Grimm Forum
Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why Nick and Adalind clicked (/Thread-Why-Nick-and-Adalind-clicked)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Henry of green - 12-29-2017

Izzy, you weren’t talking about the bird cuckold though your were talking about the other kind unless you were calling Nick a bird. Adalind rejected her fake husband Renard sexually in favour of Nick that makes him cuckolded. Funny post though it takes one to know one. You might slightly have a point if you were referring to Nick situation with Juliette and Renard in season 4 but technically they were broken up but if you wish you could probably say that’s cuckold situation.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - dicappatore - 12-29-2017

(12-29-2017, 11:16 AM)izzy Wrote:
(12-28-2017, 11:17 PM)Henry of green Wrote: The real Meaning of cuckold, Izzy

A husband of an adulteress, often regarded as an object of derision.
"jokes in literature about elderly cuckolds and misers are rife"
verb
verb: cuckold; 3rd person present: cuckolds; past tense: cuckolded; past participle: cuckolded; gerund or present participle: cuckolding
(of a man) make (another man) a cuckold by having a sexual relationship with his wife.
"in the novel Humberto cuckolds his employer"

Izzy, you clearly don’t know what Cuckold means if anyone was a Cuckold it was Renard Adalind hated him and Rejected sex with him in favour of Nick. It was Nick who Adalind was helping behind Renards back, to the public Renard also looks like a cuckold as she left him for Nick. If anyone is a luaghing stock in this situation it’s Renard. Renard wasn’t getting laid by Adalind and Nick was, so clearly Renard is a cuckold.

To quote Ronald Reagan in a paraphrase, the trouble with you is you "know so much that isn't so".

The origin of the word cuckold is derived from a species of bird: the cuckoo (French:cucu). Since you obviously would benefit from elucidation I shall precede. The cuckoo is what is known as a a nest parasite, which means it lays eggs in the nest of other birds for other birds to hatch and raise as their own. The birds that do the raising are in effect the cuckold.

Note who is raising Renard's child: Nick. Nick is a cuckold.

No izzy it is you that has f___ing clue on what you are talking about. All that crap about a bird is nothing but about the origin of the word and how it is related to it's usage. WTF has it to do with raising kids is not an opinio, it is just WRONG! As for the cuckold meaning of today is:

Merriam-Webster : Definition of cuckold
: a man whose wife is unfaithful

Here is the current Urban Dictionary: Cuckold
A man who willingly encourages his wife to sleep with other people because it brings him pleasure.

How you come up with this idea of a man raising a stepchild is a cuckold is dumbfound at best. I attest, Adalind has a tainted past, but since she affirmed her love for Nick, you have no proof of her cheating on him.

I guess with all you Nick haters have come to realize all your attacks are failing so badly that are now coming up with this type of reasoning crap.

I won't even mention threads like "Do you ever wonder if Monroe has any regrets about sliding back into the wesen world"
or "Nick and His Staff", which I thought it was about a body part that conceived Kelly.

You guys need to come up with much better topics. This forum is becoming "BORING" with some of you contributors lacking any kind of substance to even spend a few minutes reading such preposterous threads let alone take time to respond to them. Please, Please, do a better job at it. Make it challenging. if this is the best you can do?..........

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - New Guy - 12-29-2017

(12-28-2017, 08:58 PM)izzy Wrote:
(12-28-2017, 08:29 PM)irukandji Wrote: It's a funny thing about Nick and women. With the exception of Juliette, the women who've gotten closest to him are those who've managed to prove how powerless he was against them. There was the muse, Adalind, and Henrietta.

Maybe women see him as a tool, obviously not the sexual kind, but a pathetic little puppy-boy to be manipulated and bent to their will. Heck,he more or less was a cuckold to Renard so it fits and Henrietta could have had him on his knees serving her every whim in a heartbeat.

I don't know, you are the woman between us, Irukandji, what is your read of Nick?
Hello Izzy,
Welcome back to Forum. The threads continue to both amuse and bewilder.
Bringing up poor old Henrietta sent me to my main man, Google, and an old thread of yours came up:
http://grimmforum.com/forum/Thread-Why-was-Henrietta-killed?page=1
There was a lot of killing and death on the show. By the final episode nearly the entire cast was killed. But then a magic stick brought them back to life.
Some on the Forum say death is a metaphor. Of course I disagree. So off to Google and voila:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-are-the-demographics-of-heaven/
Quote:Roughly 100,825,272,791 people have ever died. Let’s call it 100.8 billion if you’re struggling to read a number that long.
How many of the 100B do you suppose came back from the dead, even for a brief cameo appearance?
N G

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - irukandji - 12-29-2017

Geesh, some people can't look outside the box. Or maybe I should say look past their staff. (I suppose sometimes you have to use a term that they understand. The origins of a word are just beyond their capabilities I guess).......

Quote:ORIGIN
late Old English, from Old French cucuault, from cucu ‘cuckoo’ (from the cuckoo's habit of laying its egg in another bird's nest). The equivalent words in French and other languages applied to both the bird and the adulterer; cuckold has never been applied to the bird in English.

(12-27-2017, 10:50 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hello Iruk,
Pardon my "popping in" however your post warrants comment.
You say:
Quote:Nick had his choice of getting married and having children or being a grimm.
That seems to imply that "getting married and having children" and "being a grimm" are mutually exclusive. That is obviously not true as proven by the marriage of Kelly Burkhardt (a Grimm) and Reed Burkhardt that produced a child, Nick Burkhardt. The book of Grimm Ancestry contained multiple examples of Grimm marriages and children:
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Grimm_Family_Tree

Hey New Guy-
Thanks for the grimm wiki insert on the grimm family tree. Have you looked at it? I had to laugh when I saw it. I think there were more question marks than actual grimms.

It's amazing to me that these grimms are so detailed about their entries in their diaries, even down to providing drawings of their encounters. Yet they can't even write down the names of their respective spouses.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - izzy - 12-29-2017

(12-29-2017, 01:28 PM)dicappatore Wrote:

verb
verb: cuckold; 3rd person present: cuckolds; past tense: cuckolded; past participle: cuckolded; gerund or present participle: cuckolding
(of a man) make (another man) a cuckold by having a sexual relationship with his wife.

Izzy, you clearly don’t know what Cuckold means if anyone was a Cuckold it was Renard Adalind hated him and Rejected sex with him in favour of Nick. It was Nick who Adalind was helping behind Renards back, to the public Renard also looks like a cuckold as she left him for Nick. If anyone is a luaghing stock in this situation it’s Renard. Renard wasn’t getting laid by Adalind and Nick was, so clearly Renard is a cuckold.

To quote Ronald Reagan in a paraphrase, the trouble with you is you "know so much that isn't so".

The origin of the word cuckold is derived from a species of bird: the cuckoo (French:cucu). Since you obviously would benefit from elucidation I shall precede. The cuckoo is what is known as a a nest parasite, which means it lays eggs in the nest of other birds for other birds to hatch and raise as their own. The birds that do the raising are in effect the cuckold.

No izzy it is you that has f___ing clue on what you are talking about. All that crap about a bird is nothing but about the origin of the word and how it is related to it's usage. WTF has it to do with raising kids is not an opinio, it is just WRONG! As for the cuckold meaning of today is:

A man who willingly encourages his wife to sleep with other people because it brings him pleasure.

How you come up with this idea of a man raising a stepchild is a cuckold is dumbfound at best. I attest, Adalind has a tainted past, but since she affirmed her love for Nick, you have no proof of her cheating on him.

I guess with all you Nick haters have come to realize all your attacks are failing so badly that are now coming up with this type of reasoning crap.

I won't even mention threads like "Do you ever wonder if Monroe has any regrets about sliding back into the wesen world"
or "Nick and His Staff", which I thought it was about a body part that conceived Kelly.

You guys need to come up with much better topics. This forum is becoming "BORING" with some of you contributors lacking any kind of substance to even spend a few minutes reading such preposterous threads let alone take time to respond to them. Please, Please, do a better job at it. Make it challenging. if this is the best you can do?..........

Was there some point to this sophomoric post other than to prove beyond a doubt that etymology is clearly a concept that alludes you?

That aside, perchance you are not aware that the forum has a feature called an ignore list. If you list someone on it you will not see posts and private messages from a specific user.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - New Guy - 12-29-2017

(12-29-2017, 05:48 PM)irukandji Wrote: Geesh, some people can't look outside the box. Or maybe I should say look past their staff. (I suppose sometimes you have to use a term that they understand. The origins of a word are just beyond their capabilities I guess).......

Quote:ORIGIN
late Old English, from Old French cucuault, from cucu ‘cuckoo’ (from the cuckoo's habit of laying its egg in another bird's nest). The equivalent words in French and other languages applied to both the bird and the adulterer; cuckold has never been applied to the bird in English.

(12-27-2017, 10:50 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hello Iruk,
Pardon my "popping in" however your post warrants comment.
You say:
Quote:Nick had his choice of getting married and having children or being a grimm.
That seems to imply that "getting married and having children" and "being a grimm" are mutually exclusive. That is obviously not true as proven by the marriage of Kelly Burkhardt (a Grimm) and Reed Burkhardt that produced a child, Nick Burkhardt. The book of Grimm Ancestry contained multiple examples of Grimm marriages and children:
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Grimm_Family_Tree

Hey New Guy-
Thanks for the grimm wiki insert on the grimm family tree. Have you looked at it? I had to laugh when I saw it. I think there were more question marks than actual grimms.

It's amazing to me that these grimms are so detailed about their entries in their diaries, even down to providing drawings of their encounters. Yet they can't even write down the names of their respective spouses.
Hi Iruk,
There are some blanks on the Grimm.Wiki ancestry charts. However, the contents of the Book of Grimm were likely quite complete and detailed. From 5.22, ""The Beginning of the End" Transcript [bold added]:
Quote:Monroe: I have a feeling we're gonna need her and whole lot more. [He picks up the Grimm lineage book] Oh, my God, this is one of the books my uncle Felix died for.
Rosalee: Oh, the Grimm ancestry book.
Monroe: Can you imagine if Black Claw got a hold of this?
Rosalee: They could hunt down and kill every Grimm.
and
Quote:Bonaparte: [He chuckles] No. I find that boring too. You have a book I want. We had just found out where it was In the hands of another Grimm, a Mr. Josef Nebojsa in Prague. We tracked it to a book dealer in Leipzig and then here to Portland. Turns out the book dealer who bought it is related to a friend of yours. The book dealer was Blutbaden, yet he chose to give the book to a Grimm. I believe that you now have that book, and you will give it to me.
Nick: All of this for a book?
Bonaparte: The book is one of a kind. It documents every Grimm, living or dead.:
Can you name Juliette's mother and father? Can you name even one of Juliette's descendants LOL Big Grin
N G

(12-29-2017, 08:15 PM)New Guy Wrote: Can you name Juliette's mother and father? Can you name even one of Juliette's descendants LOL Big Grin
N G

I can't and this has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time now. It's an injustice to her character that she was not given a family and the others were.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - izzy - 12-29-2017

(12-29-2017, 01:55 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hello Izzy,
Welcome back to Forum. The threads continue to both amuse and bewilder.

Ah yes, I had heard tell that a couple of boisterous, boorish, belligerent, brutish blackguards had devolved the forum with their sophomoric antics, pedestrian logic, and plebeian understanding. It is interesting to witness it in person. That aside...

Quote:Bringing up poor old Henrietta sent me to my main man, Google, and an old thread of yours came up:
http://grimmforum.com/forum/Thread-Why-was-Henrietta-killed?page=1

That was an interesting thread, given the speculation. In the end, I now suspect, the writers did it merely to have a device for bringing a hexenbiest back if need be. I may go back and revive that thread.

Quote:How many of the 100B do you suppose came back from the dead, even for a brief cameo appearance?

300,437(I guessed). I actually thought about what we consider death and surmise that even in prehistoric times it is likely that some people actually came back from death as a result of happenstance. However I am only talking about what would be considered clinically dead. You don't have to look back farther than the death of George Washington to realize that being buried while still alive was a very real fear.

But of course I must ask your view on the matter.

A pleasure hearing from you.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - dicappatore - 12-29-2017

(12-29-2017, 07:25 PM)izzy Wrote:
(12-29-2017, 01:28 PM)dicappatore Wrote:

verb

Was there some point to this sophomoric post other than to prove beyond a doubt that etymology is clearly a concept that alludes you?

That aside, perchance you are not aware that the forum has a feature called an ignore list. If you list someone on it you will not see posts and private messages from a specific user.
If you had any conviction on your post, you would answer the challenge instead of doing like some other fake contributors do, redirect the argument.

And in replying to your point? Yea, you need High School English lessons, emphasis on Vocabulary and some side reading on "History of Words".

As for the ignore list? These posts aren't just meant for you. They are also directed to other contributors, to inform them in exposing the BS like I have done to some others whom have acquired the taste of CROW!

(12-29-2017, 08:53 PM)izzy Wrote: Ah yes, I had heard tell that a couple of boisterous, boorish, belligerent, brutish blackguards had devolved the forum with their sophomoric antics, pedestrian logic, and plebeian understanding. It is interesting to witness it in person. That aside...

(laughs)