Grimm Forum
S03E03 - A Dish Best Served Cold - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 3 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-3)
+---- Thread: S03E03 - A Dish Best Served Cold (/Thread-S03E03-A-Dish-Best-Served-Cold)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: S03E03 - A Dish Best Served Cold - Lou - 11-13-2013

(11-13-2013, 11:03 AM)HellJacket Wrote: What I can't figure out with this whole "OH NO, SOMEONE IS CARRYING A BABY WITH ROYAL BLOOD" fiasco, is that Sean and Eric should be aware of this possible concurrence with banging strangers. Therefore, why did neither of them use a condom with Adalind? In Eric's case, if he's regularly chasing tail, Europe should be riddled with his bastards by now. Therefore, Royal blood shouldn't be all that rare.

Or maybe the writers want me to suspend disbelief and ignore this obvious problem with their plot.

Good point HJ!

How bout this explanation? Perhaps Royals are .....um... immune to procreation. But Hexenbeasts have a formula or spell that counteracts that. Perhaps that explanation will hold up in that Sean's only half brother is also half hexanbeast.

We still don't really know what "royals" are. I remember last year we got into a discussion on them perhaps being a different species. so maybe they're unable to fertilize humans. Perhaps they normally only can fertilize other royals. Its just that Hexenbeasts have a way around that.

So you might say, if that's true, why are they having sex with Adalind? If i remember right, she had lost her powers when she was "sleeping" with the guys. But maybe Adalind had some of that potion saved up for a rainy day.

Anyway this is just speculation on my part. The writers have not really explained any of this. More mysteries? or just sloppy writing?
It does make for some fun guessing games, tho.

(11-12-2013, 10:55 AM)HellJacket Wrote: What needs to happen though is Nick needs him to plea before a judge to the confession and get sentenced.

I think Nick got a written confession from him somewhere along the line. then maybe he takes the chef to the court and the court has a whole bunch of Blutbads in the gallery. So the chef confesses to the judge too.

RE: S03E03 - A Dish Best Served Cold - droid327 - 11-13-2013

I don't see how that's really any different from real-world wealthy gadabouts that might have many dalliances with random women...I think the problem isn't spreading bastards around Europe, but being able to actually prove the baby is royal. I imagine Eric had enough friends in high places that random women cant just go suing him for paternity. If they did, well, he's got ways to keep them from becoming a nuisance, permanently. Plus, unless they're seducing Wesen, the mothers aren't likely to realize the political implications of their illegitimate seed, they just think its a rich guy's baby.

Adalind, on the other hand (like Sean's mother), knows exactly what they really are, and what the baby would mean in terms of Wesen-Royal politics. And if she claimed to have the child of a Royal, that claim carries a little more weight among the Family.

RE: S03E03 - A Dish Best Served Cold - hot schade - 11-14-2013

wow! already predicting doom for this show, not something i expected to find when i came on today. i have to say, i am not interested in anything that network tv has to offer, everything is just plain stupid and contrived, but grimm is actually interesting. it may not be what you are liking, but i think we are actually getting into the characters and the nitty gritty of what is beyond just a MOW! but that is just IMO!

i thought this was an alright eppy, a bit missplaced in the scheme of things, we have two action packed eppies then this the momentum was lost a little so i think it would have been better to have had this one a little bit further down the season.

1) Nick's heart rate was 30!!! LOL! i love how they said the machine was broken b/c im studying to be a nurse and i would have said the samething Tongue if not maybe start CPR! normal HR is between 70-100, 60 would be considered kinda low but we would have to assess other factors with the heart, but 30! it even dropped to 29 O.O! i didn't catch his BP, but a man like nick would have a low heartrate with a high blood pressure, so there is something fishy going on here.

2) I love monroe and rosalee, swoooon! monroe is so cute trying to ask her to move in, and her little joke about her clothes moving in Tongue i love it!!

3) Juliette talking about breed specific bloat was awesome! she's a vet, have her be intelligent and know what she is talking about, she is a doctor and all, these past few eppies she has gotten better and better, which is great b/c she needs a littel damage control from last season.

4) gore was awesome, reminded me of my fave movie, aliens, i really thought a weird wesen was going to come out of the stomach

5) now that all the fluff is out of the way, i totally disagree with everyone about renard, i am now completely convinced that he has NO good intentions towards nick. yes, he showed nick the survalliance video, but why keep it?? in lock and key none the less. we know he knows something about the key (when will that storyline move along??) and he has contacts and has alterior movites galore. i don't think he was calling nick out on his hypocrasy, although it may seem like nick was being hypocritical, he wasn't. many of these wesen have gone after people or nick himself. many time it was self-defence, the nicklavee(sp??) was he suppose to invite him over for a glass of wine and politely ask him why does he want to kill him? there was no choice, it was a kill or be killed situation. i think renard merely showed his true colours to nick and that he needs to stop trusting him. this is the same man who tried to get aunt marie killed. don't get me wrong, i love shady renard, he is so grey and awesome, i just don't think nick should trust him so much. IMO, the "fatherly" role he has taken is purely putting in more investiment into his future goals, eric wanted a grimm on his side, why wouldn't sean??!!

5) ICAM! droid, eric is a smart, intelligent, powerful man why would he allow a few women to take away any power or control he may have. i can see him having children and just paying them off to make sure that a legitamate child takes over, if he would even allow that. now sean, oh man! he knows! and he said that frau pesh wasn't going to make a deal with anyoen else and that is why he sent sebastian (holly cow he has a name) to find out more, but it's adalind, he's going to have his head explode when he finds that out LOL! i don't think she will get her powers back, i think this is actually the end of adalind which is so sad, i love her and claire coffee she's an excellent actress. IDK! what renard's plans are, IDK! what he's going to do with all this royal business or with nick but i have a really good feeling none of it is good.

6) yeah, the ending was weird, i actually thought the whole fight was real, i was like what are they doing?? im so dense sometimes O.O then i was thinking why is monroe overacting then i got it Tongue i think nick did it that way b/c of what renard said to him and maybe he's having a change of heart, but again this isn't lets talk this over, he couldn't even convince the chef to turn himself in, they don't follow a rule of law that doesn't even know they exist. it's the samething we were talking about last week with nick in the bar, and if you think about it, nick being a grimm is sort've the law in the wesen world. soemtimes it is the wild west, some grimms were/are super shady but some were/are legit. this is a very grey area in a line of business that is very black and white. so, i don't really envy nick's position as he has a conscious that other grimms didn't have

7) holly cow he has a name LOL! isn't it funny that no one actually knew his name! thats just funny!

RE: S03E03 - A Dish Best Served Cold - speakeasy - 11-14-2013

As hot schade posted yesterday, Nick's heart rate under stress is not at all normal, but does that mean he can endure much increased physical activity without exhibiting the strain, or that he has the heart rate of a normal person who is dying? Imo, it's both, with an emphasis on the latter. He stills seems a little undead. As Juliette says, they will have to see if this condition lessens with time. But he does seem to be the Grimm equivalent of a cyborg and that's fascinating.

When I looked at the episode a second time, I thought that Adalind looked very frightened in every scene. She doesn't need a brick wall to fall on her head to know her life is in danger now, from more than one direction - enter the cousin, maybe. Renard's a man who will do what is necessary, but he doesn't come over as an evil person to me. Both men are in a partnership of shared self-interest - Nick's is a desire to frustrate the families' attempts to get his key and to get the protection of the Captain against threats against his life - and we know what Renard's is. They don't have to be drinking buddies. It's an alliance of convenience now, but I'd like it to develop into a mutual trust.

RE: S03E03 - A Dish Best Served Cold - HellJacket - 11-14-2013

(11-13-2013, 11:19 PM)droid327 Wrote: I don't see how that's really any different from real-world wealthy gadabouts that might have many dalliances with random women...I think the problem isn't spreading bastards around Europe, but being able to actually prove the baby is royal. I imagine Eric had enough friends in high places that random women cant just go suing him for paternity. If they did, well, he's got ways to keep them from becoming a nuisance, permanently. Plus, unless they're seducing Wesen, the mothers aren't likely to realize the political implications of their illegitimate seed, they just think its a rich guy's baby.
Suing over paternity isn't really an issue unless the father is poor. As a Royal, I assume Eric has more than enough funds at his disposal so he could just pay off the mothers.

The problem is that, based on what the gypsies and Frau Pech state in Season 2, it sounds like Royal blood is valuable independent of who the father is (like just having grimm blood would likely be valuable to many people). We've already seen a wessen DNA test for determining if a baby is Royal so identification does not appear be a problem.

So, we are left with why is a Royal bastard such a political issue, and if so, why did neither Eric or Sean take any known precautions?

(11-14-2013, 12:18 AM)hot schade Wrote: wow! already predicting doom for this show, not something i expected to find when i came on today.

Technically, predicting when a show will end (unless you are specifically predicting the end will come with the current season) isn't necessarily "predicting doom." Every scripted show ends with the lone exceptions being daytime soap operas or some cartoons, i.e., I don't think the Simpsons, South Park, or Family Guy will ever end. Though, even some of the soap operas ended after 40-something years, such as Guiding Light.

So, the only question remains is when. Based on the current ratings, I think Grimm ends with Season 4.