Grimm Forum
Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why Nick and Adalind clicked (/Thread-Why-Nick-and-Adalind-clicked)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - irukandji - 12-27-2017

Juliette didn't struggle to accept Nick's proposals. He proposed once and she refused. There was no struggle. She was open and honest with him.

And in this day and age, there are actually more single people than married people.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Henry of green - 12-27-2017

(12-27-2017, 08:59 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 08:22 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: In the end he chose his family and would have stuck by that decision if his ghost mother and aunt never paid him a visit, grimming seemed to take a back seat to having Adalind, Diana, his son and his friends back. This isn't the same Nick that placed his relationship at the far end of the spectrum over his Grimm.

(12-27-2017, 08:15 AM)irukandji Wrote: I don't see where Nick desired marriage all that greatly. I recall him talking about it with Hank, but during the same conversation, greatly expressed the desire to be a grimm. Because he placed marriage and children at the opposite end from being a grimm in his immediate world, I believe he considered that if he accepted one way of life, the other was out of the question.
Unfortunately what you believe isn't substantiated by the script/or show. It's an opinion I'm okay to dismiss as nothing more than that. You believe what you want, I'll stick to the show.

Nick did not take Adalind in in some kind of attempt to have a family. He took her in to protect her and her son. Nick had no sayso with regard to Kelly. It was Adalind who confided in him that he was about to become a father. I believe his choice would have been not to have children at all.

But that aside, okay, he eventually accepted Kelly and Adalind as family. I still don't see how that suddenly equates to marriage. I believe Nick was wise in not marrying Adalind. While Kelly and Adalind are his family, tying Adalind to him in marriage would never have been a good decision. Adalind should be free to leave at any time, should she wish.

You can certainly believe as you wish, but I don't see anything in your posts to substantiate that marriage was on the forefront of Nick's mind during the entire series. The topic of marriage rarely came up between Juliette and Nick in the time they were together. I never saw it coming up at all between Nick and Adalind.

That really annoys you to the core doesn’t it ,Irk, that Adalind didn’t want to leave Nick because your opinion of Nick is so low. Though there was nothing that even hinted on the show that Adalind would want to leave nick. Adalind script quotes below.

I don't care if this is a mistake.
I love you.

DOOR CLICKS OPEN) Is Nick dead? No.
What did you do to him? - Not much.
- Is he okay? - He's alive.
- Well, then how are you here? What are you doing still alive? Thanks for your concern.
You and Bonaparte went to kill Nick.
Why should I be concerned about you?

I'm so happy to hear your voice.
Are you all right? Yeah, are you? Renard was here.
He told me what happened.
He said Bonaparte's dead.
Is that true? Yeah, but I didn't kill him.
I know.
Renard said he did.
Where is he now? I don't know.
He left.
Nick, I really need to see you.

What is that? An engagement ring for me and Renard.
Bonaparte put it there And not normally.
He said if I ever took it off, it would cause great pain to my children.
I hate it, but I'm afraid to take it off without knowing how to break the spell.
Even if he's dead, it could still survive.
We'll find a way to break it.
I need to be with you.
(BABY COOING) And what about Diana? - She's with you now.
- I don't know.
I know she wants me and her father to be together, but I'm afraid of what she might do.
You don't know how powerful she is.
But I hate him.
I hate all of this.
I got to get out of here.
You can't leave yet, not until I deal with Renard.

Irk, does this really sound like a women that wouldn’t marry Nick if he asked I dare to doubt and this is barley scratching the surface of Adalinds expressed feelings for Nick.

Also below Claire Coffee describing exactly what her charecter wants.

Nick and Adalind have quite the history. What would you like to see happen for them?

I try not to think, “Oh, what would I like to see?’ because it’s so different for me as an actress vs. for Adalind. I think what Adalind would like is to be back with Nick, be happy, and be able to establish a family with him.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s06e01

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s06e01

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s05e11

(12-27-2017, 12:20 PM)Henry of green Wrote: That really annoys you to the core doesn’t it ,Irk, that Adalind didn’t want to leave Nick because your opinion of Nick is so low. Thought was nothing that even hinted on the show that Adalind would want to leave nick. Adalind script quoutes below.

Wasn't the debate about whether Nick and Adalind got married?

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - rpmaluki - 12-27-2017

I meant there was a conflict within Juliette in accepting the proposal the first time. She couldn't accept it despite wanting to because she knew she was lying.

There being more single people in the world than married doesn't discount Nick wanting to be married. Just because Juliette couldn't be the woman he married, doesn't mean Adalind isn't the one. They both loved one another and valued their family being together Nick never changed his mind over marriage. We have proof of him buying a ring and proposing, so he's not averse to asking Adalind should he be so inclined and he was in love her. She was the woman he couldn't live without and she adored him enough that she'd never turn him down should he ask her, he's asked her to do far less and more questionable things and never balked or hesitated. I accept they are married from the "mom and dad" comment from Diana and Kelly signing "Burkhardt" instead of Schade-Burkhardt. Everything else after that from writers interviews is just confirmation of what I saw on screen. It's not necessary at all but I certainly appreciate it.

(12-27-2017, 11:59 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 11:55 AM)Henry of green Wrote: He tried to propose to Juliette a number of times after season 1 in season 3 as I have already mentioned but you’ve chose to ignore.

He actually proposed once, henry. "Trying to propose" means nothing, especially if he's as anxious to get married as you seem to imply.

(12-27-2017, 11:55 AM)Henry of green Wrote: By the way here is the runners Grimm wiki explanation of why they have Nick and Adalinds status as married at the end of the series after a poster posed the question to them.

As you yourself stated earlier, it's up to the reader to decide if they should believe grimm wiki or not. I do not because it's not part of the canon as you yourself often point out.

Irk, canon G&k are the ultimate canon and you dismissed them at times so does canon matter to you, when they siad Nick and Adalind are still together in the epilogue I believe you even called them liars. Plus G&k often used Grimm wiki to keep on top of the Grimm world they created so it is a very good source. But I also agree with you G&k only siad they were together not married so yes you can dismiss Grimm wiki if you wish. But they are a much more reliable source for Grimm than any other site.

(12-27-2017, 12:26 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 12:20 PM)Henry of green Wrote: That really annoys you to the core doesn’t it ,Irk, that Adalind didn’t want to leave Nick because your opinion of Nick is so low. Thought was nothing that even hinted on the show that Adalind would want to leave nick. Adalind script quoutes below.

Nick's feelings for Adalind was the debate. I remember you saying Nick wasn't the marrying type and several pages later, here we all are.

(12-27-2017, 12:27 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: I accept they are married from the "mom and dad" comment from Diana and Kelly signing "Burkhardt" instead of Schade-Burkhardt. Everything else after that from writers interviews is just confirmation of what I saw on screen. It's not necessary at all but I certainly appreciate it.

Nick and Adalind do not have to be married for Kelly to shorten his name to Burkhardt. As for Diana, I understood her name was Diana Schade-Renard. That's an entirely different story and Nick would need to adopt her in order for her to take on his name.

(12-27-2017, 12:39 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 12:27 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: I accept they are married from the "mom and dad" comment from Diana and Kelly signing "Burkhardt" instead of Schade-Burkhardt. Everything else after that from writers interviews is just confirmation of what I saw on screen. It's not necessary at all but I certainly appreciate it.

Nick and Adalind do not have to be married for Kelly to shorten his name to Burkhardt. As for Diana, I understood her name was Diana Schade-Renard. That's an entirely different story and Nick would need to adopt her in order for her to take on his name.

Very likely but it still doesn't conclusively mean Nick and Adalind aren't in fact married.

(12-27-2017, 12:37 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(12-27-2017, 12:26 PM)irukandji Wrote:

Nick's feelings for Adalind was the debate. I remember you saying Nick wasn't the marrying type and several pages later, here we all are.

I actually was not the one who brought up that Nick was married.

Neither did I was just answering ,new guys, question with evidence reciegnized from a website the Grimm writers admitted using to help them throughout the show. So you may disagree with Grimm wiki but it’s a much better source than you, unless the Grimm writers visited you asking for help. They also based nick and Adalind being married on actual evidence from the Grimm writers and the show it’s self.