Grimm Forum
Zombie Nick post effects - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Zombie Nick post effects (/Thread-Zombie-Nick-post-effects)

Pages: 1 2

Zombie Nick post effects - Aristocrat - 11-18-2013

I was wondering what other people's take on Nick's temporary death state, and what they think it will mean over the course of season 3. Something else to consider would be other characters reactions. What are your thoughts on this?
Personally I don't want it to be in every episode, otherwise it loses impact over time

RE: Zombie Nick post effects - Lou - 11-18-2013

Aristocrat, Good idea for a thread. (btw, do you know the Aristocats joke?)

I think this is sort of like when he got super hearing (which I think he still has - he seemed to hear Allie in the bushes). He got the super hearing as a result from a Weson chemical/magical attack. Now he has this new thing, also as a result of a Weson chemical/magical attack. At first this seemed to be a scary worrisome thing, oh I suppose it still is. But now I'm thinking it might be another useful Grimm ability. Maybe Grimms have latent super-abilities that need to be triggered. The bug Weson unlocked the super hearing and the Baron has unlocked something else. Maybe Grimms can have the ability to play possum and appear to be dead. And we have already seen that now he can hold his breath for a long time, and run for a long time. Those are useful abilities.

Super athletes have very low resting pulse rates and because they have a very efficient cardio vascular system their pulses don't rise as much when under stress. But this is clearly something else. And i have to wonder - wouldn't there be some negative side effects to this kind of reaction.

This might be another skill set that Nick needs to explore and learn how to use. Perhaps it can be a team effort with him and Juliette.

I also wonder why the writers have chosen to go there. They didn't seem to have any purpose or use to the super hearing. Is this another dead end. Or was the super hearing just something to set this up.

So far I think this looks like a good little plot thread.

RE: Zombie Nick post effects - Abc10 - 11-18-2013

I think he's probably not cured completely and when his hart goes too slow, it stops transferring blood in his body so he appears dead. Maybe it can be something like that?
My guess is that grimms are capable to use specific things (like being a zombie for some time) to their advantage. (that's what David Giuntoli said in an interview I read, that grimms use such things to their advantage),

We will just have to wait to see what's really going on. Hank saw it so he'll hopefully tell it to Monroe and Rosalee next episode. I read an article where one of the creators of grimm said that we haven't seen the supernatural part of it yet so probably there's a lot more to it and this is just the beginning of the changes he is going trough.

RE: Zombie Nick post effects - pale boy - 11-20-2013

Grimm (or at least Nick) seems to absorb powers from Wesen attacks. Reminds me of a trope: Adaptive Ability.

Except Nick isn't a villain or anything. Big Grin I think it's almost like a Grimm "immune response" to specialized attacks. This isn't the first time he's had such a reaction. Remember when he was temporarily blinded by the fly guy?

RE: Zombie Nick post effects - Turtl3 - 12-15-2013

My theory so far is that the chemical reactions Nick went through triggered something inside him that he has yet to grasp (grimms forgot how to transform over time?). Weson seem to gain super human abilities when they woge. The dead looking state he goes into almost reminds me of a Weson woge. Seems he's used the ability instinctively thus far, but I can see the writers taking it a step further next season where Nicks friends help him learn how to woge on demand, which he will probably need to fight in Renards resistance (using the deadly state as a Trojan horse and extra abilities to overcome the new princes small army?).

RE: Zombie Nick post effects - brandon - 12-30-2015

It could be.
do in the interrogation room - season 4 Chapter 9 - Nick gets zombie grey but Hank does not see it?
and it is human.

RE: Zombie Nick post effects - crossbar - 12-30-2015

Ironic that you're talking about zombie Nick while resurrecting a Zombie thread. Well, the "gray Nick" hasn't been around for a while and the never explained why it was happening. Seems like they abandoned it the storyline for now. Kind of like the coins and the keys. They tend to go away and then they bring it back to an un-climatic conclusion.

RE: Zombie Nick post effects - jsgrimm45 - 12-30-2015

(12-30-2015, 10:18 AM)crossbar Wrote: Ironic that you're talking about zombie Nick while resurrecting a Zombie thread. Well, the "gray Nick" hasn't been around for a while and the never explained why it was happening. Seems like they abandoned it the storyline for now. Kind of like the coins and the keys. They tend to go away and then they bring it back to an un-climatic conclusion.
Just as a funny thought what about Kelly?

RE: Zombie Nick post effects - crossbar - 12-30-2015

Head in a box Kelly or Nicks son Kelly?

RE: Zombie Nick post effects - jsgrimm45 - 12-30-2015

(12-30-2015, 10:39 AM)crossbar Wrote: Head in a box Kelly or Nicks son Kelly?
The son. I still think he will have powers equal to LBB.