Grimm Forum
S03E04 - One Night Stand - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 3 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-3)
+---- Thread: S03E04 - One Night Stand (/Thread-S03E04-One-Night-Stand)

Pages: 1 2 3

S03E04 - One Night Stand - GrimmForum - 11-15-2013

Season 3 Episode 4
One Night Stand

[Image: pk1glZ1l.jpg]

Air Date: November 15, 2013
Synopsis: Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) investigate a drowning death with mysterious marks on the victim's ankles, they happen upon a group of water-bound Wesen with a deadly postcoital cuddle.

Meanwhile, Rosalee (Bree Turner) starts unpacking her things at Monroe's (Silas Weir Mitchell), and Captain Renard (Sasha Roiz) makes a startling realization about the possible identities of the Royal Baby's parents.

Trailer
Spoiler :

RE: S03E04 - One Night Stand - Lou - 11-15-2013

I really liked this episode. I felt it hit the sweet spot with stand alone monster-of-the week episode but still adding to the long term story arc and the mythology.

Way back when we discussed what kind of wesons we wanted to see in the future I put down mermaids. I wanted teenage Australian mermaids but this was closer than i hoped. We have three sisters: a blond, a brunette, and a redhead. A la Petticoat Junction. But thats OK. They could have different biological fathers. But what happened to their mother?

The detectives seemed to be more on top of things than usual. They almost immediately suspect a weson connection. You notice Nick's expression as Ellie swam away from him. Sort of like a "oh no, not again" look.

They also did a better than average job in realizing the fathers confession was bogus and then figuring to use that as leverage to get the girls to talk. come to think of it - isn't that pretty similar to a previous episode ?

Well somebody eventually had to say it. Figured it would be Wu. But Renard's deadpan made it more palatable. "Time to round up the unusual suspects".

Rosallee is still my favorite. She always knows the right thing to say.

Sebastian doesn't know Adalind was sleeping with Eric. You'd think he might at least suspect. And I guess Sean isn't going to tell him he slept with her.

I'm hoping Jake goes back to the houseboat and asks Ellie out.

I don't think the City of Portland is going to appreciate Nick telling Jake that nothing is normal in Portland.

Oh oh. Juliette sees an email from "M" and is suspicious. Does she not know about Nick's mom. I thought he told Juliette that part, but maybe not.

Plenty of macs and iPads and iPhones in this episode. But I've stopped counting.

RE: S03E04 - One Night Stand - hot schade - 11-15-2013

no, he never told her about his mom, they were too busy with her forgetting him and then hating him then him zombifie-ing

i also liked this eppy!

i loved all the my couples being happy, that is something some writers miss is that we want trouble but trouble all the time doesn't work, we want to see normal, happy couples too. but uh oh! juliette sees the email and who knows what she is thinking, that email was all happy cooshy lovey dovey soooo, i wonder what she's thinking.

the story was good, and i enjoyed it!

RE: S03E04 - One Night Stand - pale boy - 11-16-2013

Does anyone see Ellie's crush as being on meds in the future? I don't think Nick's quip toward the end of the episode is going to keep that guy from thinking he is crazy. Wink

Never thought I'd see the day when there was an episode involving Alaskan fundamentalist mermen, but there you go. Sort of a cute, lightweight episode -- that isn't a bad thing, as we do need breathers between the big arcs or plot lines. We had Rosalee/Monroe, the furthering of the Nick!Zombie mystery, and whatever Renard and his minion are planning to do with the Adalind problem.

I did like the cliffhanger in the Juliette scene. Kelly Burkhardt hasn't been forgotten.

RE: S03E04 - One Night Stand - FräuleinWunderlich - 11-16-2013

Grimm is back! I enjoyed this episode very much. The writers go back to the fairy tales, after a long time. In this case The little mermaid from Hans Christian Andersen, which is not one of my favorite tales but the storyline was very close to the story from Andersen. But there is mix of mythological creatures during the episode. First Elly Mahario, she represents a typical merwoman with a maternal aspect(helping and loving human). Her sisters Abel and Sarah are more nixie like in the beginning of this episode (nixies are woman, that pick men out of their boat and pull them down into the deep sea).Shown to us as they pull down Jake and his friend(forget his name). As Able and Sarah gets arrested, both change from nixie to a mermaid type( central is a wish is salvation). Both want to be freed from the arranged relationship. The male Naidas have parallels to Mermen. If a Merman fall in love, he want´s to own the woman.And they are infertile in the most stories.

Enough gossip of fairy tales.

Back to the important stuff.-> hope we see Kelly back in Portland soon. Poor Juliette certainly thinks Nick has an affair. At least Monroe and Rosalee are (still) happy. I want no relationship stress during season3. Of course we will get it, because no show runs without a small cup of drama.
Renard is a pain in the ass at the moment. Anyone agree me ? Don´t misunderstand me, I love the captain but he´s acting a little bit overwhelmed in e3 and 4.

RE: S03E04 - One Night Stand - Abc10 - 11-16-2013

I liked this episode too Smile

It's a "monster-of-the-week"-episode, which I like.
Monroe & Rosalee are and remain cute together.
FINALLY, Hank saw there is something wrong with Nick: hopefully he will tell Monroe & Rosalee about it (if Juliette doesn't, someone else must realise this isn't a normal thing: like Rosalee said in the premiere: "grimms aren't exactly normal". Well, she's right. As always.)
Renard knows Adalind is pregnant and that she is gonna sell the maybe-his baby.
Nick got an e-mail from M: MOM? I hope we'll see her again in the next episode(s)!

Yeah, this was a fun episode.
And now, waiting another week for the next one Sad

(11-16-2013, 05:50 AM)FräuleinWunderlich Wrote: Shown to us as they pull down Jake and his friend(forget his name). As Able and Sarah gets arrested, both change from nixie to a mermaid type( central is a wish is salvation).

Wasn't the dead guy's name Dan or something? The sister's name wasn't Able, I think it was Anna Wink

RE: S03E04 - One Night Stand - Gretel Hanselsister - 11-16-2013

My favourite epi in season 3 so far!

I liked they got back to fairy tales at last. There was Hans Christian Andersen, but I found some Disney, too Big Grin.
Anyone remembers the Arielle story? The witch took her voice Exclamation in exchange for some legs, that's Elly. The name sounds quite similar, too, could be a short form.

The story reminded me remarkably of "bears will be bears", Wesen who are following old traditions of killing people when they get adults and the father trying to put things in order again.

The reason why the boys kill the girl's lovers ist nearly plausible, I just wonder what are the male naidas evolutionary good for, but we clearly hat worse cases.

RE: S03E04 - One Night Stand - Lou - 11-16-2013

(11-16-2013, 05:50 AM)FräuleinWunderlich Wrote: Grimm is back! I enjoyed this episode very much. The writers go back to the fairy tales, after a long time.

Thanks for pointing out all the fairy tale stuff. That's what I liked so much about Grimm back in Season 1. I had gotten sort of used to none-to-weak fairy tale connections in Season 2. There were a lot more fairy tale connections than I had initially recognized. And Mermaids have a rich and diverse literature/mythology heritage, so it probably was easy for the writers to make connections.

(11-16-2013, 05:50 AM)FräuleinWunderlich Wrote: Renard is a pain in the ass at the moment. Anyone agree me ? Don´t misunderstand me, I love the captain but he´s acting a little bit overwhelmed in e3 and 4.

Absolutely, but the killing of Eric was a huge step and maybe launched prematurely. It is probably pretty risky. The family must think Sean is the #1 suspect. and I doubt they need to make a air tight case against him. So no wonder he is a bit on edge.

RE: S03E04 - One Night Stand - Fuchsbauer - 11-16-2013

This episode was great! I loved the mythology in the this, and I thought that Elly was pretty cute.

I really can't wait for the next episode. Unfortunentally, from what I know, the next episode doesn't air next week, but in two weeks. Grrrr...

I like that this episode was lighthearted (-ish) in contrast to El Cucuy, which looks downright dark and scary.

To be honest, I am kind of getting slightly annoyed by the Adalind storyline. I usually have had no problem with this show before, but I think I'll live.

Until two weeks....

RE: S03E04 - One Night Stand - Lou - 11-16-2013

(11-16-2013, 11:14 AM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: My favourite epi in season 3 so far!

I liked they got back to fairy tales at last. There was Hans Christian Andersen, but I found some Disney, too Big Grin.
Anyone remembers the Arielle story? The witch took her voice Exclamation in exchange for some legs, that's Elly. The name sounds quite similar, too, could be a short form.

The story reminded me remarkably of "bears will be bears", Wesen who are following old traditions of killing people when they get adults and the father trying to put things in order again.

The reason why the boys kill the girl's lovers ist nearly plausible, I just wonder what are the male naidas evolutionary good for, but we clearly hat worse cases.
Thanks for bringing up Ariel, I totally forgot that.
Not only reminiscent of the Bears story but also the Coyote story, too.
It was hinted at that the boys considered the killing of lovers to be sort of a tradition. Male naiads may not have any evolutionary purpose, but i suppose that its plausible that they are still born.

I also found that Nick and Hank "sentencing" the male niads to death by locking them up was some cold blooded but necessary.

You know one of these days the Portland ME is going to write a paper about some of these strange things she has examined, and its going to get noticed by the FBI, who will send Mulder and Sculley to investigate. Now THAT will be an interesting episode.