Grimm Forum
Nick & Eve (Seasons 5 - 6 ) - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Nick & Eve (Seasons 5 - 6 ) (/Thread-Nick-Eve-Seasons-5-6)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Nick & Eve (Seasons 5 - 6 ) - Circe27 - 05-11-2017

(05-11-2017, 02:32 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(05-11-2017, 01:46 PM)Circe27 Wrote: There are a number of factors on why the show was just cancelled, it's not just Nadalind. This was a supernatural show on Friday night on NBC that had a late series premieres which gave ample time for viewers to find other shows to watch and get invested in before this one started, oddly timed breaks, poorly promoted, and the ratings started to fluctuate early on season 4 before Nadalind.

Season 5 is Nadalind. IMO Adalind staying at Bud's so she is not homeless is not Nadadlind.

(05-11-2017, 01:58 PM)Circe27 Wrote:
(05-11-2017, 01:48 PM)Loona Wrote: Sure, but it was the time when Juliette changed and Adalind get pregnant with the grimm baby ;-)
The first time the rating dropped in season 4 was episode 2. Before Juliette changed and Adalind knew she was pregnant. It dropped every other episode it seems.
I compared Season 4 (1st to 2nd half)-1 to 12 / 13- 22 both the demo values and viewers dropped.

13 is "Trial by Fire" where the biest fight is.

Grimm
Season 4
Show 1-12 13-22
demo viewers(mil)
1.25 4.9628
1.03 4.6205

I agree Nadalind didn't happen until season 5, I was saying the season 4 drop couldn't be blamed on Nadalind. Episode 4.2 was like a 1.1 from a 1.4 premiere. I think the premier was the highest one that season.

RE: Nick & Eve (Seasons 5 - 6 ) - Hexenadler - 05-11-2017

(05-11-2017, 05:24 PM)Loona Wrote: But what I can say where I am VERY angry about: Is that Nick turn away of Juliette in disgust when he get to know Juliette is a Hexenbiest through Adalind - and he accept a relationship with Adalind even he know she is an Hexenbiest again... Uh? Hello? I mean what? Bring Juliette back - give her another name and an differently character - so she is not standing in the way of Nadalind...

And we Nickliette shipper should accept this so easily? Sorry I am still pissed about that. But I think Nadalind is to blame for the cancellation.

It's making the characters pull weird, inconsistent actions like the one described above that alienated enough viewers from the show to bring about cancellation.

RE: Nick & Eve (Seasons 5 - 6 ) - MarylikesGrimm - 05-11-2017

(05-11-2017, 06:05 PM)Circe27 Wrote:
(05-11-2017, 02:32 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(05-11-2017, 01:46 PM)Circe27 Wrote: There are a number of factors on why the show was just cancelled, it's not just Nadalind. This was a supernatural show on Friday night on NBC that had a late series premieres which gave ample time for viewers to find other shows to watch and get invested in before this one started, oddly timed breaks, poorly promoted, and the ratings started to fluctuate early on season 4 before Nadalind.

Season 5 is Nadalind. IMO Adalind staying at Bud's so she is not homeless is not Nadadlind.

(05-11-2017, 01:58 PM)Circe27 Wrote:
(05-11-2017, 01:48 PM)Loona Wrote: Sure, but it was the time when Juliette changed and Adalind get pregnant with the grimm baby ;-)
The first time the rating dropped in season 4 was episode 2. Before Juliette changed and Adalind knew she was pregnant. It dropped every other episode it seems.
I compared Season 4 (1st to 2nd half)-1 to 12 / 13- 22 both the demo values and viewers dropped.

Grimm
Season 4
Show 1-12 13-22
demo viewers(mil)
1.25 4.9628
1.03 4.6205

I agree Nadalind didn't happen until season 5, I was saying the season 4 drop couldn't be blamed on Nadalind. Episode 4.2 was like a 1.1 from a 1.4 premiere. I think the premier was the highest one that season.

In season 4, shows from 1 to 12, one lowest demo value is 1.1 and the highest demo value is 1.4. While the shows 13-22 demo values range is low of 0.9 to the high of 1.1. All the demo values of the first half is higher or equal to all the values of the second half. This is the only season with a clear during season drop in demo but this can only suggest something that happen that cause more young people to stop viewing. The season averages for demo go down even when viewership goes up. The demo only goes down after season 2.

Mary: The whole industry has rating declines due to younger people dropping out of tv.

http://adage.com/article/media/returning-broadcast-tv-shows-suffer-ratings-drop/300786/
By Anthony Crupi. Published on October 06, 2015.
While time-shifting likely accounts for a big chunk of the overall ratings declines -- not to mention the cannibalistic scourge that is Netflix et al -- the likelihood of the networks' capturing more than a pittance of the concomitant lost advertising impressions remains low. As much as the Big Four have become far more proactive in steering viewers to the more ad-friendly VOD environments, commercial deliveries will continue to suffer so long as DVR remains the dominant time-shifting vehicle. (We'll have a much better sense of where the guaranteed ratings stand next week, once Nielsen has completed processing the season's first batch of C3 data. Stay tuned.)

One final trend worth mentioning has to do with TV usage among the younger demos. A year ago, young women began disappearing from broadcast's radar, and while the numbers for week one weren't exactly encouraging, there appears to have been some improvement since the season began. For example, while PUT (people using TV) levels among women 18-to-34 were down 10% in week one, the declines moderated to minus-5% in week two. Likewise, after usage among women 18-to-24 was down 13% during the first week of the season, that improved to minus-6% a week ago.
Unfortunately, the younger male viewers didn't seem to get the memo. Whereas PUT levels for men 18-to-34 were down 15% in week one, they weren't much better the following week (-13%). The same applied to usage among men 18-24, which dropped 19% during premiere week and remained in the doldrums (-18%) last week.
By Anthony Crupi. Published on October 06, 2015.

RE: Nick & Eve (Seasons 5 - 6 ) - wesen - 10-14-2017

Younger demo doesn't watch tv as much, not when they can go online or use Netflix. I myself do not watch that much either, preferring to binge watch episodes rather than wait every week for the next episode on tv. Also, maybe newer shows came around that time, or if the ratings only count when the actual episode is shown, they may not reflect the overall number of viewers who save the episode and watch it later on a different day.

RE: Nick & Eve (Seasons 5 - 6 ) - irukandji - 05-27-2021

(05-11-2017, 04:05 AM)WispyWillow Wrote: They ended the series as friends. Guess they both got what they wanted in the end
just not the way they expected it.

Nick and Juliette were good friends, that was apparent. But Nick and Eve? I would have to say I don't really see any evidence of that. They were more colleagues than anything else. She was just as badassed as Nick and knew things. That about summed up Nick's interest in her. Too bad, because that was a major character letdown, both of Nick and of Eve. Nick made a silly attempt while they were visiting the land of Z, but by then, it was too little too late.

RE: Nick & Eve (Seasons 5 - 6 ) - Hexenadler - 11-05-2021

Every time I try to look at GRIMM's fourth season with an objective eye, I think of the last five episodes up to CRY HAVOC, and the old rage comes back. I was so fucking upset by what the writers decided to do with Nick & Juliette's relationship, I couldn't get any sleep. I hoped the antagonism I've felt towards Greenwalt & Kouf since that day would eventually fade, but if anything, it's only gotten worse. They could have forged a deeply inspiring tale of a couple overcoming a seemingly impossible obstacle to stay together, and instead, they pulled down their pants and defecated all over what the show was meant to stand for (i.e. the value of tolerance and acceptance) purely for the sake of "shaking things up." Everything that occurred in season 5 only threw salt on the wound.

And please don't try to defend the end of season 4 as the show's intentional emotional low point. There are other ways of pushing your main cast through the gauntlet without turning them into outright villains who'd you rather see die by flaying. "Darker" doesn't always mean "better," people. 

I like to believe that everything that happened after TRIAL BY FIRE took place in the same evil alternate reality where the crew of the classic STAR TREK encountered their dark selves, and we simply never got a chance to see what actually went down.

RE: Nick & Eve (Seasons 5 - 6 ) - FaceInTheCrowd - 11-06-2021

The S04 plot arc of Adalind becoming pregnant with Nick's baby and hexenbiest Juliette going psycho and wanting to kill her was a detour prompted by Clair Coffee becoming pregnant. I've always wondered what the original plan for the season ending was, and whether it would have been better. It could hardly have been worse than the one we got.

RE: Nick & Eve (Seasons 5 - 6 ) - irukandji - 11-07-2021

The recent comments bring a question to my mind. There are posts under Grimm Reddit, Grimm Fandom, and even some on here where posters have stated they do what is called a "rewatch" of the series. Some of these posters, according to their posts, have watched the series as much as seven or eight times. I've never found the series all that good to even watch it a second time. What are your thoughts on multiple viewings of Grimm? Are these viewers trying to find more to the series than there is? I can't imagine watching it and then talking about an episode where Nick moved to the left instead of the right. That was sarcastic, but even from viewers who have watched it so many times, I have yet to read any revealing topics that would make the series worth a second look.

RE: Nick & Eve (Seasons 5 - 6 ) - FaceInTheCrowd - 11-07-2021

There are certain episodes I enjoyed enough that I will sometimes watch them again. But whole seasons, much less the entire series? No.

RE: Nick & Eve (Seasons 5 - 6 ) - Hexenadler - 11-08-2021

(11-06-2021, 09:58 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: The S04 plot arc of Adalind becoming pregnant with Nick's baby and hexenbiest Juliette going psycho and wanting to kill her was a detour prompted by Clair Coffee becoming pregnant. I've always wondered what the original plan for the season ending was, and whether it would have been better. It could hardly have been worse than the one we got.

It was a detour that ran the show over a cliff. I'm not trying to slam Clair's pregnancy, because that's a real-life thing that just happens to people, but her belly wasn't even visibly swollen all the time she was on-screen. Pointless.