Grimm Forum
Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why Nick and Adalind clicked (/Thread-Why-Nick-and-Adalind-clicked)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Henry of green - 12-26-2017

My guess would be after Adalind left for the BC mansion I think that made Nick realize what he had with Adalind because when he saw her again in 6x01 he practically ran to the mansion to see Adalind and they had some vey passionate scenes at the mansion. He showed no hesitation in his feelings for Adalind in that episode.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - syscrash - 12-26-2017

The point I was making is the script had Nick and Adalind profess their love for each other. Yet the writers did not give us any scenes where we saw romance in their relationship. As for Nick and Eve, Nick was not in love with Eve. He was in love with Juliette. During the last death scene he was holding Juliette. At least that is what he called her. Just like he did in the first death scene. I am not sure what point people are trying to make when they use time to support an argument. This is a scripted show. There is no such thing as time. Things are written to make a point.
So what is the point the writers are trying to say about Nick and Adalind when there relationship shows less romance then Nick and Juliette or Monroe and Rosalee. Are we to infer that Adalind will never replace Juliette. or is it his aunts warning that anyone in his life is in danger so he is keeping his distance. Or is it as simple as the writers where not sure if the audience would accept Adalind replacing Juliette. It is as if the writers want Adalind to be seen as reformed but not redeemed. After sleeping with Adalind, Nick is shown laying there thinking about her trying to kill Hank. There are many scenes the writers could have shown. But they choose to use one of Adalinds most heartless acts.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - New Guy - 12-26-2017

(12-26-2017, 04:01 PM)Henry of green Wrote: My guess would be after Adalind left for the BC mansion I think that made Nick realize what he had with Adalind because when he saw her again in 6x01 he practically ran to the mansion to see Adalind and they had some vey passionate scenes at the mansion. He showed no hesitation in his feelings for Adalind in that episode.
Hi Henry,
You may be right. He should have made his ILY then and there.
By the way you may know Claire Coffee is married to Chris Thile. Some of us consider him to be the best Mandolin player alive:
https://www.ranker.com/list/greatest-mandolinists-of-all-time/ranker-music
I have seen him live with both Nickel Creek and Punch Brothers. Here he is playing Jessamyn's Reel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88q9syere0Q
Incredible!
N G

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Henry of green - 12-26-2017

Syscrash, Nick didn’t love Adalind yet in 5x11 and he did have his doubts about her that’s why they showed Nick thinking about all the bad things Adalind done. Nick was unsure of her at that piont she loved him already but he didn’t quite love her yet that is established fact. It would be totally unrealistic for Nick not to have regrets over sleeping with Adalind.

Agian you are talking from an extreme piont of bias ,Monroe and Rosalee have been a couple for at least 4 years by the end of the shows end. Nick and Juliette were already a couple in the pilot and had been for years and were a couple for 4 years on the show. For you to try and compare these reltionships agianst Nick and Adalind's is just ridiculous. Syscrash , I have already posted numerous interviews of the writers describing the relationships and they have never said one is more romantic than the other. How is there no such thing as time on the show, it was clear Zorstorter left Nick alone with Juliette and wasn’t still attacking, Zerstorer was still attacking Monroe and Rosalee while Nick ran to Adalind side. Is there any one still being attacked while Juliette is dying no for you to dismiss this crucial difference is just nonsensical. As for calling her Juliette it is pure guilt he believes he has led her to this fate and he wants her to know he will always remember her as Juliette. You clearly are in total denial how the show ended and know what fair play if you want to believe Nick will never get over Juliette you go right ahead I have no problem with that. Nick still loves Juliette without doubt but he’s just not in love with her any more.

This is script proof of who Nick wanted back from Zerstorer he mentions Juliette as just another one of the friends he mentions he family by name.

That is why he has taken everyone you loved, Nick, so that you will give him what he wants.
If you do this, you will sacrifice the world to endless pain and suffering.
The world you saw in the Other Place.
I want my friends back.
I want Adalind and Diana.
I want my son! - I want them all back.
- You can defeat him.
- I tried.
I can't.
- both: You can.
With the Strength of One's Blood.
- We tried that.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s06e13

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - brandon - 12-26-2017

They were never friends with beneficts nor friends simply.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - rpmaluki - 12-26-2017

(12-26-2017, 05:11 PM)brandon Wrote: They were never friends with beneficts nor friends simply.
They certainly weren't friends but I think the term "friends with benefits" could apply as a loose definition of what existed between them, at least from Nick's end since they started having sex together. Adalind loved him but Nick wasn't sure about his feelings until she left the loft. Nick didn't know what he had until he lost it. Lucky for him he got it back, twice.

Quote:How is there no such thing as time on the show, it was clear Zorstorter left Nick alone with Juliette and wasn’t still attacking, Zerstorer was still attacking Monroe and Rosalee while Nick ran to Adalind side.
Why are you arguing if Zerstorer was or was not attacking. Had the writer wanted and emotional death scene between Nick and Adalind. It would not matter what zestorera was doing. The same is true for considering the length of the relationship as an argument that is a ridicules argument. How romantic a relationship is has nothing to do with the characters. The only thing that maters is how the writers want use to perceive the relationship. Now if you want to argue these points as consideration to why the writers omitted romance in the Nick and Adalind relationship. You still have a problem, because Monroe and Rosalee relationship had romance from day one.

As for when was the first time Nick professed his love for Adalind. That was just before the first time they sleep together. That is why he sleep with her. Remember Nick was leaving and ADalind wanted to let Nick know she was in love with him. Also the two times Nick sleep with Adalind was in season 5.

My point is there are a number of scenes that confirm they love each other. Yet the writers do not give them any scenes that show they are in love with each other.

Quote:They certainly weren't friends but I think the term "friends with benefits" could apply as a loose definition of what existed between them, at least from Nick's end since they started having sex together. Adalind loved him but Nick wasn't sure about his feelings until she left the loft. Nick didn't know what he had until he lost it. Lucky for him he got it back, twice.
I would like to think that is what was intended. The problem is They failed to write any scenes that supported that idea. If it was the writers intent to show that Nick realized he almost lost the love of his life. Why didn't they write passion into the final dramatic scene. They wrote passion into the Juliette / Eve final death scene. They even had Nick refer to Eve as Juliette.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - irukandji - 12-26-2017

(12-26-2017, 02:38 PM)Henry of green Wrote: Below this is Nicks relationship status at the end of the series on Grimm Wikipedia they have Adalind as his wife because of G&k post mortum interviews stating they were still togther after 20 years. So it’s hinted that they may have married they are definitely together according to G&K and how the show ended, but really it’s up to you decide if you agree with grimm wiki that they married.

In all honesty, I don't believe they married. I don't see Nick as the marrying kind.

Quote:Henry of green Wrote:
Below this is Nicks relationship status at the end of the series on Grimm Wikipedia they have Adalind as his wife because of G&k post mortum interviews stating they were still togther after 20 years. So it’s hinted that they may have married they are definitely together according to G&K and how the show ended, but really it’s up to you decide if you agree with grimm wiki that they married.

In all honesty, I don't believe they married. I don't see Nick as the marrying kind.
I could see Nick marry out of duty. Doing it out of love. They just did not show that kind of passion in the relationship. More then once when asked about Adalind he responded she is the mother of my child. For that reason I could see him marry Adalind.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - rpmaluki - 12-26-2017

The first thing we see on the show is Nick coming out of the jewellers with a ring. He's most definitely the marrying kind, especially if he still holds to this idyllic relationship he remembered of his parents. We know he did. He would want the same for himself if and when the situation presented itself. He thought he'd have that with Juliette but that turned out to be Adalind. His desperation to have his family back after Zerstörer killed Adalind is another factor that reinforces something that was already innate in Nick. He's a family man first. Plus the show made a point to get rid of Kelly's Schade portion of his double barrel surname at the end when he wrote in the book. Me thinks his parents married and Adalind changed her name plus Kelly's.