Grimm Forum
Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why Nick and Adalind clicked (/Thread-Why-Nick-and-Adalind-clicked)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - Henry of green - 12-26-2017

rpmaluki excellent piont, I think it’s propably two years on the show as well beacuse Kelly didn’t look that far of 2 sitting in his pram in the last episode of grimm though at the start of the season he was clearly not quite 1 yet. The timeline is a little wonky on grimm beacuse each new season picks off directly were the last one finished for example the first 3 episodes of season 6 and the last episode of season 5 take place over the course of 2 days according to most sources I’ve seen. however by the season 6 finale at least 9 months have passed between season 5 and the finale because the finale episodes take place in March 2017. Though Rosalee should have been ready to give birth or have given birth by this point so it’s really hard to tell. But I am willing to think it’s definitely closer to two years than one my guess 1 year and 7 or 8 months at least.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - brandon - 12-26-2017

I agree.
as their life changed, also changed their perspective.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - irukandji - 12-26-2017

(12-24-2017, 07:40 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(12-23-2017, 09:54 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-23-2017, 07:39 AM)brandon Wrote: what happened to Nick would rather say that it is like when you have so much agitation that everything seems unreal.
He suddenly saw father ,with a woman who never had a good opinion because of his fights.Hide her from her ex girlfriend,his dead mother

I don't necessarily agree with the premise of Nick and Adalind clicking. To me, their relationship often seemed awkward. And actually, I didn't mind that. It makes sense. An instant charisma and fake love between them just wouldn't be believable. However, I was surprised by Nick's reaction when Adalind told him she loved him. He apparently had a problem returning her confession, but yet had no issue with sleeping with her. That bothers me a bit. I would have preferred an adult Nick who simply admitted he just wasn't "there yet" as far as loving her, and gently helped her put her shirt back on.

Absolutely. The Nick/Adalind interaction was awkward very early on, as it should have been for quite some time. The problem with the show’s presentation of Nick/Adalind wasn’t that an eventual relationship & family wasn’t believable, but that the transition was too fast paced and haphazard.

I thought Nick was a selfish jerk when he had sex with Adalind after she tearfully dropped the L bomb, as well as when he dismissed her confession about Renard knowing where Diana was and that he would use the child to compromise her. But it’s reasonable to believe that G & K assumed most viewers would excuse Nick’s behavior simply because it was Nick. In comparison, had the same scene played out with Renard or Meisner, or any other male character who immediately became distant afterwards, I suspect those characters would have likely had many vile descriptions posted about their deplorable behavior toward Adalind.

To me, the ‘click’ was that Adalind was written to be exactly what Nick wanted, unconditionally. She was predisposed to trusting the Grimm Team as her friends and wanting a ‘normal relationship’ in the second episode of S5. And for me, the character’s evolution didn’t really go anywhere from there other than continuously striving to earn Nick’s and his friends' acceptance.

I know that how I view characters and what I want from a show is different than most. I’m not drawn to a character because he/she is good, or evil for that matter. I only want the characters to be sufficiently interesting to draw me back for the next chapter in their stories. So I’m not inclined to excuse Nick when he behaves like a selfish jerk because he’s the Grimm/central character or excuse his love interest’s unrealistic behavior & mindset - whether Juliette or Adalind - because her wants & needs are written to revolve around Nick, the Grimm/central character.

One of the issues I think was missing from the Nick/Adalind relationship was fun. While it's brief, there is a scene after Juliette dies where Nick is looking at one of her dresses, appearing to be thinking of a fun time they spent together. That never seemed to ever happen between Nick and Adalind.

The scene you are talking about is 5x02 it’s where nick sips up Juliette’s dress for her . Nick Adalind had very similar scenes like when Adalind was walking about in Nicks shirt after coming out of the bathroom that’s no more of less fun than the Juliette scene. There is a deleted scene in 6x04 were Adalind jokingly says to a shirtless Nick you better kiss me. There is also a scene in 6x07 were Adalind jokingly asks Nick if he wants the waiter he thought he knew from somewhere to come up and join them in bed. Did they have that much fun scenes no but neither did Nick and Juliette Grimm is not that sort of show with relationships.

I'm not talking about sexual relationships equals fun, henry. I am speaking of Juliette wearing a fancy dress. It's obvious she and Nick went out. It's not the same thing as Adalind wandering around in Nick's shirt because she had nothing to wear.

Adalind wore a dress in the dinner scene in 6x07, I am still failing to see your piont off course Juliette would have more dates and going out scenes than Nick and Adalind they were togther for 4 seasons and 3 years before that. Nick and Adalind were officially together barley a year if even during season 6. Their season 6 relationship started with them even being unable to really see each other and then they had to deal with Zerstorer in late season 6. Claire coffee was only in 11 of the 13 episodes in season 6. In season 5 they weren’t really a couple more like friends with benefits and the relationship was a bit one sided at times Nick hid his feelings, it’s only in season 6 they became what you would call a proper couple. Nick and Adalind were an awkward couple for a long time because anything else would just be unrealistic even for crazy Grimm.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - rpmaluki - 12-26-2017

So Nick and Adalind were basically never romantic, never had any fun that's why they lasted twenty years. Yes, that makes sense.

As far as I know, relationships don't start running at a hundred miles an hour out of the starting block. I certainly didn't expect Nick and Adalind to act like an old couple in love when they were still dealing with issues within the relationship such as trust and issues externally such as BC/Renard. In S6 the focus shifted to Zerstörer and not their life at the loft so some relationship milestones were likely dealt with offscreen except Nick's "I love you" and that was at the end of the show. For me, this is when they officially became a couple.

I'm not saying they didn't have fun later on in the relationship. They probably did, but we can only speculate as we never saw it. It seems to me the way to break an awkward spell is to have a little fun. I never saw Nick and Adalind do that.

As far as their love goes, I don't doubt they loved each other. But the way it was presented was just odd. For example, I was waiting for the big "I love you" scene and when it finally happened it seemed like a big letdown. Even worse, when Nick changed time, it all disappeared, making it look like it never really happened.

Irk, most reviewers actually found the nick and Adalind I love you scene heartwarming as did I clearly you didn’t which is fine your entitled to your opinion so I am not going to argue with you on that. Also whether or not the I love you scene was reversed is very much up for debate because some things like Adalinds ring still being gone indicate not everything was reversed therefore the I love you wasn’t ethier. Plus the main thing was for the fans to hear Nick admit his love out loud and he did. Plus G&k have said everything envovling Zerstorer and the deaths did happen it’s real so the I love you did happen just like the deaths and that’s all that really matters.

RE: Why Nick and Adalind clicked - brandon - 12-26-2017

I expected something like that:
" Nick said I love you and kissing Adalind in woge. His soul Hexenbiest leaves his body producing a mágical show of lights and power.
This would happen after 6 season.