when you have so much agitation that everything seems unreal.
He suddenly saw father ,with a woman who never had a good opinion because of his fights.Hide her from her ex girlfriend,his dead mother

I don't necessarily agree with the premise of Nick and Adalind clicking. To me, their relationship often seemed awkward. And actually, I didn't mind that. It makes sense. An instant charisma and fake love between them just wouldn't be believable. However, I was surprised by Nick's reaction when Adalind told him she loved him. He apparently had a problem returning her confession, but yet had no issue with sleeping with her. That bothers me a bit. I would have preferred an adult Nick who simply admitted he just wasn't "there yet" as far as loving her, and gently helped her put her shirt back on.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Henry of green - 12-23-2017

Why should he it is pretty normal in a relationship for one parter to say I love before another, for example my girlfriend said it to me four months before I said it to her. It’s far worse to lie and he had some feelings for her Its not like it didn’t mean nothing to him it’s just at that piont Adalind felt more than he did.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - irukandji - 12-23-2017

I have no issue with Adalind being the first one to state her feelings. My issue was with Nick's response. In view of their awkward relationship, he treated her just like any teenaged boy would treat a girl he wants to sleep with. In other words, he ignored her confession and went for the gusto.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - brandon - 12-23-2017

What is the problem why Nick does not say right away " I love you" to Adalind?.!