Grimm Forum
Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why Nick and Adalind clicked (/Thread-Why-Nick-and-Adalind-clicked)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - rpmaluki - 12-28-2017

Unless by wife you mean someone held against their will and forced to suffer being in a relationship with "danger magnet" Nick Burkhart, yeah I guess it's not fair on the wife that she's with a grimm, but that's not Adalind is it?

Juliette and Adalind both made their free will choice to be with Nick, knowing the kind of lifestyle he lived. Juliette went nuts after suffering consequences of her choices to stay and be with Nick and taking on the risks like everyone else in his life. The difference is that Adalind isn't regretting her life now, she's made her fair share of bad choices to regret for a lifetime and according to her, being with Nick isn't one of those regrets. Like i said Adalind isn't a novice or blind innocent to the dangers of the wesen world, she's a wesen herself, one that's instinctively hated or/and feared by other most wesen, with her powers back, she can more than take care of herself. On her own she's made enemies of powerful people, I'm certain Nick isn't the only potential problem in their relationship. In fact one would say they are two peas in a pod, who come from opposite sides of the moral spectrum and are hazardous to the other whether the want to or not.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Henry of green - 12-28-2017

(12-28-2017, 05:22 AM)irukandji Wrote: You seem to be implying that I'm somehow defending Renard for the muse incident. I am not. I'm simply stating he forced her to leave town and Juliette cleaned up the mess that was Nick afterward.

Nick has a bizarre life. He knows that. I think he avoided marriage becaus e the that is not the usual burden a man would place on his spouse. He may not meet up with a muse. He might meet up with some other kind of wesen, contract something that Rosalee might not be able to cure, and just have to live with it. That wouldn't be fair to a wife. These are all mights, but the more Nick risks himself as a defender in the wesen world, the greater his chances of becoming a victim.

Adalind life is no less biazzare than Nicks that’s what you seem to be missing here, Adalind is a hexenbiest hated by all other wesen just like grimms. He is not placing any burden on her she has a half Grimm son and a very powerful daughter Diania’s life is even more bizarre than than even Nicks life. Adalind was raised in this biiazzre world so what your saying makes no sense. Your speaking of Adalind as if she is Juliette of the first few seasons she’s not, Adalinds of this world unlike Juliette she has zero problems with the Grimm world so much so she brought her kids up as Grimm's. Adalind is infact just as likely to get Nick in trouble as he is her who’s to say the Royals suddenly won’t decide they want Diania agian or who’s to say the gyspy queen from season 3 doesn’t come back looking revenge on Adalind for breaking the deal for Diania or that the melefers from 1x03 don’t come after Adalind agian. Adalind has as much enemies as Nick both made a lot of enemies over the years.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - rpmaluki - 12-28-2017

Nick's life is full of danger yet these women chose/are choosing to stay with him, so why is that his fault when they could easily walk away and begin their safe lives away from him, nevermind that trouble follows Adalind wherever she goes?

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - irukandji - 12-28-2017

(12-28-2017, 11:59 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Nick's life is full of danger yet these women chose/are choosing to stay with him, so why is that his fault when they could easily walk away and begin their safe lives away from him, nevermind that trouble follows Adalind wherever she goes?

I don't recall stating it was Nick's fault. I was speculating on why he might be avoiding marriage. His life is bizarre and dangerous. He might be thinking that it's unfair to marry a woman because as a wife, she would be burdened with the consequences he faces as a grimm.

For all of the talk about his mother being married, I see she never took the plunge after Reed was killed and she was only 34 years old. Marie never got married either. We know nothing of their brother.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - dicappatore - 12-28-2017

rp, NG, Henry, wesen & brandon, I wish I had a dime for all the contradictions you guys have exposed, of some of the contributors, for the past few days. Happy New Year.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - izzy - 12-28-2017

(12-28-2017, 05:22 AM)irukandji Wrote: Nick has a bizarre life. He knows that. I think he avoided marriage because that is not the usual burden a man would place on his spouse.

I must say, I think you are giving Nick entirely too much credit. You reference him a a man, I see him as an arrested adolescent who has trouble seeing beyond himself.

If he was a man he would have cleanly ended it with Juliette, he would not have pressured Monroe into assisting him, and he would have counsels Truble to walk a different path in life, among a plethora of other things.

(12-28-2017, 07:27 PM)izzy Wrote:
(12-28-2017, 05:22 AM)irukandji Wrote: Nick has a bizarre life. He knows that. I think he avoided marriage because that is not the usual burden a man would place on his spouse.

I must say, I think you are giving Nick entirely too much credit. You reference him a a man, I see him as an arrested adolescent who has trouble seeing beyond himself.

If he was a man he would have cleanly ended it with Juliette, he would not have pressured Monroe into assisting him, and he would have counsels Truble to walk a different path in life, among a plethora of other things.

lol, I was trying to come up with a reason why he never married.

(12-28-2017, 07:39 PM)irukandji Wrote: lol, I was trying to come up with a reason why he never married.

I'd say, lack of opportunity. Do you know very many 35 year old women who want to marry a guy suffering from terminal Peter Pan syndrome? Juliette wisely rejected him. I mean I am sure he could go down to the bus stop in El Paso and find some knocked up illegal alien chick to marry him for a chance at citizenship or some crack whore somewhere, but I sincerely doubt any healthy, well adjusted actual women is going to be lining up to for the man-cub.

Actually I always thought the lack of Exs in Nick's life was rather telling. My experience is women sort of have an A-list of guys and they sort of keep track of them. And when there is a lull in said guys love life they make a sorte at said fellow. The fact Nick had no Exs swooping in after the Juliette problems sort of tells me he was on no woman's A-list, nor B-list nor on anyone's must take a pleasure cruise on list.

It's a funny thing about Nick and women. With the exception of Juliette, the women who've gotten closest to him are those who've managed to prove how powerless he was against them. There was the muse, Adalind, and Henrietta.

(12-28-2017, 08:29 PM)irukandji Wrote: It's a funny thing about Nick and women. With the exception of Juliette, the women who've gotten closest to him are those who've managed to prove how powerless he was against them. There was the muse, Adalind, and Henrietta.

Maybe women see him as a tool, obviously not the sexual kind, but a pathetic little puppy-boy to be manipulated and bent to their will. Heck,he more or less was a cuckold to Renard so it fits and Henrietta could have had him on his knees serving her every whim in a heartbeat.

I don't know, you are the woman between us, Irukandji, what is your read of Nick?