Grimm Forum
Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. (/Thread-Did-Nick-and-Adalind-fall-in-faster-or-slower-than-a-normal-couple)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - rpmaluki - 05-30-2017

(05-30-2017, 10:49 PM)Loona Wrote: After my opinion, she is just the runner-up. And I don't mean it nasty or anything like that.

But the question rather be: What would have happened if Juliette/Eve wouldn't have said it.

"Mom and Dad are waiting..." It was not mentioned who the siblings speak about if Nick or Sean. Why do you all think it must be Nick? It could be Sean as well. I had not the impression that Diana as well as Kelly have directly addressed a person.
Eve knew Nick was in love with Adalind and told him as much as far back as 6x02. She knew he'd replaced her in his heart so what good would it do her to want him back knowing he's moved on with another woman?

The writers confirmed that it was Nick and Adalind the siblings were referring to.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Tara - 05-30-2017

(05-30-2017, 10:59 PM)bart Wrote:
(05-30-2017, 10:49 PM)Loona Wrote: After my opinion, she is just the runner-up. And I don't mean it nasty or anything like that.

But the question rather be: What would have happened if Juliette/Eve wouldn't have said it.

"Mom and Dad are waiting..." It was not mentioned who the siblings speak about if Nick or Sean. Why do you all think it must be Nick? It could be Sean as well. I had not the impression that Diana as well as Kelly have directly addressed a person.

What do you mean runner-up?

I agree with you Loona, that it wasn't mention where the siblings have suggested to Nick or Sean. It's unclear whom they mean. It could be Nick or it could be Sean.

I think bart she mean runner-up something like consolation prize.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Loona - 05-30-2017

I dare to doubt, that Nick needed really that long to accept that he is in love with Adalind. He had so many tries to tell her but first did it after the talk with Juliette/Eve isn't it weird.

Yeah Tara, you're right that is exactly what I have mean.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - rpmaluki - 05-30-2017

(05-30-2017, 11:22 PM)Loona Wrote: I dare to doubt, that Nick needed really that long to accept that he is in love with Adalind. He had so many tries to tell her but first did it after the talk with Juliette/Eve isn't it weird.

Yeah Tara, you're right that is exactly what I have mean.
Nick isn't as forthcoming as you want to imply. He waited forever to tell Juliette about being a Grimm and later he didn't even tell her he wanted to become a Grimm again after he lost his powers even though he had plenty of opportunities to do both. By the time he told Juliette in S1, she thought he was mad and Adalind had targeted her and in S4, he waited until his friends were in danger instead of being open and honest about his feelings and wanting to be a Grimm again. Nick not saying anything is not the same as Nick not feeling anything. He keeps plenty bottled up.

For six seasons Nick hasn't been able to use his words where it mattered, his actions tended to do the talking for him. When he asked Juliette to marry him, she turned him down, not because he didn't love her but because she knew he was deceiving her. When he eventually told Adalind he loved her, she didn't look or sound like she was surprised because he had shown her in plenty other ways that she was the woman he wanted to be with. I'm sure she was relieved to hear the words but all that did was confirm what she and Eve knew and Renard eventually realised.

Nick at the beginning of the show is not Nick at the end of the show. We met him after he and Juliette were already established as a couple so we were never privy to the teething phase of their relationship in the same way we were to Nick and Adalind during S5 & S6. We don't know how long it took for Nick to admit he loved Juliette. We already know that his upbringing stunted a lot of his emotions. Juliette herself is the one that shares much about their relationship, like how Nick never celebrated Christmas until he met her, so what else could Nick have kept to himself before fully opening up?

The only clear difference we can make between the two relationships is how differently they handled the problems they faced as a couple. There's a lot of stuff that gets swept under the rug with both relationships. However, Nick and Juliette continued to drift apart despite their love while Nick and Adalind grow closer despite having a mountain of baggage in comparison.

To me, it makes little sense to compare the two relationship when they are different in every respect and how can you truly form an opinion of the validity (or lack thereof) of one when we have inconclusive data to use to make a fair and equal comparison between the two? Would it be fair to say in the twenty years of being with Adalind (confirmed by the writers) versus the six years he had with Juliette that Nick never really loved Juliette because he never went the distance, by comparison?

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Loona - 05-31-2017

That what happened in the series would never happen in real life. Special with the subject Nadalind. Which girl or boyfriend would get together with the woman who targened this friend and his former love. It makes no sence. But that's just a series...

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - rpmaluki - 05-31-2017

(05-31-2017, 12:22 AM)Loona Wrote: That what happened in the series would never happen in real life. Special with the subject Nadalind. Which girl or boyfriend would get together with the woman who targened this friend and his former love. It makes no sence. But that's just a series...
But we are not talking real life, we are talking about what happened on the show Grimm. The people on this show, their actions, emotions are governed by the whims of those who wrote them. I'm in no position to judge real life people for their choices anymore than I would want to be judged for mine.

All I can say about Nick is that Adalind asked him to put aside his anger and resentment for her for the sake of their son. She was prepared to do the same and they did and in the midst of trying to rear up their child in a place of safety, they developed genuine feelings for one another. It wasn't planned or intended. They did try to push it back but extenuating circumstances forced those feelings to the foreground.

Adalind's 5x11 ILY is mirrored perfectly with Nick's ILY in 6x12. They each were afraid that death would rob them of the opportunity of speaking what was in their hearts. Granted, it's not conventional but then they aren't a conventional couple by any stretch of the imagination, hence I don't get why you harp on Adalind being "runner up" or a "consolation prize" when Nick has never once treated Adalind like that. It's belittling and very disrespectful, which is why I'm so glad Nick was never written that way, not once when he was with Adalind.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - MarylikesGrimm - 05-31-2017

(05-30-2017, 10:49 PM)Loona Wrote: "Mom and Dad are waiting..." It was not mentioned who the siblings speak about if Nick or Sean. Why do you all think it must be Nick? It could be Sean as well. I had not the impression that Diana as well as Kelly have directly addressed a person.

My answer is in the "RE: Did Adalind raped Nick?" thread.

(05-31-2017, 12:22 AM)Loona Wrote: That what happened in the series would never happen in real life. Special with the subject Nadalind. Which girl or boyfriend would get together with the woman who targened this friend and his former love. It makes no sence. But that's just a series...

Sean targeted Nick and all his friends over and over. He never says he was sorry to anyone but Adalind. Renard99 says he too attractive to blame. In fact, Nick, Hank and Wu still work for him.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - irukandji - 05-31-2017

(05-30-2017, 04:51 PM)Juliette Wrote:
(05-30-2017, 04:27 PM)irukandji Wrote: You know what's weirder? I had no problem believing Nick hated Juliette after she betrayed Kelly. I even could believe Nick forgave Juliette and she forgave him.

Yes, I know. Even I did shortly hate her to be honest. But that quickly settled. And I can understand Nick in the matter that he hated her, it was just a natural reaction - But I am glad they could forgive each other.

I never hated her. I hated what was done to her character. But that aside, you bring up an interesting thought that Nick's hatred of her was a natural reaction. I agree. On the other hand, his forgiveness of her was not. He had to work at that one. As for Juliette/Eve, I imagine it would have been just as hard to work at forgiving Nick because I have no doubt she hated him as well.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Loona - 05-31-2017

I am more upset with Adalind. She always target Juliette no matter what. The Coma and love spell. Almost killed Hank - Wu eating his own carpet. And what he ate otherwise...raped Nick and transform Juliette into a Hexenbiest.

And had the audacity to say "Keep her away from me, Nick." Because of her, everything has happened.

And now she lives Juliette her life, has her boyfriend and their baby? The Baby who was fathered when she raped her " own " now boyfriend? Sorry, but can't deal with the situation. That's why I am still that angry.

And we shall believe they are still together in 20 years...No way.

Bye.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - brandon - 05-31-2017

Nick sought to protect baby and Adalind. What happened next between them is something natural as well as could have been friends only. The fool was Juliette. She was adult enough to decide to cut a healthy relationship and keep up with your life.