Grimm Forum
The ring - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: The ring (/Thread-The-ring--3871)

Pages: 1 2

The ring - Circe27 - 04-04-2017

Was anyone else disappointed by the ring and how it came off?
When Diana went with Z because she was under his control, I really expected Adalind to take off the ring. I thought the pain that the kids would supposedly suffer would be great enough to get Diana out of Z's control and Diana would actually do something to fight Z. Then I was surprised Nick just took off the ring, I really didn't think the curse would end if Adalind died because it was about the kids not her. I honestly thought if anyone took the ring off, it would be Renard.

RE: The ring - rpmaluki - 04-04-2017

A few weeks ago, I guessed that Adalind's death would undo the spell if Bonaparte's death didn't. That's how I view Nick taking off the ring. It's scary though that he did it without hesitation because like Adalind with Bonaparte's death, Nick didn't have a way of knowing for certain that the spell ended with her death. And another thing to note, the music actually changed the moment the ring was off her finger, like Nick was the one that actually broke the curse which is even more confusing.

Renard taking off the ring could be a call back to the fairytales where the prince broke the spell, like Renard did with Juliette's sleeping curse. But I guess the writers opted for a "true love breaks curses" option, which is also a fairytale trope.

RE: The ring - jsgrimm45 - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 12:10 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: A few weeks ago, I guessed that Adalind's death would undo the spell if Bonaparte's death didn't. That's how I view Nick taking off the ring. It's scary though that he did it without hesitation because like Adalind with Bonaparte's death, Nick didn't have a way of knowing for certain that the spell ended with her death. And another thing to note, the music actually changed the moment the ring was off her finger, like Nick was the one that actually broke the curse which is even more confusing.

Renard taking off the ring could be a call back to the fairytales where the prince broke the spell, like Renard did with Juliette's sleeping curse. But I guess the writers opted for a "true love breaks curses" option, which is also a fairytale trope.
At the time Adalind was dead so he likely never how much she wanted that ring off so he did it. We also don't know if Bonaparte's being dead just show us his spell had been broken so maybe both together was needed or maybe the spell was gone anyway.

That was the one thing that had change when Nick got back, so what he thought had happened had happened. I was surprised that Adalind didn't say something.

(04-04-2017, 12:18 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 12:10 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: A few weeks ago, I guessed that Adalind's death would undo the spell if Bonaparte's death didn't. That's how I view Nick taking off the ring. It's scary though that he did it without hesitation because like Adalind with Bonaparte's death, Nick didn't have a way of knowing for certain that the spell ended with her death. And another thing to note, the music actually changed the moment the ring was off her finger, like Nick was the one that actually broke the curse which is even more confusing.

At the time Adalind was dead so he likely never how much she wanted that ring off so he did it. We also don't know if Bonaparte's being dead just show us his spell had been broken so maybe both together was needed or maybe the spell was gone anyway.

That was the one thing that had change when Nick got back, so what he thought had happened had happened. I was surprised that Adalind didn't say something.
Nick knew she wanted that ring off. she told him as much the day her first noticed. Adalind was just afraid of taking it off. The show never gave a definite answer as to what or when the spell broke but they certainly played up the moment Nick took off the ring using music, like finally the curse was broken. Bonaparte said if she took off the ring,it would cause great pain to her children. Bonaparte died, then Adalind and Nick was the one to take it off.

The writers unfortunately pushed the ring into the background until Adalind's conversation with Renard and even that wasn't to offer a solution as to how to take it off. As romantic as it is for Nick to be the one to take off the ring because he was the one that loved her, I thought it was rather reckless. The writers didn't even have him hesitate, question if the children would in deed be safe if he took off the ring.

I think Nick hated seeing that ring on Adalind as much as she hated wearing it, at least that explains his thoughtless action. It worked out in the end. It is interesting that Adalind didn't comment on the missing ring but I'm willing to chalk it up to the staff tweaking some details of the past when bringing everyone back and sending Nick into the past. It's the same thing that happened to Eve's hexenbiest although she wasn't aware that for a few hours, she'd been 100% human again.

RE: The ring - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-04-2017

Conrad's told Adalind not to remove the ring. It'd be a hoot if someone else could always have removed it.

RE: The ring - Circe27 - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 12:46 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 12:18 PM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

Nick knew she wanted that ring off. she told him as much the day her first noticed. Adalind was just afraid of taking it off. The show never gave a definite answer as to what or when the spell broke but they certainly played up the moment Nick took off the ring using music, like finally the curse was broken. Bonaparte said if she took off the ring,it would cause great pain to her children. Bonaparte died, then Adalind and Nick was the one to take it off.

The writers unfortunately pushed the ring into the background until Adalind's conversation with Renard and even that wasn't to offer a solution as to how to take it off. As romantic as it is for Nick to be the one to take off the ring because he was the one that loved her, I thought it was rather reckless. The writers didn't even have him hesitate, question if the children would in deed be safe if he took off the ring.

I think Nick hated seeing that ring on Adalind as much as she hated wearing it, at least that explains his thoughtless action. It worked out in the end. It is interesting that Adalind didn't comment on the missing ring but I'm willing to chalk it up to the staff tweaking some details of the past when bringing everyone back and sending Nick into the past. It's the same thing that happened to Eve's hexenbiest although she wasn't aware that for a few hours, she'd been 100% human again.

I have to agree with that. It was definitely reckless but you could tell he didn't want that ring on her finger any more, even in death.

(04-04-2017, 12:52 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Conrad's told Adalind not to remove the ring. It'd be a hoot if someone else could always have removed it.
Definitely.

RE: The ring - MarylikesGrimm - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 11:37 AM)Circe27 Wrote: Was anyone else disappointed by the ring and how it came off?
When Diana went with Z because she was under his control, I really expected Adalind to take off the ring. I thought the pain that the kids would supposedly suffer would be great enough to get Diana out of Z's control and Diana would actually do something to fight Z. Then I was surprised Nick just took off the ring, I really didn't think the curse would end if Adalind died because it was about the kids not her. I honestly thought if anyone took the ring off, it would be Renard.

It was about Sean too and he was dead. It makes sense to me if the curse was broken at that point. From Conrad's point of view if both parents were dead would he wanted the kids to get hurt?

Yes, I totally forgot about Sean, even though he was never mentioned in the curse, the implication was there.

RE: The ring - Hell Rell - 04-04-2017

I had a thought of Adalind removing the ring herself if it seemed inevitable for Zerstorer to get the kids. Adalind does seem like the type to do that rather than have her kids subject to the horrors of Zerstorer for an eternity. It could've even had somewhat of a positive effect with regards to Z and his plans for the kids.

In the end, the ring was a huge waste of time. They would've been better off not introducing it at all.