Grimm Forum
The Captain's Mommy - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: The Captain's Mommy (/Thread-The-Captain-s-Mommy)

Pages: 1 2

The Captain's Mommy - grimmfreak - 11-02-2013

With the phone call from captain renards mommy last week it now means we have to talk about her... Someone said they thought it was Stefania's voice but I don't think so. I wonder what her game is going to be though, is she in it for herself, the captain or someone/something else... It's going to be fun to find out and possibly more fun to talk about it!

RE: The Captain's Mommy - Gretel Hanselsister - 11-03-2013

(11-02-2013, 11:12 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: Someone said they thought it was Stefania's voice but I don't think so.

Renard's mother spoke with a french accent. The captain said he didn't recognize the number, but surely he would have noticed a number from abroad. I don't think Renard's mother could be Stefania, she must be somewhere in America.

RE: The Captain's Mommy - pale boy - 11-03-2013

The only confirmed thing we really know about her is that she's a Hexenbiest. Since Renard is half human, half Wesen.

I think it would be hilarious if she was Stefania, though. She has a brutal streak a mile wide, something she has in common with Renard. And she could always be faking her current accent. Still, it might not be her like you guys said.

Although the question remains: why would a French Hexenbiest name her son Sean?

RE: The Captain's Mommy - grimmfreak - 11-03-2013

(11-03-2013, 05:55 PM)pale boy Wrote: The only confirmed thing we really know about her is that she's a Hexenbiest. Since Renard is half human, half Wesen.

I think it would be hilarious if she was Stefania, though. She has a brutal streak a mile wide, something she has in common with Renard. And she could always be faking her current accent. Still, it might not be her like you guys said.

Although the question remains: why would a French Hexenbiest name her son Sean?

maybe because the father was not french? just an idea

RE: The Captain's Mommy - pale boy - 11-06-2013

It's just that it's a really common name for young guys where I live. So it sounded sort of silly that the big scary captain is named "Sean". It was ... anticlimactic for me. It's like if they named him "Jeff" or something. Those names are just too friendly for someone like him. He needs something that sounds evil. Just a pet peeve.

Anywho, I'm curious to see his mother. I want to know just what sort of person raised him. She has to be ... interesting.

RE: The Captain's Mommy - Elkhound - 03-15-2014

Perhaps his real first name was Jean or Jehan or Johannes or Ivan or even Giovanni or Juan and he changed it to Sean when he came to America. (Sean is the Irish form of 'John'.)

RE: The Captain's Mommy - Berkilak de Hautdesert - 05-20-2014

I don't believe it's Stefania, for the simple fact that she's a gypsy, not a hexenbiest, and it's implied that she's remained in the forests where she first meets Adalind, where we know Sean Renard and his mother have been to a number of places while on the run, including Russia. Since the Resistance and agents working for Sean were keeping Adalind under observation, they knew that Stefania was working for the Royals. Since Victor had been able to 'persuade' Sebastian to give up information, Victor knew that Sean probably knew that Stefania was collaborating with the Royals. So when Victor is blackmailing Sean to hand over Diana, I think he would have said "Your mother is at my castle", not "We know where your mother is hiding." So I am strongly inclined to argue that Sean's mother is not Stefania.

RE: The Captain's Mommy - Gaultheria - 05-20-2014

If Sean has a family connection to the gypsy queen, then he's royal on both sides of the family. How about if Stefania is Sean's mother's evil twin?

RE: The Captain's Mommy - syscrash - 06-24-2014

His mother is a hexenbiest. She will know how to get Nick's grimm back. The twist is why would a hexenbiest restore a grimm. My guess is it will have somthing to do with Nicks mom having her grandchild. Does she even know she has a grandchild at this point.

RE: The Captain's Mommy - grimmfreak - 06-24-2014

(06-24-2014, 11:07 AM)syscrash Wrote: His mother is a hexenbiest. She will know how to get Nick's grimm back. The twist is why would a hexenbiest restore a grimm. My guess is it will have somthing to do with Nicks mom having her grandchild. Does she even know she has a grandchild at this point.

maybe she does not know, but she may soon find out. this would be an interesting plot line. I would love to see it.