Grimm Forum
The Expanse - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-TV-Discussions)
+--- Thread: The Expanse (/Thread-The-Expanse--3914)

The Expanse - wfmyers1207 - 04-19-2017

Thought I'd start a thread for this show. I have seen S1 and have read all six of the novels in the series. (Author is James S. A. Corey if your interested.) the 1st novel is "Leviathan Wakes".

So far, at least, the series is pretty much staying with the novels almost to the letter. I haven't seen S2 yet, the last episode of which is being broadcast tonight on the SyFy Channel, but having read the episode synopses, it would seem to stick to the 2nd novel "Caliban's War".

Anyway, if anyone would like to discuss the show or the novels, I'll be happy to meet you here. Smile

RE: The Expanse - thecdn - 04-20-2017

I've never read the books but I like the show, I'll give any scifi a look.

I like the politics, the proto molecule and the hybrid soldiers but don't care one bit about dealing with the refugees and looking for someones lost daughter - ff comes in handy there.

RE: The Expanse - wfmyers1207 - 04-20-2017

@thecdn, I recommend the books to you. However, since the show is sticking so closely to them, you might want to consider them an extreme spoiler! Big Grin

RE: The Expanse - MANTItotheCore - 04-20-2017

Hey man, I left you a Primate Message prior to seeing this thread.

I wasn't sure that I would like The Expanse. Syfy tends to disappoint, but they are no responsible for the writing in this series, should it should be better Big Grin

I am sure a 'space proponent' that I love to see when humans have made their way out into the galaxy. The Ganymede Station was interesting because they had middle aged people who were born there and had never left it. Action is interesting and the characters are diverse. Would like to see that humanity actually works it out in the end, but...

RE: The Expanse - wfmyers1207 - 04-20-2017

(04-20-2017, 11:21 AM)MANTItotheCore Wrote: Hey man, I left you a Primate Message prior to seeing this thread.

I wasn't sure that I would like The Expanse. Syfy tends to disappoint, but they are no responsible for the writing in this series, should it should be better Big Grin

I am sure a 'space proponent' that I love to see when humans have made their way out into the galaxy. The Ganymede Station was interesting because they had middle aged people who were born there and had never left it. Action is interesting and the characters are diverse. Would like to see that humanity actually works it out in the end, but...

I PM'ed you back. So far the writing has been pretty good. But, basically they are just taking the dialogue and scene setting straight from the novels, almost word for word and scene for scene. Which is probably why it doesn't stink! Big Grin

From what I've seen (and I haven't seen S2 yet) it's roughly 2 or 3 chapters from the novels per episode.

RE: The Expanse - MANTItotheCore - 04-20-2017

(04-20-2017, 02:15 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 11:21 AM)MANTItotheCore Wrote: Hey man, I left you a Primate Message prior to seeing this thread.

I PM'ed you back. So far the writing has been pretty good. But, basically they are just taking the dialogue and scene setting straight from the novels, almost word for word and scene for scene. Which is probably why it doesn't stink! Big Grin

From what I've seen (and I haven't seen S2 yet) it's roughly 2 or 3 chapters from the novels per episode.
That's good to know. S2 ends with them blowing the 'creature' out and frying it and Holden finding out that his girlfriend gave the Belter proto molecule to the OPA.