Grimm Forum
Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why Nick and Adalind clicked (/Thread-Why-Nick-and-Adalind-clicked)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - irukandji - 12-28-2017

(12-28-2017, 08:58 PM)izzy Wrote: Maybe women see him as a tool, obviously not the sexual kind, but a pathetic little puppy-boy to be manipulated and bent to their will. Heck,he more or less was a cuckold to Renard so it fits and Henrietta could have had him on his knees serving her every whim in a heartbeat.

I don't know, you are the woman between us, Irukandji, what is your read of Nick?

Remember when we were talking about how Nick was able to see the invisible woge and how useless that was, Izzy? I was thinking something along the same line here. These grimms are supposed to be the terror of the wesen world. But yet here are three little women who manage to reduce Nick to hardly more than a puddle just by using sex. What good are xray eyes against that power?

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - izzy - 12-28-2017

(12-28-2017, 09:13 PM)irukandji Wrote: Remember when we were talking about how Nick was able to see the invisible woge and how useless that was, Izzy? I was thinking something along the same line here. These grimms are supposed to be the terror of the wesen world. But yet here are three little women who manage to reduce Nick to hardly more than a puddle. What good are xray eyes against the power of sex?

Hmmmm...true story. I taught women's self defense, rape prevention classes for over a decade. Sadly more than one student contacted me after the fact and informed me she had successfully used the knowledge I imparted when necessary.

For the sake of decorum, I'll just say I taught women how to selectively use their sexuality to disarm a man's natural defenses and allow them to get the upper hand in an altercation. And I am ashamed to say, I am as vulnerable to said techniques as any man. Men, are in general, powerless against women's sexuality. It is a sad truth. My point is, it isn't just Nick.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - irukandji - 12-28-2017

(12-28-2017, 09:20 PM)izzy Wrote: Hmmmm...true story. I taught women's self defense, rape prevention classes for over a decade. Sadly more than one student contacted me after the fact and informed me she had successfully used the knowledge I imparted when necessary.

For the sake of decorum, I'll just say I taught women how to selectively use their sexuality to disarm a man's natural defenses and allow them to get the upper hand in an altercation. And I am ashamed to say, I am as vulnerable to said techniques as any man. Men, are in general, powerless against women's sexuality. It is a sad truth. My point is, it isn't just Nick.

But yet, there are male characters in the show who seem to be able to show restraint. Monroe is one that I can immediately think of, but then I got the impression from the start that his relationship with Rosalee was on a much more mature level than Nick's was with Adalind.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - izzy - 12-28-2017

(12-28-2017, 09:32 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-28-2017, 09:20 PM)izzy Wrote: Hmmmm...true story. I taught women's self defense, rape prevention classes for over a decade. Sadly more than one student contacted me after the fact and informed me she had successfully used the knowledge I imparted when necessary.

But yet, there are male characters in the show who seem to be able to show restraint. Monroe is one that I can immediately think of, but then I got the impression from the start that his relationship with Rosalee was on a much more mature level than Nick's was with Adalind.

Likely. It is rather the classic difference between leg men and boob men. Nick is clearly a boob man. Leg men almost always seem to consider the total person, boob men, it is just about the boobies. Heck Adalind didn't need to try to get Nick, the natural biological effect of pregnancy was all she needed.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - rpmaluki - 12-28-2017

(12-28-2017, 10:01 PM)izzy Wrote: Likely. It is rather the classic difference between leg men and boob men. Nick is clearly a boob man. Leg men almost always seem to consider the total person, boob men, it is just about the boobies. Heck Adalind didn't need to try to get Nick, the natural biological effect of pregnancy was all she needed.
Apparently Nick is both as seen in the episode where he gives her a shirt to sleep in. The deleted scene of the morning after shows a Nick eyeing her legs and backside.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Henry of green - 12-28-2017

[quote='izzy' pid='67172' dateline='1514519923']

Maybe women see him as a tool, obviously not the sexual kind, but a pathetic little puppy-boy to be manipulated and bent to their will. Heck,he more or less was a cuckold to Renard so it fits and Henrietta could have had him on his knees serving her every whim in a heartbeat.

Nick is not as pathetic as you make him seem he is a very good looking guy with a well paid job, how exactly is that pathetic.

The real Meaning of cuckold, Izzy

A husband of an adulteress, often regarded as an object of derision.
"jokes in literature about elderly cuckolds and misers are rife"
verb
verb: cuckold; 3rd person present: cuckolds; past tense: cuckolded; past participle: cuckolded; gerund or present participle: cuckolding
(of a man) make (another man) a cuckold by having a sexual relationship with his wife.
"in the novel Humberto cuckolds his employer"

Izzy, If anyone was a Cuckold it was Renard Adalind hated him and Rejected sex with him in favour of Nick. It was Nick who Adalind was helping behind Renards back, to the public Renard also looks like a cuckold as she left him for Nick. If anyone is a luaghing stock in this situation it’s Renard. Renard wasn’t getting laid by Adalind and Nick was, so clearly Renard is a cuckold.

Juliette and nick were broken up in season 4 when she slept with Renard so he is not a cuckold in that situation etheir.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - rpmaluki - 12-28-2017

(12-28-2017, 08:58 PM)izzy Wrote: Maybe women see him as a tool, obviously not the sexual kind, but a pathetic little puppy-boy to be manipulated and bent to their will. Heck,he more or less was a cuckold to Renard so it fits and Henrietta could have had him on his knees serving her every whim in a heartbeat.
Henrettia was using her powers on Nick, I'm sure any man would have submitted to her witchy wiles.

As for which guy is the cuckold between Nick and Renard, I'm leaning towards former mayor-elect Prince Sean Renard who was rejected for a commoner and a subordinate. His fiance and "mother of his children" left him for one of his detectives. If you referring to Juliette sleeping with Sean, apparently that's a once off that both parties are pretending never happened. If you referring to Juliette and Kenneth, well Nick dealt with that royal.

6x02 even plays on rivalry between the two men. When meeting wit Nick at the loft, Renard told Nick Adalind rejected his pleas for help and Nick smugly replied she didn't reject his and there's a double meaning behind the exchange. Renard saltily comments on finding Adalind at the loft with Nick. Although Renard wins the day at the end of the episode, Nick pretty much out plays Renard an episode later Renard concedes to someone he considers his lesser. It had to be humiliating for him.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - izzy - 12-29-2017

(12-28-2017, 11:10 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(12-28-2017, 10:01 PM)izzy Wrote: Likely. It is rather the classic difference between leg men and boob men. Nick is clearly a boob man. Leg men almost always seem to consider the total person, boob men, it is just about the boobies. Heck Adalind didn't need to try to get Nick, the natural biological effect of pregnancy was all she needed.
Apparently Nick is both as seen in the episode where he gives her a shirt to sleep in. The deleted scene of the morning after shows a Nick eyeing her legs and backside.

Well, she is an alluring wench for sure. Yep...(pig mode on)

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - irukandji - 12-29-2017

It may go beyond the superficial, Izzy. Nick was raised by dominant women.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - izzy - 12-29-2017

(12-28-2017, 11:17 PM)Henry of green Wrote: The real Meaning of cuckold, Izzy

A husband of an adulteress, often regarded as an object of derision.
"jokes in literature about elderly cuckolds and misers are rife"
verb
verb: cuckold; 3rd person present: cuckolds; past tense: cuckolded; past participle: cuckolded; gerund or present participle: cuckolding
(of a man) make (another man) a cuckold by having a sexual relationship with his wife.
"in the novel Humberto cuckolds his employer"

Izzy, you clearly don’t know what Cuckold means if anyone was a Cuckold it was Renard Adalind hated him and Rejected sex with him in favour of Nick. It was Nick who Adalind was helping behind Renards back, to the public Renard also looks like a cuckold as she left him for Nick. If anyone is a luaghing stock in this situation it’s Renard. Renard wasn’t getting laid by Adalind and Nick was, so clearly Renard is a cuckold.

To quote Ronald Reagan in a paraphrase, the trouble with you is you "know so much that isn't so".

The origin of the word cuckold is derived from a species of bird: the cuckoo (French:cucu). Since you obviously would benefit from elucidation I shall precede. The cuckoo is what is known as a a nest parasite, which means it lays eggs in the nest of other birds for other birds to hatch and raise as their own. The birds that do the raising are in effect the cuckold.

Note who is raising Renard's child: Nick. Nick is a cuckold.