Grimm Forum
How many Grimms are there in the world? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: How many Grimms are there in the world? (/Thread-How-many-Grimms-are-there-in-the-world)

How many Grimms are there in the world? - Hexenadler - 08-21-2017

Are Grimms rare, compared to most Wesen? I haven't seen enough episodes from the first two seasons of the show to know for sure.

RE: How many Grimms are there in the world? - FaceInTheCrowd - 08-21-2017

Unknown. The only clue is that the vast majority of wesen seem never to have seen one.

RE: How many Grimms are there in the world? - eric - 08-22-2017

Apparently a few is all it takes to do the job. Parents use the Grimm as a way to teach their children from wogeing in public. Rosalee's bed time story in Lost Boys sounded like something she had heard a lot as a child. Bud's drinking buddies were too far away to see Nick's eyes-it was at night-and they were scared s***less. Wide spread panic set in when the locals thought there was a Grimm branding wessen. I'm not afraid of polar bears, fearing cottonmouth snakes makes more sense where I live.

RE: How many Grimms are there in the world? - dicappatore - 08-22-2017

Well, if we use that Grimm Book, that was part of the set of books they got from Monroe’s murdered uncle. There was only a handful left around the world. What we were introduced in the show was, Aunt Marie, Mom Kelly, Nick, Trubel, Josh’s dad, and I think Trubel mentioned 2 more. About 7 mentioned in the script. Did I miss anymore?

RE: How many Grimms are there in the world? - brandon - 08-22-2017

Perhaps the motive that might have been earlier might be for endomagia. Before they would live in family groups or clans and then dispersed.

RE: How many Grimms are there in the world? - Robyn - 08-24-2017

Quote:Well, if we use that Grimm Book, that was part of the set of books they got from Monroe’s murdered uncle. There was only a handful left around the world. What we were introduced in the show was, Aunt Marie, Mom Kelly, Nick, Trubel, Josh’s dad, and I think Trubel mentioned 2 more. About 7 mentioned in the script. Did I miss anymore?
It was mentioned that Kelly & Marie were trained by their Grimm father, and in S5 that the Knights Templar were Grimm.

Quote:Apparently a few is all it takes to do the job. Parents use the Grimm as a way to teach their children from wogeing in public. Rosalee's bed time story in Lost Boys sounded like something she had heard a lot as a child. Bud's drinking buddies were too far away to see Nick's eyes-it was at night-and they were scared s***less. Wide spread panic set in when the locals thought there was a Grimm branding wessen. I'm not afraid of polar bears, fearing cottonmouth snakes makes more sense where I live.
This could suggest that Grimm legend overstated reality. And whether intentional or happenstance, over embellishment of fairytales appears to go along with the show’s theme.