Grimm Forum
S03E03 - A Dish Best Served Cold - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 3 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-3)
+---- Thread: S03E03 - A Dish Best Served Cold (/Thread-S03E03-A-Dish-Best-Served-Cold)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

S03E03 - A Dish Best Served Cold - GrimmForum - 11-08-2013

Season 3 Episode 3
A Dish Best Served Cold

[Image: 8casQSQl.jpg]

Air Date: November 1, 2013
Synopsis: Nick and Hank investigate an ages-old feud that has erupted in Seattle, a feud that Nick and Monroe are well-acquainted with. Meanwhile, the death of a royal family member has repercussions across the world, and Monroe and Rosalee discuss the next step in their relationship.

Trailer
Spoiler :

What did you all think of this episode?

RE: S03E03 - A Dish Best Served Cold - GrimmForum - 11-08-2013

Word is that my friend is an extra in tonight's episode during the Restaurant scene. It'll be interesting to see her on the show Smile.

Edit: Yupp, there she is, at the very beginning of the dining scene with Monroe and Rosalee.

RE: S03E03 - A Dish Best Served Cold - the-epic-prince - 11-08-2013

I enjoyed this episode very much. Seeing Monroe almost snap with anger was really cool.

However, I think the ending where the got all the Blutbaden to terrorize the chef was odd. Not the fact there were so many Blutbaden but rather why the helped the police capture a Bauerschwein rather than eat him themselves.

RE: S03E03 - A Dish Best Served Cold - pale boy - 11-09-2013

Sort of a breather episode, eh? Back to the ol' catch the monster of the week. But not so fast! There was more weirdness with Nick's condition -- has it made him more powerful? Or will that endurance come at a price?. Then there was the continuing plot with Renard & his buddy (can't remember his name). But (surprise) Renard knows that Adalind is pregnant, apparently. Well. Didn't see that coming. Also, going by her blood tears, she must be back to full Hexenbiest status. Finally, her work with Frau Pech is complete. (That stuff was getting hilariously gruesome.)

We also have the joke of wolves versus pigs revealed to be a serious, all out blood feud between Wesen. The Bauerschwein creeped me out. Those woge faces. Confused

More importantly, Monroe and Rosalee are moving in together. Wink I unabashedly love these two characters. It's very rare to see a TV relationship without artificial drama or fights injected into it to make it "real". Surprisingly, it's the show with monsters that manages to nail what actual adult human interaction looks like via Monroe and Rosalee.

As an aside that has little to do with the episode and everything to do with the writing, I have to note that this is probably the only time I can recall seeing a vegan on television that isn't a complete joke character. Which is sort of amazing. The jokes about Monroe tend to be more that he rambles about food rather than what food he eats, which is something I always appreciate.

RE: S03E03 - A Dish Best Served Cold - Secret Keeper - 11-09-2013

Have we ever seen Adalind cry blood-tears before? It seemed didn't remember anything like that. But then, I don't remember if she's cried with her powers before, so...

The set-up seemed a bit odd to me, too. Especially since it didn't seem like they had all that much time to get it pulled together.

RE: S03E03 - A Dish Best Served Cold - Abc10 - 11-09-2013

I did like it but was also expecting more to happen. I was glad to see bud again (and his cake) :-) I thought it was weird that those blutbaden just let nick and hank arrest the chef instead of just killing him theirself, didn't look like what blutbaden would do if you saw that even monroe wanted to kill him... We still have to wait until next week to see what's going on with nick and if adalind have got her powers back or not because they didn't give a good answer on that yet. I'm really enjoying season 3 and it looks like Nick's mom will return soon so I can't wait for the next episodes :-)

RE: S03E03 - A Dish Best Served Cold - speakeasy - 11-09-2013

Didn't know that Kelly Burkhardt will be returning (yea!), Abc10, and welcome to the group, by the way. I didn't see the entire episode, but generally speaking, I liked it (not a favorite, though). Here's what I thought was interesting:

1. Renard's man in Austria (in the castle) has a name; it's been alluding me if it's been mentioned before and dog gone it, I missed it again last night. But Adalind used his name, I think.

2. Adalind knows him.

3. There's a possibility that this feud between the two Bs may become a semi-regular feature of the show, because it has turned brutal and remains unresolved as of last night.

4. Nick looked paler on my screen during the scene in which Juliette is expressing her concern about him and it looked like he pulled his hand away from hers. If this is accurate, it doesn't auger well.

5. Even though I didn't see the episode uninterrupted, the ending seemed poorly done; and as has been mentioned here, implausible.

This is a little off topic, but here's an observation that isn't mine, but I wish it was - it's been suggested that the assassin on the train talking to the Captain about Eric's death may be the mysterious Meisner. It's about time we get some more of the low down on Renard's European connections, so I hope that it is.

RE: S03E03 - A Dish Best Served Cold - Abc10 - 11-09-2013

(11-09-2013, 06:34 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Didn't know that Kelly Burkhardt will be returning (yea!), Abc10, and welcome to the group, by the way.

In the promo for the second episode they also used footage from later episodes and Nick said to Juliette that his mother is in trouble so i think she will probably show up again...

I just found this: http://www.enstarz.com/articles/20891/20130703/grimm-season-3-spoilers-nicks-mom-kelly-coming-back-nbc-fall-video.htm

So we'll have to wait to find out Undecided

RE: S03E03 - A Dish Best Served Cold - Gretel Hanselsister - 11-09-2013

(11-09-2013, 01:45 AM)Secret Keeper Wrote: Have we ever seen Adalind cry blood-tears before? It seemed didn't remember anything like that. But then, I don't remember if she's cried with her powers before, so...

The set-up seemed a bit odd to me, too. Especially since it didn't seem like they had all that much time to get it pulled together.

Welcome Secret Keeper! Smile

These tears "caught my eye", too. I really hope she's done with getting her powers back, enough is enough Confused.

The captain was kind of rude to Nick, I don't remember him talking to Nick this way before. I don't see Nick as a unscruplous Wesen-killer, does the captain?

Nick with a pulse of 30 when running full speed - nice! And he really looks good without a shirt Blush

(11-09-2013, 06:34 AM)speakeasy Wrote: 4. Nick looked paler on my screen during the scene in which Juliette is expressing her concern about him and it looked like he pulled his hand away from hers.

This was my impression, too. He's got his Zombie-periods like last episode when Juliette thought he was dead. Let's wait if they continue.

Good thing Monroe is vegan! Rosalee hasn't got an antidot, has she?

For a moment, I really thought Nick would shoot Monroe for a Bauerschwein - OK, I was stupid Big Grin

After all, I enjoyed this episode. Yes, where did all of these Blutbaden come from and why didn't they attack, but I had fun with Monroe, Rosalee and Bud's cake.

RE: S03E03 - A Dish Best Served Cold - Lou - 11-09-2013

I watched this episode in real time with commercials. Haven't done that before and I didn't like this episode that much. Might have been having to wait through the commercials or it might have been the weak ending.

(11-08-2013, 11:03 PM)the-epic-prince Wrote: I enjoyed this episode very much. Seeing Monroe almost snap with anger was really cool.

However, I think the ending where the got all the Blutbaden to terrorize the chef was odd. Not the fact there were so many Blutbaden but rather why the helped the police capture a Bauerschwein rather than eat him themselves.

I absolutely agree. Thought this was too reminiscent of the ending where Nick and Monroe take on roles to fool the assassin guy.

(11-09-2013, 12:23 AM)pale boy Wrote:
But (surprise) Renard knows that Adalind is pregnant, apparently. Well. Didn't see that coming.

I missed that - how do we know that Renard knows that Adalind is pregnant?

(11-09-2013, 08:52 AM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: The captain was kind of rude to Nick, I don't remember him talking to Nick this way before. I don't see Nick as a unscruplous Wesen-killer, does the captain?

Yeah, i didn't think that was a very good tact to take with Nick. Is the Captain showing his true colors and being less manipulative. Or is he still manipulative and we just don't understand what his end game is now.