Grimm Forum
Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why Nick and Adalind clicked (/Thread-Why-Nick-and-Adalind-clicked)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Henry of green - 12-30-2017

(12-29-2017, 08:53 PM)izzy Wrote:
(12-29-2017, 01:55 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hello Izzy,
Welcome back to Forum. The threads continue to both amuse and bewilder.

Ah yes, I had heard tell that a couple of boisterous, boorish, belligerent, brutish blackguards had devolved the forum with their sophomoric antics, pedestrian logic, and plebeian understanding. It is interesting to witness it in person. That aside...

Quote:Bringing up poor old Henrietta sent me to my main man, Google, and an old thread of yours came up:
http://grimmforum.com/forum/Thread-Why-was-Henrietta-killed?page=1

That was an interesting thread, given the speculation. In the end, I now suspect, the writers did it merely to have a device for bringing a hexenbiest back if need be. I may go back and revive that thread.

Quote:How many of the 100B do you suppose came back from the dead, even for a brief cameo appearance?

300,437(I guessed). I actually thought about what we consider death and surmise that even in prehistoric times it is likely that some people actually came back from death as a result of happenstance. However I am only talking about what would be considered clinically dead. You don't have to look back farther than the death of George Washington to realize that being buried while still alive was a very real fear.

But of course I must ask your view on the matter.

A pleasure hearing from you.

Izzy, do you read your own posts ,sophomoric , seriously your the one calling female characters whores and Nick a cuckold that seems rather immature and juvenile if you ask me. I also admit to being immature at times to but at least my opinions are actually based on what happened on the show, yours are based on some AU universe were Nick is some loser who can’t get a woman who’s not using him, get real a guy that looks like Nick could get most women no problem. As for Adalind being a whore in the early seasons she certainly fell under that definition but in the last 3 seasons the woman has only slept with two men, hardly a whore if you ask me. Plus I think it’s wrong to label women whores a woman can sleep with who she wants if she’s not in a relationship. Renard has bedded just as many people as Adalind I don’t see you labeling him a man whore.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - brandon - 12-30-2017

none of them is a cuckold or a prostitute,or taxiboy

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Robyn - 12-31-2017

(12-25-2017, 02:34 AM)dicappatore Wrote: Question for you, Robyn. In your comment about disrespectful behavior...
My comment wasn’t directed to anyone specifically, only a general statement of my disconnect with the overall negativity and aggressive responses that bog down the conversations rather than enhance them. I immediately saw several topics that peaked my interest but haven’t yet read because I immediately assumed I’d have to weed through post after post that have nothing to do with the actual conversation.

We are not moderators or hall monitors, and shouldn’t continually make it our personal responsibility to direct others in how to properly interpret the show and characters. Thinking outside the box and examining a what-if scenario that goes against the grain of the show isn’t automatically an expression of disrespect. If there are discussions or specific comments we can’t wrap our thoughts around, we can bow out of a conversation or at least refrain from posting a string of accusations that someone isn’t correctly interpreting the show and characters. Discussions either gain momentum from continued participation or die out from lack of interest.

(12-25-2017, 04:15 PM)Henry of green Wrote: Robyn I mean no desrespect but could you please inform me where exactly on this 5x18 Nick and Adalind scene clip script is Nick dismissing Adalind...
Please don’t tiptoe around me. Wink I consider your question a valid reaction, not an attack on my opinion.

The entire scene was impassive considering the subject matter was the child Nick had helped kidnap and assumed was with the Royals. However, the scene was cohesive considering the kidnapped child had been played as pretty much nonexistent in S5 up to that point.

Nick didn’t need to feel anything for Adalind beyond concern and affection for the mother of his son to have an expected demonstrative reaction to learning Diana wasn’t with the Royals, and, was currently at risk of being taken by a group as violent as the Royals. But this goes to my overall complaint about the show - G & K didn’t write the characters’ stories, they wrote their stories and plugged in the characters behaving however best propelled a scene or storyline.

(12-26-2017, 06:41 AM)irukandji Wrote: One of the issues I think was missing from the Nick/Adalind relationship was fun. While it's brief, there is a scene after Juliette dies where Nick is looking at one of her dresses, appearing to be thinking of a fun time they spent together. That never seemed to ever happen between Nick and Adalind.
I’m pretty much in line with rpmaluki’s thoughts on this. Nick/Adalind didn’t have much positive interaction for Nick to reminisce about. Plus, Nick never felt that he’d lost Adalind during S5. He was focused on getting his son from Renard/BC, and although he acknowledged Adalind was in love with him, he never acted as though the woman he loved had been taken from him. It wasn’t until S6 that Nick suddenly experienced a rush of emotions and acknowledged his feelings for Adalind.

I think it was syscrash who brought up Nick’s feelings/reactions toward Juliette compared to Adalind. To me, that’s comparing apples to oranges. One relationship has a history spanning over six years that began from want/need while the other has a four-year history of violence and hatred that transitioned out of necessity and into a relationship over the course of two or less years. Nick/Adalind had a very brief relationship timeframe and a limited pool of fond memories to draw from in S6.

But. Despite the rushed progression and bad characterization/writing, I think the show used S6E7 to establish Nick/Adalind as a relationship that stood on it’s own. They behaved like a couple, like Nick/Juliette did in prior seasons. And when the spell was broken, Nick’s first and only concern was Adalind. He didn’t comfort Juliette thinking her outburst of accusations at Adalind might be genuine. In the season finale, Nick emotionally proclaimed he wanted Adalind back, Juliette was amongst wanting his friends back. Albeit last-minute, rushed, haphazard and heavy-handed, the show established Nick/Adalind in S6. I think if anything, G & K wanted to ensure that Juliette wasn’t disrespected by Nick/Adalind, but in the end, they failed to understand and express the validity of the three characters and both relationships.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - irukandji - 12-31-2017

(12-31-2017, 08:06 AM)Robyn Wrote: I’m pretty much in line with rpmaluki’s thoughts on this. Nick/Adalind didn’t have much positive interaction for Nick to reminisce about. Plus, Nick never felt that he’d lost Adalind during S5. He was focused on getting his son from Renard/BC, and although he acknowledged Adalind was in love with him, he never acted as though the woman he loved had been taken from him. It wasn’t until S6 that Nick suddenly experienced a rush of emotions and acknowledged his feelings for Adalind.

Robyn, I believe you're thinking of something else here. What I was saying is that Nick and Adalind never really had any fun together, which is something else altogether. I never saw Adalind surprise Nick with a gift. She was just always there.

Nick never once suggested that the two of them go out alone for a night on the town. It seemed like whenever they were outside the fome, they were with the scoobies. They didn't ever seem to have fun interacting with one another. That, to me, would have gone a long way toward establishing a special bond to show that they cared enough for one another to let their guard down. In other words, that they were revealing another side of themselves to each other.

Juliette apparently wore that dress as part of a night on the town, which suggests to me that she and Nick had fun with one another. It had nothing to do with reminiscing about Nick's past with Adalind. It had to do with Nick changing the present with Adalind.

I personally don't care to compare the two relationships. They are not the same. The creators put Nick and Adalind together. Their relationship should stand for more than just a child they had in common and a romp in bed every now and then.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Robyn - 12-31-2017

(12-31-2017, 08:37 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Robyn, I agree 100 percent with everything you said on your post, you even backed up one of my points I have being banging on constantly about how impossible it is to compare Juliette and Nick and Nick and Adalind relationships as it’s like apples and oranges. If we are being generous Nick and Adalind had been a couple about a year and were in a sort of courtship for about a year, the relationship spans about 2 years maybe slightly under. Nick and Juliette were togther from before the pilot and 4 years after that so to say he did this with Juliette but he didn’t do that with Adalind is a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

The death scenes were in totally different situations in Juliette’s death scene she was on her own with him Zerstorer had already left and he had more time to mourn.

The Adalind death scene occurred while Zerstorer was still attacking Monroe and Rosalee and all 3 including Adalind died wihin a brief time of each other then when Monroe died Zerstorer left for the cabin and Nick went over to a dying Monroe to compare the two scenes is just impossible.
I think we also have to consider the vast natural differences in the two relationships. Juliette wanted and needed a human’s interpretation of normal, which is completely justifiable and reasonable. It’s understandable that she didn’t want her children exposed to the violent and dangerous side of the Grimm/Wesen world, or want her children to become Grimm. In contrast, Adalind’s interpretation of normal was that her children have a stationary home safe from threats of attack and abduction. Adalind didn’t have any illusions of having children that would grow up as normal humans. For Adalind, the Grimm/Wesen world was normal, and the defining change for her was not wanting her children to experience the chaotic, criminal, and violent lifestyle she had grown up in. So with Adalind, Nick didn’t need to chose being a Grimm or creating a family because their heritage made it easier to blend the two.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Henry of green - 12-31-2017

In your opinion that’s all thier relationship stood for, Many others feel differently and others agree with you. both opinions are fine it’s all about which prospective your looking at it from, for example Nick and Juliette never shared a kiss even half as passionate as Nick and Adalinds kisses in 6x01. The closet they came to a kiss that passionate is when Juliette was turned into Adalind in 4x06.

(12-31-2017, 09:56 AM)Henry of green Wrote: In your opinion that’s all thier relationship stood for, Many others feel differently and others agree with you. both opinions are fine it’s all about which prospective your looking at it from, for example Nick and Juliette never shared a kiss even half as passionate as Nick and Adalinds kisses in 6x01. The closet they came to a kiss that passionate is when Juliette was turned into Adalind in 4x06.

Henry, please stop talking down to me by telling me it's my opinion and then going off into some diatribe about what others feel. I know it's my opinion and I can read what others feel. I get it.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Henry of green - 12-31-2017

How I’m I talking you down ,I am only saying that’s how you feel and that’s fine, it’s your opinion they had no fun scenes they had some fun scenes as others have explained like Adalind joking to invite the wiater into thier bed or joking about Nick not shaving or Joking about thier bloody kiss in 1x17 and Adalind saying that wasn’t a kiss. Did they go on much dates except Monroe’s birthday no beacuse as already has been explianed Nick and Adalind were only a proper couple in season 6 and Claire only had 11 episodes that season how on earth are they going to fit in Nick and Adalind dates. For the first 3 episodes they were separated by BC and Renard and then Zerstorer arrived. Once agian you are comparing apples and oranges to get to your conclusion, to say they had no fun is wrong. By the way did Nick and Juliette have a baby and a powerful child witch to look after during thier relationship, to compare the two relationships is just not possible.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - brandon - 12-31-2017

I do not see anything like it between them. The relationship between Nick and Juliette started as a normal relationship start getting: to know each other and go out without constraints.
The relationship between Nick and Adalind began by caring for a child - and protecction-. The situation in the city was not very good. I do not doubt that when they had a good nanny , would go out to eat or go the Cinema..
Monroe, Rosalee and Bud do not count because they would already have their own homework.

(12-31-2017, 10:11 AM)Henry of green Wrote: How I’m I talking you down ,I am only saying that’s how you feel every and that’s fine, it’s your opinion they had no fun scenes they had some fun scenes as other have explain like Adalind jocking to invite the wiater into thier bed or jocking about Nick not shaving or Jocking about thier bloody kiss in 1x17 and Adalind saying that wasn’t a kiss. Did they go on much dates except Monroe’s birthday no beacuse as already has been explianed Nick and Adalind were only a proper couple in season 6 and Claire only had 11 episodes that season how on earth are they going to fit in a Nick and Adalind dates For the first 3 episodes they were separated by BC and Renard and then Zerstorer arrived.

Just stop, that's all I'm asking. I get that you think my opinion's fine. It's not necessary to tell me in every post.

I'm merely pointing out that I don't see a lot between Nick and Adalind, other than some sex and doting over Kelly that ties them together. You bring up passionate kisses, but that still just comes down to sex.