Grimm Forum
Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why Nick and Adalind clicked (/Thread-Why-Nick-and-Adalind-clicked)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Henry of green - 12-26-2017

(12-26-2017, 10:12 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:Henry of green Wrote:
Below this is Nicks relationship status at the end of the series on Grimm Wikipedia they have Adalind as his wife because of G&k post mortum interviews stating they were still togther after 20 years. So it’s hinted that they may have married they are definitely together according to G&K and how the show ended, but really it’s up to you decide if you agree with grimm wiki that they married.

In all honesty, I don't believe they married. I don't see Nick as the marrying kind.
I could see Nick marry out of duty. Doing it out of love. They just did not show that kind of passion in the relationship. More then once when asked about Adalind he responded she is the mother of my child. For that reason I could see him marry Adalind.

Once agian you quote Nick from before he loved Adalind he didn’t love Adalind yet when he told Monroe that, Nicks words about Adalind in season 6 ,I love you , I thought I’d go crazy without you. So you believe what ever keeps you happy me I’ll take the show as my evidence for thier love. As for passion the Nick and Adalind kisses in 6x01 were more passionate than any kiss he shared with Juliette. The closest Nick and Juliette got to that level of passion is when she was wearing Adalinds face on 4x06 of season 4. Also Nick and Adalinds extended sex scene that was cut is probably the only thing close to a full sex scene Grimm ever filmed. So for me atleast they certainly didn’t lack passion. Nick was deeply in love with Juliette at one time certainly but he loves Adalind now wether you accept it or not. Personally though if you want to believe Juliette is the only woman Nick ever loved go a head I have no problem with that at all. The actor playing Nick has said on more than one occasion he loves Adalind and loves Juliette as a friend as have G&k you just wont acccept it and that’s fine you don’t have to.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - rpmaluki - 12-26-2017

(12-26-2017, 10:12 PM)syscrash Wrote: I could see Nick marry out of duty. Doing it out of love. They just did not show that kind of passion in the relationship. More then once when asked about Adalind he responded she is the mother of my child. For that reason I could see him marry Adalind.
You seem to forget his confession of love to Adalind in 6x12. Marrying Adalind wouldn't be out of duty at this stage. Nick protecting Adalind at the beginning of S5 was out of duty. He had sex with her because he had the hots for her. At the end of S6, he's in love. You seem to be looking for one particular thing to prove that they loved each other when and ignoring what was written because of your own ideas about love. You say they lacked passion, I don't. They had more passion in a few handful scenes than four seasons' worth of Nick and Juliette being in love. For you, they couldn't be in love because to you passion reads: outward appearances of love like going out to dinner, buying flowers etc but I guarantee you this isn't the only ingredient to love or being in love. As beautifully seen in "Anna Karenina", Anna may have had wild passion for her lover but it was her husband who truly loved her and I can argue that she truly loved her husband in return but was blinded the false trappings of love she found in the other guy and ended her story quite tragically as a result.

The definition of passion is "strong and barely controllable emotion" and this is what Nick ultimately had for Adalind at the end. Ignoring it doesn't make Nick's deep feelings for Adalind to go away.

(12-26-2017, 10:45 PM)Henry of green Wrote: Once agian you quoute Nick from before he loved Adalind he didn’t love Adalind yet when he told Monroe that, Nicks words about Adalind in season 6 ,I love , I thought I’d go crazy without you. So you believe what ever keeps you happy me I’ll take the show as my evidence for thier love. As for passion the Nick and Adalind kiss 6x01 were more passionate with any kiss he shared with Juliette. The closest Nick and Juliette got to that level of passion is when she was waering Adalinds face on 4x6 of season 4.
Yes Nick expreses, in his own limited way, the strength of his feelings for her. First when she left we know he wanted his son back but his feelings for Adalind only start slipping out when he talked with Trubel about Adalind "leaving" him. We see it in his eagerness in kissing her passionately the first time he sees her at the mansion and just before he leaves and in his conversation with her in 6x04 about almost "going crazy" without her. He mentions a second how affected he was when he found her gone later that night. A person who's not in love wouldn't have cared about Adalind leaving them or getting her back. If all he truly wanted/loved was his son, he's a grown man and would have said so.

Another thing during the Blind Love episode Nick was indifferent towards Juliette/Eve during that whole weekend away and more so when she threw herself at him. Before Nick laid eyes on Rosalee, he behaved oddly but he still acted like he was in a relationship with Adalind when he fetched her a cup of coffee while she stayed in bed. He had zero romantic feelings towards the woman who was his ex before and after the spell. And Adalind is the first thought he has once the spell is broken. There was no hesitation on his part, not even when Juliette/Eve was standing right next to him.

Nick has suffered loss over the course of the show and his life I believe that makes him reserved in expressing himself. Juliette once said she had to basically coax him into celebrating Christmas or something. So Nick was reserved when he first started dating Juliette and worked towards loosening up which is where we find him in 1x01. Unsurprisingly he's also extremely reserved with Adalind until circumstances forced his hand (Bonaparte and Zerstörer) I imagine he will loosen up over time and we know he did enough to maintain a twenty year relationship with Adalind.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - irukandji - 12-27-2017

Nick bought a ring, stuck it in his dresser drawer, took it out once to propose to Juliette, put it back in his dresser drawer, *thought* about proposing, but never did and left the ring in the dresser drawer. He's not the marrying kind.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - brandon - 12-27-2017

that you believe.
Nick lost his parents and innocence.
I think part of why it's so reserved and mature, serious.
Juliette had told her that her aunt and he did not celebrate Christmas because they constantly moved around besides not having much interest in Christmas traditions
and that's why it would not be so demonstrative.
I always imagined that Monroe and Nick would have embraced, if they were not so self-conscious-I mean a friend's hug,not gay-(3x03)
I do not know why other men in the forum bother about why Nick did not say Adalind:
"I love you",when there are still certain concepts about men that say they should not be so demonstrative.As well as women if they can cry and it is frowned upon that a man does.
They are old beliefs.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Henry of green - 12-27-2017

Nick asked Juliette to marry him she turned him down clearly he is the marrying kind, it’s Juliette who’s clearly not the marrying kind. Nick tried to propose to Juliette twice the first time she outright turns him down the second time they are interrupted by Adalind and Diania. But right before that scene she saw him with the ring and said may be someday not now so she clearly would have rejected him again. Some of the first words nick utters in the series is that he is a one woman man and he’s only getting married once unlike Hank . It’s totally agasint what was shown on screen to claim he’s not the marrying type it was Juliette who turned down his proposal not the other way around. Clearly you missed season 1 episode 16 were Nick gets down on one knee and proposers and Juliette rejects him he was devastated so clearly he was desperate to marry and Juliette wasn’t.

Henry, you're making excuses. Juliette gave an adult reason and proved herself a loving and loyal partner to Nick. It just wasn't in him to take the plunge.

Your ae drifting from the show it’s proven fact Nick wanted to marry what you said above about nick not wanting to marry, that is false it’s not tue at all. I will bring you script of how many times Nick mentioned marriage. Juliette on the other hand always showed very little interest in getting married any time soon.

You mean because he proposed once in season one that's a given of wanting to marry?

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - brandon - 12-27-2017

Juliette reject it because felt he was hiding secrets-season 1-.Then when he saw the ring in the drawer, she told him that first they should take care of a wedding or something like that.-season 3 -.
She did not want the "GRIMM"-She told her that she was tired, that it had happened to be the..-season 3 x 22-.
what would she want? children?.
Had a stable job, good reason for people to think about having a family.

He was also about to propose agian only Juliette stoped him at the drawer then he was going to propose agian befoe Adalind and Diania showed up to interrupt. In his first first scene of the show he is talking about marrying Juliette to hank outside the jewelry store. Irk, you have made some strange arguments in the past but this one has to take the biscuit. You are entitled to your opinion but this one dose t match up with the show at all.