Grimm Forum
Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene (/Thread-Nick-Juliette-slow-dance-scene)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - WispyWillow - 08-12-2017

RE: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - brandon - 08-12-2017

It's not when Juliette kisses him and goes to Renard¡. ja

RE: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - New Guy - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 07:20 AM)brandon Wrote: It's not when Juliette kisses him and goes to Renard¡. ja
Hi Brandon,
Based on subsequent episodes, the kiss and how Juliette reacts shows her phony love. She played Nick to get a free place to stay. Nick should have had a premonition about her infidelity. Her heart belonged to Renard, Kenneth and whoever she desired to satisfy her lust. Nick was just a sugar boy toy.
N G

RE: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - dicappatore - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 11:06 AM)New Guy Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 07:20 AM)brandon Wrote: It's not when Juliette kisses him and goes to Renard¡. ja
Hi Brandon,
Based on subsequent episodes, the kiss and how Juliette reacts shows her phony love. She played Nick to get a free place to stay. Nick should have had a premonition about her infidelity. Her heart belonged to Renard, Kenneth and whoever she desired to satisfy her lust. Nick was just a sugar boy toy.
N G

This has always been my point. The Nick character bent backwards putting up with what happened to her and having the patience of someone who loved her. Really loved her. Even after she rejected his proposal before all what happened after her coma he should have thrown her out on her ass, but he didn’t. Instead, like a real gentleman, he moved out of his own house.

When she divulges of the Hexenbiest in her, she demands immediate acceptance. She broke her promise of keeping secrets for the fear of Grimm known to kill Hexenbiest. Meanwhile there were plenty of Hexenbiest that interacted with Nick and were still alive.

All the guy did was go out for a walk, never moved out. Sleeps on the couch one night and she goes off on a tizzy, walks out and goes to screw Renard, the same guy she is aware of been the culprit for most of her miss-fortunes.

How many nights was Nick forced to sleep on that same couch, the trailer and eventually forced to moved in with Monroe. How many nights he put up with her bullshit and the actual cheating she did with Renard that was in direct results for what Renard orchestrated which she was well aware of when she became a Hex?

Instead of going after the snake Renard and toss his ass around his house, she goes to spread her legs as a reward for doing nothing to help her Hexenbiest problem. Instead she turns on her friends who did find a partial solution to what she was seeking.

The Juliette character was flawed for sure. She was flawed as a user of men as she consumed their love and affection her way to fulfill her egotism. She proves this, as a teenager, when she mentioned her grandmother trying to scare of hanging out late at night with boys in their cars. Her exposure as a party gal in her college days from Alicia, and her admittance she was just using the boyfriend she was with before Nick, with his own house to live in, when they discussed their pasts relationship with Nick early on season 1, in the supermarket. In the end of Season 6, She reaffirms her ego and admittance she never wanted what Nick wanted. She never wanted to be with Nick and "Live Happily Ever After"

If she was really in love with him, how come after she allows him to move back in the house, he discloses all the Grimm/Wesen lore, she still suspects him of infidelity when she mistakes an email from his mom as one from a secret lover? It’s all due to her mindset. Its’s how a user thinks. A user thinks everyone else is one. If she was really in love. She knew where he kept the ring in the drawer. She could have easily taken it to Nick and asked him to marry her.

The Hexenbiest in her just let released her suppressed ego and brought out the real Juliette. The Juliette wanting to be let out without the burdens of morality of the society she was living in.

RE: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - brandon - 08-12-2017

What you say sounds prejudices. The male teen have also done it.
What I think is that Juliette always enjoy a childhood and youth " perfect" and then it happened to him that could not accept.

RE: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - rpmaluki - 08-12-2017

I think Juliette loved the idea if Nick, not the real person he grew to become after turning into a grimm.

RE: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - New Guy - 08-13-2017

Hi Forum,
Juliette had no self respect and only disdain for others. Her disdain for Nick was obvious, except to poor Doofus himself. If she had any respect for herself, she would have remained a veterinarian using her skill to help innocent living creatures, but she decided to become a killing machine.
N G

RE: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - Robyn - 08-13-2017

(08-12-2017, 09:51 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: I think Juliette loved the idea if Nick, not the real person he grew to become after turning into a grimm.

I’ve always thought along this line too. Juliette liked the idea of being the Grimm’s girlfriend but disliked the realty of that lifestyle. But I think all the characters were drawn to Nick because he was a Grimm. Being in the Grimm’s inner circle made them special.

RE: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - rpmaluki - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 09:02 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 09:51 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: I think Juliette loved the idea if Nick, not the real person he grew to become after turning into a grimm.

I’ve always thought along this line too. Juliette liked the idea of being the Grimm’s girlfriend but disliked the realty of that lifestyle. But I think all the characters were drawn to Nick because he was a Grimm. Being in the Grimm’s inner circle made them special.
They were all drawn to him to some extent and in different ways, true but of all his closest allies, only Juliette showed deep seeded resentment towards him being a grimm. The others enjoyed the whole grimm lifestyle and struggled to walk away from him even as it posed a danger to them. Renard was a user so he had ulterior motives for working with Nick in the first placeAdalind is the only one that had justifiable reasons to continue hating him forever but went through a character change that had nothing to do with him but he somehow still reaped its rewards.

RE: Nick & Juliette slow dance scene - Robyn - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 12:13 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 09:02 AM)Robyn Wrote:
They were all drawn to him to some extent and in different ways, true but of all his closest allies, only Juliette showed deep seeded resentment towards him being a grimm. The others enjoyed the whole grimm lifestyle and struggled to walk away from him even as it posed a danger to them. Renard was a user so he had ulterior motives for working with Nick in the first placeAdalind is the only one that had justifiable reasons to continue hating him forever but went through a character change that had nothing to do with him but he somehow still reaped its rewards.
Not sure that Juliette’s resentment was deep rooted, but if so, she was the only one who had to choose between accepting the Grimm life or making a complete break from Nick. Nick being a Grimm would always dictate the kind of personal life & relationship they could have together. Once pregnant, Rosalee wanted to leave Portland and distance her family from Nick’s Grimm activities.

So while I’m not in complete agreement about how much the show expressed Juliette resented Nick being a Grimm, I think deep-rooted anger/resentment as the catalyst for her rage and vindictiveness would have better explained her instantaneous and over the top behavior after telling Nick she was a Hexenbiest.