Grimm Forum
20 Years Later-The New Bloods and a new Wesen Council? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: 20 Years Later-The New Bloods and a new Wesen Council? (/Thread-20-Years-Later-The-New-Bloods-and-a-new-Wesen-Council)

Pages: 1 2

20 Years Later-The New Bloods and a new Wesen Council? - irukandji - 05-20-2017

I always thought the Wesen Council was a rather ineffective plot device. In fairness to them, however, most of that is due to the fact that we were never given a lot of background on how this group actually operated to govern Wesen law. We know they had assassins, and on occasion, an assassin was dispatched to enforce the law when it became necessary for the council to intervene.

One wesen law which the council enforced was the Gesetzbuch Ehrenkodex, in which wesen cannot use their wesen side to place humans at disadvantage or murder them.

Rosalee made contact with the council on occasion and was visibly upset when they were murdered by Black Claw in season 5. The exception was Alexander, who managed to escape. It's been speculated on numerous threads that the council would be replaced, but that never came to pass during the series' run.

If I remember correctly, Nick never gave the council much credence, and at one point they sent an assassin after him, who failed.

It's now 20 years later and the New Bloods (a name I have given to the small group of fighters at the end of the series) are preparing to kill wesen. We know the fighters consist of Kelly, Diana, the triplets, and Mom and Dad.

We have no indication if the ideals the main characters, Nick and Adalind, who are participating in this fight, are actually present 20 years later. My question here is, if they are not, would a wesen council be needed in Portland?

Sean, Monroe, Rosalee, Eve, Hank, and Wu are noticeably absent from the New Bloods. Could these six and (maybe Alexander too?) be the basis for a new wesen council in Portland? Would they be at odds with Nick and his group or would they be working with them?

RE: 20 Years Later-The New Bloods and a new Wesen Council? - eric - 05-20-2017

I don't think a wessen council would be in Portland. People like Rosalee, who report violations of the codes, yes, but not the wessen council. The council had a huge headquarters in Europe, probably a large staff who were not killed by BC. Anyone who has worked for a large organization knows individuals are not vital, even those at the top can be replaced quickly. My guess is folks like Rosalee are the low level locals who report violations, there are people at headquarters who keep records, others who contact offenders and tell them to cease and decease(the fortune teller had been warned before), enforcers(Alexander) and decision makers - THE Council. IMO Rosalee and Monroe would not be on THE Council because their mixed marriage would be scandalous, if not borderline illegal. I think the basic reason for the Council still exists(keeping all Wessen secret and safe). If nothing else the New Bloods-good name-could be enforcers who deal with really dangerous wessen that normal enforcers can kill-maybe new BC cells. Nick did refer the lucky foot wessen and the Krampus cases to the council-some things are best left to professionals.

RE: 20 Years Later-The New Bloods and a new Wesen Council? - MarylikesGrimm - 05-20-2017

(05-20-2017, 04:30 PM)eric Wrote: I don't think a wessen council would be in Portland. People like Rosalee, who report violations of the codes, yes, but not the wessen council. The council had a huge headquarters in Europe, probably a large staff who were not killed by BC. Anyone who has worked for a large organization knows individuals are not vital, even those at the top can be replaced quickly. My guess is folks like Rosalee are the low level locals who report violations, there are people at headquarters who keep records, others who contact offenders and tell them to cease and decease(the fortune teller had been warned before), enforcers(Alexander) and decision makers - THE Council. IMO Rosalee and Monroe would not be on THE Council because their mixed marriage would be scandalous, if not borderline illegal. I think the basic reason for the Council still exists(keeping all Wessen secret and safe). If nothing else the New Bloods-good name-could be enforcers who deal with really dangerous wessen that normal enforcers can kill-maybe new BC cells. Nick did refer the lucky foot wessen and the Krampus cases to the council-some things are best left to professionals.
Nick let the Alexander take the wesen mummy too.

RE: 20 Years Later-The New Bloods and a new Wesen Council? - rpmaluki - 05-20-2017

I don't see the wesen council staying gone for too long. It should and probably has reformed and probably with Alexander working closely with the new council members to make sure wesen matters continue to be dealt with by wesen and not left entirely to Grimms or HW as they have been doing for thousands of years. It's an organization, killing the individuals doesn't kill the organization. But I do think their previous dealings with Nick, however tenuous will continue on seeing his close relationships with so many wesen. If the council has an issue they can't deal with, they'd refer to Nick as a Grimm, whom they know wants to maintain some order between all groups. They've done it before and Nick has ceded certain cases to them because certain issues went beyond what he's called to do if killing isn't an option and human laws deficient in dealing with particular wesen problems.

RE: 20 Years Later-The New Bloods and a new Wesen Council? - irukandji - 05-21-2017

(05-20-2017, 04:30 PM)eric Wrote: I don't think a wessen council would be in Portland. People like Rosalee, who report violations of the codes, yes, but not the wessen council. The council had a huge headquarters in Europe, probably a large staff who were not killed by BC. Anyone who has worked for a large organization knows individuals are not vital, even those at the top can be replaced quickly. My guess is folks like Rosalee are the low level locals who report violations, there are people at headquarters who keep records, others who contact offenders and tell them to cease and decease(the fortune teller had been warned before), enforcers(Alexander) and decision makers - THE Council. IMO Rosalee and Monroe would not be on THE Council because their mixed marriage would be scandalous, if not borderline illegal. I think the basic reason for the Council still exists(keeping all Wessen secret and safe). If nothing else the New Bloods-good name-could be enforcers who deal with really dangerous wessen that normal enforcers can kill-maybe new BC cells. Nick did refer the lucky foot wessen and the Krampus cases to the council-some things are best left to professionals.

But what would be wrong with forming a new wesen council out of the people who don't regularly participate with the New Bloods (btw thank you for the compliment!)?

Alexander and the scoobies all have talents that would make them invaluable in a council. Even Sean, with his network, could be a great asset.

Aside from that, don't you think there should be a council in Portland to police the New Bloods' activities?

RE: 20 Years Later-The New Bloods and a new Wesen Council? - MarylikesGrimm - 05-21-2017

(05-21-2017, 07:42 PM)irukandji Wrote:

But what would be wrong with forming a new wesen council out of the people who don't regularly participate with the New Bloods (btw thank you for the compliment!)?

Alexander and the scoobies all have talents that would make them invaluable in a council. Even Sean, with his network, could be a great asset.

Aside from that, don't you think there should be a council in Portland to police the New Bloods' activities?

I like how they had one main Council in Europe to prevent conflicting Councils like multiple popes in the old days. I think it would be great for Sean and Diana to work for them. Kelly could do special projects for his sister. The council needs local representatives one of them could be Rosalee but their should be more so Nick issues can go to the Council too.

RE: 20 Years Later-The New Bloods and a new Wesen Council? - irukandji - 05-22-2017

I always found the council a rather useless organization. When you think about it, how much use are they if they're never informed of a wesen acting up? In Portland alone, wesen were violating laws at least once a week. Those are only the ones we know about.

RE: 20 Years Later-The New Bloods and a new Wesen Council? - MarylikesGrimm - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 05:21 AM)irukandji Wrote: I always found the council a rather useless organization. When you think about it, how much use are they if they're never informed of a wesen acting up? In Portland alone, wesen were violating laws at least once a week. Those are only the ones we know about.

I agree with you that is why I hope more representatives could catch more issues.

RE: 20 Years Later-The New Bloods and a new Wesen Council? - rpmaluki - 05-22-2017

(05-22-2017, 05:21 AM)irukandji Wrote: I always found the council a rather useless organization. When you think about it, how much use are they if they're never informed of a wesen acting up? In Portland alone, wesen were violating laws at least once a week. Those are only the ones we know about.
I don't think they cared about wesen breaking human laws so much. The only [wesen] law that seemed to matter to them the most was the one that made sure wesen stayed hidden from human public. Woging accidentally so humans saw was allowed (Edit: I could be wrong about this) but they drew the line in purposefully exposing the wesen community to normal humans. I imagine that had more to do with avoiding persecutions. Humans have a knack for destroying what they don't understand or is different to them. Abiding by human laws just complimented their most stringent laws that's why they allowed Grimm to continue hunting wesen for centuries instead of standing up against them. They hated Grimm but they hated being exposed just as equally if not more. It's unfortunate we don't know any more about how they governed the wesen community past Rosalee calling them at least once a season or less for something. I'm sure they had more "laws" than that one specifically.

RE: 20 Years Later-The New Bloods and a new Wesen Council? - eric - 05-22-2017

I can see a national/regional sub-council that would be the first to collect information, contact the offending wessen, then referring issues up the chain of command for those who don't want to stop(the fortune teller). Both Renard and Rosalee contacted the main Council right away to report the bank robbers, no time to waste on those idiots. We know council members came from all over the world(see their outfits at the fatal meeting), they probably dealt with issues too big for local councils-BC. Personally I see a need for the world council since some problems are too big for locals and need coordinated world wide action. Plus, it takes a lot of money to pay for professional killers for smaller issues.