Grimm Forum
Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. (/Thread-Did-Nick-and-Adalind-fall-in-faster-or-slower-than-a-normal-couple)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Juliette - 06-02-2017

With the right exercises, she would have become like Eve.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - MarylikesGrimm - 06-02-2017

(06-02-2017, 07:09 PM)Juliette Wrote: With the right exercises, she would have become like Eve.

Adalind/Claire is small. Bitise loves to exercise so much she hurt herself and she had to have hip surgery right after she finished Grimm. Maybe that is why in season 6 they had her do less. There are no exercises to make you more powerful hexenbiest and Adalind really was not into being hexenbiest like the other hexenbiests. Juliette/Eve loves research and she enjoyed the work more. I like the on screen Juliette/Eve powers .

(06-02-2017, 07:09 PM)Juliette Wrote: With the right exercises, she would have become like Eve.

Do you have a low opinion of Juliette/Eve abilities?

(06-02-2017, 06:26 PM)irukandji Wrote: Then when wonderboys G&K can't think of anything else to do with her, they give her memories and turn her into a pathetic weakling with no future and no home,

Eve only started having feelings and emotions after the stick. IMO Eve had a future and in season 5 she hid from team grimm and in season 6 did not go back there because she wanted to research the mirror monster with them.

(06-02-2017, 06:26 PM)irukandji Wrote: turn her into a pathetic weakling

In 607, Eve fought well against Adalind when Adalind was woged but Eve was not.

(06-02-2017, 06:26 PM)irukandji Wrote: so she writes jibberish in Nick's basement

Eve went to take the stick to do her research and the stick helped her write messages to assist her with the work.

(06-02-2017, 06:26 PM)irukandji Wrote: *Diana* comes to the rescue at the last minute. This, so Adalind can offer aid and comfort.

The symbols in the tunnel are what the russian lady uses to find out that Diana might be Z's future bride.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Tara - 06-02-2017

Just stop it. Adalind is not small and fragile. She can defend herself very well. Although some of you thought differently. At least it seems like that. I must agree with Juliette as well as irukandji - it would be very interesting to know how Adalind would have developed if they would have take her instead of Juliette/Eve.

That would have been a great idea, by the way.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - MarylikesGrimm - 06-02-2017

(06-02-2017, 07:53 PM)Tara Wrote: Just stop it. Adalind is not small
Claire Coffee 5′ 4″
Bitsie Tulloch 5′ 6″

(06-02-2017, 07:53 PM)Tara Wrote: She can defend herself very well.
We never see Adalind defends herself well in Grimm.

character kills
Nick 54
Eve/Juliette 27 she is the next one after Nick out of all the characters in the show.
Trubel 20
Hank 19
Sean 12
Wu 12
Monroe 10
Adalind 2
Rosalee 2
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Deaths_and_Kills

(06-02-2017, 07:53 PM)Tara Wrote: Just stop it. Adalind is not small and fragile. She can defend herself very well. Although some of you thought differently. At least it seems like that. I must agree with Juliette as well as irukandji - it would be very interesting to know how Adalind would have developed if they would have take her instead of Juliette/Eve.

That would have been a great idea, by the way.

HW took Diana and Juliette because both of them were powerful. They did not want weak Adalind but IMO Adalind would have been willing to care for Diana and Kelly under Hw.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Tara - 06-02-2017

(06-02-2017, 08:05 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Just stop it. Adalind is not small
Claire Coffee 5′ 4″
Bitsie Tulloch 5′ 6″

I'm 5'7 so there aren't so many difference. Even if you're small it doesn't mean you are powerless.

(06-02-2017, 08:18 PM)Tara Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 08:05 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Just stop it. Adalind is not small
Claire Coffee 5′ 4″
Bitsie Tulloch 5′ 6″

I'm 5'7 so there aren't so many difference. Even if you're small it doesn't mean you are powerless.
I'm 5'8.
Adalind has few powers since she was born a hexenbiest and is small. If HW took her they would have had her watch Diana just like BC and Sean do.

HW asks Grimms if they want to join. Misener was in the loft with Adalind and he shows no interest. Trubel promised Adalind that HW did not want Kelly. Eve never suggested that Adalind join HW.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - irukandji - 06-02-2017

(06-02-2017, 06:45 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Mary: Often the outsider like the anthropologist or the researcher from a different culture is the one that can most understand a culture in context and later push for change.

It's funny, that argument never worked for Juliette. Now it's supposed to work for Eve?

(06-02-2017, 06:26 PM)irukandji Wrote: Eve in the show always had all of Juliette's memories. She told Nick that at the table they first "meet".

She also said she didn't "go there", meaning she didn't access those memories. There's a reason for that and it's not because Juliette didn't want to deal with them. She was programmed to become Eve and not access Juliette's memories. With the way she was brutalized, I have no doubt there probably is some kind of pain involved if she does access those memories.

(06-02-2017, 06:26 PM)irukandji Wrote: Adalind was like her mother from the beginning is not being a physical hexenbiest and Adalind was less interested in reading about spells and like than her mother. Juliette the human was taller, smarter, stronger and more proactive than most woman and enjoy doing research from the start of Grimm. I would never punish Eve by keeping her in the fome to raise Kelly and Diana. Eve has shown no interest in even a play date with either child and for good reason. Eve has read more books on being a hexenbiest than Adalind as well as being much much stronger both physically and magically as a hexenbiest than Adalind .

A woman five feet tall can become a soldier if she qualifies. In other words, soldiers come in all sizes. Adalind's no shrinking violet. She gave birth in the woods with no anesthestic, then headed off immediately after to get to the jet. She physically fought with Juliette and Nick. She went through all kinds of trials while she was pregnant just to get a hexenbiest spirit. The truth of the matter is, she could have been made into a soldier instead of Eve.

I can imagine the outcry if that happened, however.

And where is it shown that living in comfort in the fome is considered punishment? Adalind certainly didn't seem any worse for wear being there. Juliette lived with Nick for years in the comfort of their home. I never felt she viewed herself as imprisoned or punished for choosing to live with him.

Just because Juliette is extremely intelligent and does research doesn't mean she's harboring a secret dream of becoming someone else and being used as the ultimate weapon for a government organization. It certainly doesn't mean she dreams of then getting her memories back and becoming a weak and pathetic clinging vine in the fome either. As I said earlier, I hate the fact that her character was mutilated and annihilated for no reason other than for Adalind to take her place.

(06-02-2017, 07:18 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Eve went to take the stick to do her research and the stick helped her write messages to assist her with the work.

What work? The symbols she spent all that time drawing did not lead to a great breakthrough in eliminating Z. It was a vehicle to get Diana to *sense* her in the tunnel so Adalind could go down and rescue her.

(06-02-2017, 07:18 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: The symbols in the tunnel are what the russian lady uses to find out that Diana might be Z's future bride.

Key word here is "might". I thought the Russian lady was a big dead end.

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - Loona - 06-02-2017

I agree with everything you say. Meanwhile, I think it was a finished thing. To much to the subject Juliette/Eve doesn't feel anything...

Eve: You love Adalind.
Nick: Why are you asking?
Eve: I'm not. I can feel it.

As if there is anything to much to the matter Juliette her emotions hide ...

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - MarylikesGrimm - 06-03-2017

(06-02-2017, 10:21 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 06:45 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Mary: Often the outsider like the anthropologist or the researcher from a different culture is the one that can most understand a culture in context and later push for change.

It's funny, that argument never worked for Juliette. Now it's supposed to work for Eve?

That argument works perfectly for Juliette. She only character in the show that was able to mix wesen and non-wesen together for multiple parties in the show and one web grimm show. IMO that was important positive feature of Juliette.

(06-02-2017, 10:21 PM)irukandji Wrote: She also said she didn't "go there", meaning she didn't access those memories. There's a reason for that and it's not because Juliette didn't want to deal with them. She was programmed to become Eve and not access Juliette's memories. With the way she was brutalized, I have no doubt there probably is some kind of pain involved if she does access those memories.

It is true that Eve was avoiding talking to Nick by meaning she didn't "go there" meaning that she did not like to dwell or think about it. Bitsie has said that Eve did not like what she did as Juliette's hexenbiest and that is why her memories hurt her and that makes sense to me too. Eve was using are Juliette' memories all through season 5 and season 6. In fact the reason Eve knew Nick at the table was she had her Juliette memories. I saw no evidence that anything was done to Juliette by Mensier except to stop her from being a killing machine. Eve kept her new name to the end because she wanted that way and no one forced her. Eve was not in a prison and in fact she might of gone back to with HW ater "The End" because Trubel her friend was there. Trubel and Nick were never forced to work for HW.

don't go there - definition - Don't imagine or even think such a thing. It is often used in a slightly risqué context. The American Heritage® New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

www.dictionary.com/browse/don-t-go-there

(06-02-2017, 10:21 PM)irukandji Wrote: Adalind's no shrinking violet. She gave birth in the woods with no anesthestic, then
My husband or doctor did not give me award for giving birth with no anesthetic for medical reasons. I want it now!Smile

(06-02-2017, 11:45 PM)Loona Wrote: I agree with everything you say. Meanwhile, I think it was a finished thing. To much to the subject Juliette/Eve doesn't feel anything...

Eve: You love Adalind.
Nick: Why are you asking?
Eve: I'm not. I can feel it.

As if there is anything to much to the matter Juliette her emotions hide ...

Yes, IMO this shows that Eve in season 6 had her full emotions.

(06-02-2017, 10:21 PM)irukandji Wrote: She physically fought with Juliette and Nick. She went through all kinds of trials while she was pregnant just to get a hexenbiest spirit.

Yes, Adalind was tricked into fighting Nick to lose her powers. Juliette wiped the floor with Adalind and had trouble stopping herself from killing Adalind since Adalind was so weak.

Adalind touched "dirty" stuff for her trial. I have dealt with much worse trials in my own life and I have done many of them pregnant myself. I packed like 40 boxes myself and late in pregnancy. On moving day my husband went somewhere else for the day without warning me and I with a four year old and a newborn I had to box 20 more boxes while I have to assist the movers. The movers forced to me to make changes to the box sizes and the like.

(06-02-2017, 10:21 PM)irukandji Wrote: And where is it shown that living in comfort in the fome is considered punishment? Adalind certainly didn't seem any worse for wear being there. Juliette lived with Nick for years in the comfort of their home. I never felt she viewed herself as imprisoned or punished for choosing to live with him.

The forum has whole threads talking about how terrible the fome is and I thought you were one of the ones who hated it. Adalind is very restricted person because she is caring Diana who has still has behavior issues and Kelly is at risk of being attacked and IMO part of Adalind's redemption is give them extra care.

Juliette was a vet who was out much at work and with her friends. When she was at home it was very comfortable.

The fome is a very simple place for protection. You do not see TV, books or audio equipment and such there. The password for the fome is a code that means bare minimum or something like that.

Did you just say that Nick owned the home that Juliette lived in?

RE: Did Nick and Adalind fall in faster or slower than a normal couple. - MarylikesGrimm - 06-03-2017

(06-02-2017, 10:21 PM)irukandji Wrote: Just because Juliette is extremely intelligent and does research doesn't mean she's harboring a secret dream of becoming someone else and being used as the ultimate weapon for a government organization. It certainly doesn't mean she dreams of then getting her memories back and becoming a weak and pathetic clinging vine in the fome either. As I said earlier, I hate the fact that her character was mutilated and annihilated for no reason other than for Adalind to take her place.

I am a Juliette/Eve and Bitsie supporter. Eve believes that helping the wesen world is her redemption and Bitise choice to show Eve using robotic behavior but not to show she was doing anything against her will.

Adalind and Juliette have nothing in common but being women and having Nick as their boyfriend in part of the show. I support Bitise view that Eve saw herself as a hero and I realize that on screen Eve/Juliette and how Bitsie chose to act is a big issue on the forum but not for me.

Sean and Nick have more in common and you could see it as them switching places as dating goes instead of Juliette and Adalind.