Grimm Forum
Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Juliette (/Thread-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Juliette - irukandji - 05-18-2015

(05-18-2015, 10:56 AM)Belle Wrote: Agreed. Juliette and Renard seemed to have a serious spark, but I don't think that means the problem was with Nick. I still find that she just didn't seem to have any real passion for him. Whether the general "blah" vibe was mutual or not, the two characters simply didn't register as an authentic couple. The fact that the actors are supposed to be dating in real life strikes me as ironic because onscreen their relationship comes across as forced.

Well actually it could lie with Nick. Perhaps he has another true love that no woman can replace.....the lure of the Wesen.

RE: Juliette - Belle - 05-18-2015

(05-18-2015, 11:11 AM)grn Wrote:
(05-18-2015, 10:49 AM)irukandji Wrote: I wonder if the lack of chemistry lies within Nick and not Juliette. I remember watching the scenes where she kisses Renard during her lapse of memory a couple of years back. No lack of chemistry between those two.
I see a chemistry between Nick and Adalind. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.
No, I think you're right. Even when she was masquerading as Juliette I thought Adalind and Nick had chemistry. If you look at the whole of Adalind's story I also don't believe she's as evil as some people seem to feel she is. A lot of what she did she was put up to by her mother or because Nick stripped her of her powers and her identity. Becoming a mom really softened her in some respects, while in other cases she was only willing to do bad things to get her daughter back, which you can't really fault her for. Once they bond over having a baby together I could totally see Nick and Adalind getting together; although, I also thought Meisner and she seemed to have a connection, so I could see them becoming a couple.

(05-18-2015, 01:11 PM)Belle Wrote: If you look at the whole of Adalind's story I also don't believe she's as evil as some people seem to feel she is. A lot of what she did she was put up to by her mother or because Nick stripped her of her powers and her identity. Becoming a mom really softened her in some respects, while in other cases she was only willing to do bad things to get her daughter back, which you can't really fault her for. Once they bond over having a baby together I could totally see Nick and Adalind getting together; although, I also thought Meisner and she seemed to have a connection, so I could see them becoming a couple.

Oh, she's evil all right and I don't think we're seen the last of her evil ways. It's surprising that Nick doesn't sit down and think things through and come to the conclusion that all of the recent hurts began with Adalind and her revenge. I think he's far nicer to her than she deserves.

(05-18-2015, 01:29 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-18-2015, 01:11 PM)Belle Wrote: If you look at the whole of Adalind's story I also don't believe she's as evil as some people seem to feel she is. A lot of what she did she was put up to by her mother or because Nick stripped her of her powers and her identity. Becoming a mom really softened her in some respects, while in other cases she was only willing to do bad things to get her daughter back, which you can't really fault her for. Once they bond over having a baby together I could totally see Nick and Adalind getting together; although, I also thought Meisner and she seemed to have a connection, so I could see them becoming a couple.

Oh, she's evil all right and I don't think we're seen the last of her evil ways. It's surprising that Nick doesn't sit down and think things through and come to the conclusion that all of the recent hurts began with Adalind and her revenge. I think he's far nicer to her than she deserves.

I didn't say she wasn't evil, just that she isn't as evil as everyone makes her out to be. She doesn't just mess with people for no reason. I respect the Adalind character because she acts with purpose.
Now if you want to talk about truly evil...I think Juliette turning down Nick's proposal, then stringing him along for years was the epitome of evil and that was before she had the excuse of being a hexenbeist, which Adalind has been dealing with her whole life.

I don't think turning down a proposal = evil Juliette. If Nick was traumatized by that, he certainly did a good job of hiding it.

(05-18-2015, 01:47 PM)irukandji Wrote: I don't think turning down a proposal = evil Juliette. If Nick was traumatized by that, he certainly did a good job of hiding it.
Sorry, turning down a proposal and then stringing the guy along is what I would consider hard core evil. And she doesn't really have any excuses for not either marrying him or going her own separate way.
The fact that Nick was willing to put up with that baffles me and was one of the many reasons Nick and Juliette never read as a real couple to me.

(05-18-2015, 01:53 PM)Belle Wrote:
(05-18-2015, 01:47 PM)irukandji Wrote: I don't think turning down a proposal = evil Juliette. If Nick was traumatized by that, he certainly did a good job of hiding it.
Sorry, turning down a proposal and then stringing the guy along is what I would consider hard core evil. And she doesn't really have any excuses for not either marrying him or going her own separate way.
The fact that Nick was willing to put up with that baffles me and was one of the many reasons Nick and Juliette never read as a real couple to me.

In my opinion, Juliette lost Nick and he lost her when he became a Grimm. Even his aunt warned him about staying in a relationship with her. It came true. He loves being a Grimm more than anything, a lot more than he ever loved Juliette. We could see it when he lost his Grimm powers.

RE: Juliette - Tokens210 - 05-18-2015

(05-18-2015, 01:53 PM)Belle Wrote: Sorry, turning down a proposal and then stringing the guy along is what I would consider hard core evil. And she doesn't really have any excuses for not either marrying him or going her own separate way.

I had a whole post talking about this in another thread, Juliette is a hypocrite, and slowly to me atleast was an antagonist to Nick at home

Turns down his proposal cause she feels he's hiding something, fair enough wont hold that against her
Turns him down a second time cause one wedding is enough for now, really that's her answer?, he should have known right then he was losing her

Accuses him of cheating multiple times but is never up from about it, she seemed really insecure in these scenes
thought he cheated with adalind, a stripper, the Muse Wesen, and his mothers email, then again that turned out he did sleep with adalind but cause she looked like juliette alot of accusing during 4 years lol
yet she is never up front, she holds off asking him or telling him till he feels something wrong and asks her

then after she takes the potion and turns to adalind she even makes a comment about how weird it is so she directly sees what he was saying, he didnt know it wasnt her
she takes this further by joking asking him if it wad good for him afterward

ps. that question is a trap nick don't answer it, your wrong either way lol

yet still her main problem with nick involves him sleeping with adalind even tho she now sees what he was saying im like oh come on juliette let it go

you slept with his boss and somewhat friend Sean, and hid it from him till you got caught, and he let it go cause it was a spell that did it

as far as Nick with his powers, Nick was going to give it up, he was going to swallow his pride and take it, went for atleast a day with no powers before he told hank he feels different and he kinda wanted them back now but still didn't do it, it wasn't till the Wesenrein left the burning wolf trap on Monroe and Rosalee's lawn that Juliette said "im, done, you need to be a grimm again"

even when it was just Nick,Monroe and Rosalee, Monroe was trying to explain to him that he cant just loose his powers, the word that Nick Burkhardt is a Grimm has spread so bad Wesen will come around either way and behead him if he's a grimm or not, not being a grimm by that point is more dangerous for both him and juliette

she didn't have to say that, she could have said let's call Trubel, but i think she could tell nick felt some time of way without his powers and he was going to give them up for her even if it made him unhappy

(05-18-2015, 02:38 PM)Tokens210 Wrote:
(05-18-2015, 01:53 PM)Belle Wrote: Sorry, turning down a proposal and then stringing the guy along is what I would consider hard core evil. And she doesn't really have any excuses for not either marrying him or going her own separate way.

I had a whole post talking about this in another thread, Juliette is a hypocrite, and slowly to me atleast was an antagonist to Nick at home

Turns down his proposal cause she feels he's hiding something, fair enough wont hold that against her
Turns him down a second time cause one wedding is enough for now, really that's her answer?, he should have known right then he was losing her

Accuses him of cheating multiple times but is never up from about it, she seemed really insecure in these scenes
thought he cheated with adalind, a stripper, the Muse Wesen, and his mothers email, then again that turned out he did sleep with adalind but cause she looked like juliette alot of accusing during 4 years lol
yet she is never up front, she holds off asking him or telling him till he feels something wrong and asks her

then after she takes the potion and turns to adalind she even makes a comment about how weird it is so she directly sees what he was saying, he didnt know it wasnt her

yet still her main problem with nick involves him sleeping with adalind even tho she now sees what he was saying im like oh come on juliette let it go

you slept with his boss and somewhat friend Sean, and hid it from him till you got caught, and he let it go cause it was a spell that did it

as far as Nick with his powers, Nick was going to give it up, he was going to swallow his pride and take it, went for atleast a day with no powers before he told hank he feels different and he kinda wanted them back now but still didn't do it, it wasn't till the Wesenrein left the burning wolf trap on Monroe and Rosalee's lawn that Juliette said "im, done, you need to be a grimm again"

even when it was just Nick,Monroe and Rosalee, Monroe was trying to explain to him that he cant just loose his powers, the word that Nick Burkhardt is a Grimm has spread so bad Wesen will come around either way and behead him if he's a grimm or not, not being a grimm by that point is more dangerous for both him and juliette

she didn't have to say that, she could have said let's call Trubel, but i think she could tell nick felt some time of way without his powers and he was going to give them up for her even if it made him unhappy

But Tokens, couldn't you just as easily look at the other side of the coin and find where Nick was also at fault?

(05-18-2015, 03:07 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-18-2015, 02:38 PM)Tokens210 Wrote:

But Tokens, couldn't you just as easily look at the other side of the coin and find where Nick was also at fault?

I think Tokens is dead on. I don't even really see how you could flip the script. Nick made his intentions clear, while Juliette chose to hum haw.